• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Necro] [FFXI] So what are you doing now?

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh yeah! Dynamis-Divergence was neat too - though OMG was it tempting to engage some of the other mobs there when the person I was assisting was taking a while to target something.

And then of course it was "oh look the mob died while I was running towards it" or "got here, hitting attacks, come on Stelli, draw your damn weapons Stelli, stop staring at the mob and...oh it's dead already."

Between getting in hits a few times, and using Reverse Flourish with No Foot Rise, or Presto+Box Step though I was able to pitch in a little healing with Waltzes at least though, and it was a lot less stressful knowing that things were well and truly in hand for the most part.

It's funny how even the new end game content feels simpler than the old version - but I suspect a lot of that is due to the people who are running it having excellent gear and knowing what to do, where my few experiences in old Dynamis at 75 involved people still working to get solid level 75 gear and at varying stages of familiarity with fighting giant hordes of tough mobs.

As for the Avatars - the weird thing was the damage with Ramuh went: (freshly summoned) 13,600 (one shot the Mandy), 12.7k (next Mandy, also 1 shot), 12.1 (next Mandy). So it was like any TP that was built up was lowering his damage. His 4th BP did rise up though, doing 12.7k again, at which point I decided there was probably some random factor still involved. I don't think Saruta had any weather going either, though maybe day of the week matters too, I hadn't checked that?

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Last night was Frogs, and Taru, and {Death}.

The Frogs were fun, even being with charmed since it's a failure mode that's really just a brief time out with no further penalty. The occasional Ascended one made for a neat surprise too - and beating them came with the reward of stones to throw away into the Merlinic Dastanas!

The AA-Taru was a surprisingly easy fight aside from having to chase all over the arena. It sounds like he's occasionally useful as a Trust to since he opens with Sleepga?

AA-Hume was a different story, thanks to my absorbing a Light SC to the face from him. I think that should be avoidable next time, either by slowing down my DPS a lot and letting AAEV tank him like she's supposed to, or going in Tank mode myself and being more on top of using Violent Flourish, which is probably the tool I most underuse as a DNC.

It felt like unintentionally perfect roleplaying that by the time I recovered from the AA-Hume fight, it was late enough, and earning the 15 merits to repeat it felt like work enough, that I chose to just blow him off for a later day. Now if only the AA would roleplay correctly and just give up the fight as soon as you enter the arena because he's just too apathetic to bother. :D

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hehe. Yes, that would be perfect. But don't worry, he does give up at the end of the fight. :devilish:

(Think about his jobs.)

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Only if you kill him! NMs don't die when they use the NIN 1 hour.

Just go SMN, put up Titan's Earthen Armor and Earthen Ward (reduce massive damage and stoneskin respectively), get your trusts engaged and then go to max avatar command range. Use Ramuh or Ifrit and BP him to death (or Garuda if you think you'll need to heal your trusts). You should be able to move out of command range and stay in engaged range (so your trusts don't disengage), after each BP Rage, which shoud put you out of KABOOM range.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Whaaaaat! That is so cheap! Ugh and you can't stun that either can you? And...does it go through shadows too?

Hmm, maybe it's time to stop Dancing around the problem and say my prayers...to a big blue dog....who can eat him for me!

Oops....wait...wrong Blue Dog...

There! That's better!

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah, it's non-elemental magic damage. And NMs cheat, it's what they do. And it's why the BRDs in Dynamis-Divergence always keep Scherzo up.

And now I want to see someone make an asset swap to make Fenrir look like Blue.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I wonder how hard the models are to rebuild? I know someone was doing the different city zone as high def models but the characters need to have animations too.

Hmm, so BRD to buff the party and protect against Mijin or SMN to ignore it by being out of range (assuming there's room to avoid it)? I guess with 30 Merits I could just try both.

Top Bottom