• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Necro] [FFXI] So what are you doing now?

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Urge to battle rising!

> You must wait longer to perform that action.

Yeah, yeah, I know...

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
With all the Sea creature organs collected at last, I was able to make up all 8 ws gorgets last night.

It occurs to me that even before synergizing up the combined gorget, I can still get use out of them but popping them into the the macros for each of the individual WS (well both since I only have Last Stand and True Flight macro'd at the moment).

It also occurs to me that I should get around to leveling up THF at some point since TH3 is not exactly enough to make this kind of farming quick and there's a whole lot of other things to farm in the game.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So I've now got a fully upgraded Lionsquall and 5? 6? elemental WS belts!

I also learned a couple of valuable lessons:

First: Treat NM Cactuars with respect and macro remedies to get rid of Paralyze because it really sucks when you loose on out on your Double Shot ability because it was paralyzed away (also, pay attention to Cactuar status effects - who knew they did Paralyzes in the first place??)

Second: After getting a brand new weapon, it occasionally, sorta, kinda helps to, you know, actually EQUIP THE DAMN THING when you go back for a rematch. At the very least, equipping said weapon...or really ANY weapon...makes it more likely that one's ranged attack macro will do more that generate error messages. {facepalm x2}

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Journaling!

Weapon skill Belts are go! I think between Friday and Saturday we had them all rounded up (and by we, I of course mean you, I think I only found 1 of the NMs in question and maybe helped with a couple of the other fights).

That lead to a Sunday Synergy Sensation where Aldran, Rydak, and Wargod helped in crafting up the Fotia Gorget and Fotia Belt, so I'm not nicely setup for WS's on both DNC and RNG (don't have WS sets for BRD, SMN, or WHM - but possible should on WHM since I am meleeing on that occasionally).

The synergy work was a neat learning experience too. Aldran and I were really struggling with it until Rydak and Wargod showed up and even with that we failed the syngergies a few times. I have a better sense of how to handle the furnace now though, and can definitely see where having multiple people makes it easier (I'm presuming at higher skill levels things just naturally go smoother though).

CP'ing on Sat with WHM got me to 101 JPs, so Reraise 4 = got! The only job I don't have at 100 JP now (of the ones at 99) is RNG, but it doesn't seem like the 100 point gift is that much of a game changer there.

Silt farming proved to be pretty lucrative - though I should really go back and try it on DNC again since with the dragons on the ground it should be a lot easier to score good points like that (WHM was pretty nice too though - everyone gets knocked to orange hp? no big. Curaga 5 for essentially 0 MP and we're back up to full.)

Farm more lucrative than silt farming though was the Reisenjima NM farming. I think we got all of the pieces from the mobs we were shooting for right?

I'd already burned off the 12 Dark Matters for the day on the Merlinic Dastanas (to no avail - it's tough to beat +9 BP Dmg), but 12 more will be back tonight and I've got plenty of stones to work with too.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yay! Excellent progress! I'd focus your Dark Matters on your new Herculean pieces, hoping for MAB/MACC and WS damage if possible.

In aeonic news, we cleared tier 2 and 3 of Reisenjima, and 2 of the 7 level 150 bosses. 5 bosses to go!

After that, since I'm still on vacation, I did an hour of CPing with Wargod, Gonavan and a couple others, getting 139 JP on SMN.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nice work on the NMs!! I'd say it sounds incredible to be fighting level 150's but I'm starting to get a sense of just how strong top end characters are - I'm thinking it's literally 3-5x where Stelli's at now, and Stelli is probably 2-3x as strong as Slack is, which are superhero numbers - like the only other game I've seen which has that kind of a swing in power at end game is City of Heroes and it's intentionally nuts in terms of what it lets players do.

Similarly, 139 JP in a hour??? I'm amazed the mobs even spawn fast enough to support that! :D

Top Bottom