• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Necro] [FFXI] So what are you doing now?

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It looks like there's sort of a couple of advanced strats for the fight, but I'm not sure if we could pull them off.

One is to use a couple PUP tanks, a COR, and SMNs, and just 1hr astral conduit/astral flow down the frog (it only has 500k HP on VD), resetting 1hrs in Moblin Maze Mongers between fights.

Another is to use a couple MNKs with Penance fully meritted and rotate chi blast to minimize the frog's TP gain, and MNK's naturally high Subtle Blow. Fully buff the melee (COR and BRD) and have a SMN with Cait SIth use Mewling Lullaby whenever they can to reduce the frog's TP to 0. And a RDM to cure and silence the frog.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, we've got at least one kick ass MNK to draw upon, as well as COR, BRD, and SMN. I'm trying to remember if we have any well developed RDMs? Or a 2nd MNK at all?

With the PUP tank, COR and SMNs, would it be 3 SMNs or 2 SMN + 1 GEO?

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ald is MNK, Ryd is RDM. As is Vamp, but he'd be the COR.

The frog is basically immune to Geomancy, so no role for GEO this time around.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think I can handle either BRD or SMN in that case - spamming Mewling isn't exactly rocket science, though if the SMN can also contribute via bursting then Tang would be the go-to choice right (I think he's our master SMN?)

On a related note: I was looking at the Avatar's Favor (which aren't useful here - just in general) and it seemed like Ramuh was a good choice for melees with his bonus to Crits. Ifrit with Double Attack seemed good too but I think I remember you mentioning that your WAR is near the double attack limit already?

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If I'm on WAR, Ramuh best favor, anything else Ifrit. Of course, other people would probably benefit from Ifrit more, but it's not a big deal.

In theory SMN could Mewling, dismiss, call an offensive avatar, rage, dismiss, call Cait, Mewling, repeat, but it's probably safer to stick to just focusing on Mewling.

I'd probably have Tang on BRD (he has 4 songs, and Aeonic flute), and you on SMN. Me and Ald on MNK, Ryd on RDM, and Vamp on COR.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Dang! I always forget just how advanced Tang is in his jobs. Gives me something to strive towards though which is nice :)

I'm happy to handle Mewling spam. If we try that and the first fight goes well, we can evaluate whether its worth risking the summon swap to fire off Rages too. I can picture there being time for it but if the fight's busy or I'm pitching in with healing it might be good to stay focused instead.

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm thinking we try the strat on Easy, and then escalate to Normal if we win, to Difficult if we win Normal, and to Very Difficult if we win Difficult.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I like that plan!

This might be a month where we can work up as we go too. Meaning if we decide Normal or Difficult is all we can handle, we might feel different after a couple of weeks getting the fights down cold.

Top Bottom