[necro]Gloranthan Cult One-pagers for Runequest 6

Hkokko

Validated User
Re: Gloranthan Cult One-pagers for Runequest 6

In my previous post I presented a version of spirit societies for AiG as part of Gloranthan Cult One pagers for AiG. There were some questions in various forums that caused me to revisit the societies. Now most of the Bless spirits have aspects (skills, mechanisms etc) mentioned that what they might bless or boost. Curse spirits could use the same list. The totem animals have also been updated to provide some totem animal specific skills that bless spirits could boost.

These are the spirit abilities by rune spirit (every spirit has a rune) – some of the abilities are different from RQ6 and then there are new ones. Spirit society has spirits from the runes it holds. I have made assumption that all of those spirits are friendly. Each rune has a list of the kind of spirits it ‘handles’. Each spirit can have multiple different kind of abilities – for example curse spirits are very similar to ones from RAW. Disease spirit is similar to sickness spirit. A spirit can sometimes have multiple abilities. I am somewhat hesitant to go deeper into describing the spirits as the rulebook is meant for that.

Without rulebook it might be just possible to map the names of the spirits to similar ones in RAW. Spirits in AiG are really cool…

So we have a new version of the Glorantha One Pagers for Spirit Societies in AiG https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.co...entures-in-glorantha-take-4-spirit-societies/

AlHazred

Mad Arab-American
RPGnet Member
Validated User

I'll be happy as long as I get another copy of the cult of Kyger Litor.

*checks directory*

I'm happy!

Hkokko

Validated User

:) What would a cult list be without Kyger Litor - but tradition demands that there are more than 1. There is one in Spirit Society side and another on the cult side.

Hkokko

Validated User

Gloranthan Holy Day Calendar and Gloranthan Cult One Pagers update

There are several versions of Gloranthan Holy Day calendars floating around. Soltakks has a*nice one on his site*among lots of other useful stuff*and there*exists a beautiful Theyalan rune calendar*made by Nel - another fellow Finn.

I wanted to have a complete calendar containing all the cults. It is A3 in size :)

Gloranthan Holy Days Calendar
This*is a draft version with as many as I could find so far. There are a few cults that do not have holy days or have floating ones - those are not in here.

Cults and their Holy Days
This list contains the cult by cult their holy and high holy days.

If you want to have the pantheon holy days in addition, please take a look at Nel's calendar.

I added also the Holy Days and High Holy Days into*Gloranthan Cult One Pagers.

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/2017/05/21/gloranthan-holy-days-calendar-and-cult-one-pagers/

Hkokko

Validated User

Match Made in Heaven – Who are your Friends or Enemies – Gloranthan One Pagers meet Compatibility Chart

Glorantha has rich and diverse tradition of cults with enmities forged in times beyond Gods War and friendships made in Time. It is good to know who your cult's traditional enemies are. If you do not follow the traditions of your cult's relationships it will be that much more difficult to get ahead in the cult, not impossible but more difficult. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

The information here can make for tense moments in your party and in society in general. If your Blackfang assassin has managed to stay in good standing with your Zorak Zoran and Pavis fellow members it still might not be wise to let them know about your tight connections with Krarsht.

Cult Compendium has a great compatibility chart for finding out who your cult's friends and enemies are. Currently it has 43 cults there. I have now combined that information for those cults into easily digestible form into the Gloranthan One Pagers.

Gloranthan Cult One Pagers contains all the one pagers
More information about what the one pagers are is in here: Gloranthan Cult One Pagers.

You will of course want to follow both the cult's social guidance of who the enemies and friends (above) are and your cult's rune personality guidance to emulate your cult's god.

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.co...oranthan-one-pagers-meet-compatibility-chart/

Hkokko

Validated User

Gloranthan Cult One Pagers - New Cults

Gloranthan Cult One pagers*are an attempt to gather into a one (or two) pager format useful information about Gloranthan cults.*

I got the permission from soltakks to add a few of his versions of Gloranthan cults into this format. I modified them a bit and here*they are

Elmal
Buserian - Solar knowledge god
Daka Fal - this comes from the Cults of Prax
Barntar - Loyal Carl
Tolat (Kab Tolat Self) - Teshnan War God
Gorgorma of Two Mouths
https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/2017/06/04/gloranthan-cult-one-pagers-new-cults/

zanshin

Validated User

Thank you very much for doing this. Cults are an intrinsic part of Gloranthan Runequest for me.

Hkokko

Validated User

Gloranthan Cult One Pagers - Cult of Yara Aranis and Solar Update

Gloranthan Cult One pagers*are an attempt to gather into a one (or two) pager format useful information about Gloranthan cults.

Here is another batch of one pagers from the net. Brown book of Zzabur, Nick Effingham's site and soltakks page have been the source with updates from other material. *I modified them a bit and here*they are

Yara Aranis - Eater of Horses, a Lunar soldier god
Polaris - Solar God of the Generals, Pole Star
Oslira - First Water, Goddess of the Great River
Urvairinus - Solar Military God
Here is the*link to all the one pagers

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.co...-pagers-cult-of-yara-aranis-and-solar-update/

Hkokko

Validated User

Gloranthan Cult One Pager Pantheon Summaries

Gloranthan Cult One Pagers are an attempt to gather together in a single page (well sometimes two pages) format the main cult information. Currently there are more than 150 cults described.

Now there are summaries of all the cults associated with pantheon. The summaries are by topic. These are meant to be short hand for some key information about all pantheon's cults in a single file to be easily distributed to your players if you so like.

Pantheon Cult Catalogue
Pantheon Cult Relationships
Pantheon Cult Spell Catalogue
Pantheon Cult Personality Traits
These are stored in the pantheon directories together with Cult One Pagers.

https://notesfrompavis.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/gloranthan-cult-one-pager-pantheon-summaries/

Top Bottom