• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Necro] [FFXI] So what are you doing now?

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, that was a successful week!

Ubermonkey's triumphant return!

Lots of successful Ambuscades, points for all! We even did one on Difficult!

I completed my MNK WS and TP capes, and made a TP cape for DRK (to compliment my WS cape) and a WS cape for SAM (to compliment my TP cape), and made a TP cape for BLU and started on a WS cape for BLU (I have more points, but I've reached the limit on what I can buy this month).

After a lot of CP, my PLD is now Mastered! Yay! And my MNK is over 1200! Now I need to work on getting SCH up to 1200!

My alt-LS did Omen card farming, and now my MNK AF feet are +3. +5% more Kick Attack chance, and +20 more Kick Attack base damage.

And we finished off our third Aeonic Weaon run. I'm now the owner of the aeonic flute, capable of playing the ultimate song, Honor March (attack, accuracy, and haste all in one song)!

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Wow! Nice Flute! Congrats on that! And on the Mastered PLD and Monk feet!

Thanks to the Ambuscades I am at the highest points I've ever been at by a factor of 2x or 3x I think - and we still have more weeks to go! I should go and spend the points for the capes I'm still missing, though there are a bunch I could make past the basics probably.

As for other stuff this weekend:

Saturday was THF day, and between the Balayang's in Fei Yin to get me to 91 and the Crab in Hennetiel for the rest of the trip, I made it to 99 without any real trouble (ok, had a few of the phantasm things aggro when I started off on the earlier crab area, but they were just xps too, albeit slower ones).

From there we did some CPing, and OMG is the new camp good. Ok, so sleeping the Frogs as a BRD is not ever going to happen, but it really didn't need to either. It's funny cause in the other area BRD felt very rushed, but with the frogs it was nice and relaxing (not that rushed can't be fun but sometimes simple is nice).

I'm psyched we managed a Difficult on Vol 1 in Ambuscade too - I think that's the first time I've ever done one at that level. I know we had Soul Voice going there, so it remains to be seen if we can repeat it but it felt doable based on the pace we set on the Normal fights.

CPing on THF after that was pretty fun too. I can't get over what that level of Haste + Triple attack looks like. Or how much TP it generates! Granted the WS's aren't hitting all that hard yet, but I've got some work I can already do to help there I think (like setting up a proper WS equipset).

Apart from that, I got to do the Summer Fest event with my wife. We danced up all of the items for Stelli and Irelle and then gave the ilvl 117 battlefield a try. Irelle's only a level 64 Monk so the fight was all on Stelli as a DNC. Turns out I could survive fine until the Ullegore's 3rd stage when he starts chain spelling Tier Vs *and* draining TP.

We went back today (yay for vacation days!) and took another try, this time with Stelli as Melee-WHM. It was a close fight, time-wise, taking 28 minutes, but WHM got the job done. Thanks to the Ebers pants, I could outheal his damage forever, and with the melee gear setup I have I was able to do just enough damage to take him down in time and get us both the 2 statues from the event.

Ubermonkey

Certainly a human
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The ambuscades were super fun. Thanks for carrying my newb ninja!

Grats on the aeonic harp, mastered pally etc.

I think capped melee attack speed causing overlapping attacks is the most satisfying thing in FFXI.

Ubermonkey

Certainly a human
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've got Voidwatch unlocked up to the end of Jueno and have killed Aello a few times. ~45 heavy metal plates. Need another 54 to sell the stack, individuals sell too slowly. Obviously no pulse weapon, I'm not that lucky :D

Also been working on getting Rieve unlocked, which is tedious.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nice! What's the end goal with Voidwatch? I haven't done much of it yet, so I'm not sure what sort of loot you can get (aside from the heavy metal plates which I know are upgrade items).

Ubermonkey

Certainly a human
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nice! What's the end goal with Voidwatch? I haven't done much of it yet, so I'm not sure what sort of loot you can get (aside from the heavy metal plates which I know are upgrade items).
Pulse weapon for upgrading the katana/metal plates. Plates are 60k each/7mil for 99 so decent bank, and Aello is pretty quick and consistent to fight with the setup I've settled on.

The fights were very quick and quite easy up to Aello (Jueno path end boss), aside from the Ifrits Cauldron NM, which is a proper Wyrm and some dragon adds, and was a cool fight.

Last edited:

Aikireikinu

Tsundere Cat
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Other things you can do, when bored, is work on the Mission storylines. They're worth it for the +10% CP for finishing, and working on them lets you progress on Rhapsodies, which opens up all sorts of bonus XP/CP, Curio Moogle to buy things from, etc.

dreamfarer

Man of Two Worlds
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I didn't have any luck last night with getting the Assassin's Armlet's from Dynamis-Xarc but I did manage to have Oboro craft up and then fully enhance a Sandung. With that + remembering to actually equip the Thief's Knife (and I suppose I could throw on the White Rarab +1 hat) Round 2 in Dynamis should hopefully go a bit better?

Before that though I'll need to visit Mr Porter Moogle and dump the relics I did pick up. I wish there was an option to have relics stored on a slip still count against the "Rare" exclusion so that I wouldn't get seconds which I can't use but I suppose it only takes a minute to sort out and toss them if I need to.

Top Bottom