• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[necro]I think its time for a World's Worst Player Character Concepts Thread!

apparition13

Validated User
Re: I think its time for a World's Worst Player Character Concepts Thread!

AmesJainchill said:
This one wasn't bad in the beginning...but a half-orc monk that slowly switches to barbarian levels...and the player plays it as the character going crazy and becoming violently psychotic...that was not good.
It sounds like it could have been good. Must have been a problem in the execution.
Ab3 said:
All I know is I want to play Elmo the mule as my character...
Me too, that's genius,that is.

Wraithstrike

Game Creator
Validated User

In my previous homebrew superhero RPG, Landfall, I had a buddy who rolled up for a Beast class super, which meant "Furry" He also rolled insanely high on the Intelligence and Speed rolls. so...

Him- "Ok here's my character. I want him to be a minotaur. With a rail gun."
Me-(After looking over his character sheet and seeing that it was indeed possible) "OK. One super speedy, super smart Minotaur with a rail gun. Welcome to the game, Throg."

Same game different batch of players. One of them rolled low on everything, but wasn't going to let it bother him. He created a dwarfish dude with control over smoke. Freddy "Smokes" Dupleface.

Another one rolled really high on Intelligence and decided to go for temporal reversion as a power. Quite often, he'd throw something at his opponent(in one case a rusty meat hook) then revert time so the weapon was back at the arc of the throw.

Ahnirades

Dragon in the Ampersand
Validated User

Mage: The Ascension: An awakened character who didn't believe in magic, enlightened science, or any other paradigm. He had an arete score and spheres, but couldn't use them due lack of belief. The player even vetoed the possibility of subconscious coincidental magic. His character also came with a morbid fear of other willworkers, whom he refused to associate with in any capacity.

When I asked the player what he wanted his character to do in the game he said "Hang around the house. Watch videos. Avoid contact with the other pc's."

Last edited:

SocratesGoneMad

Featherless biped?
Validated User

jamesh said:
A pixie that rides a chihuahua as a mount. In AD&D. A game where a domesticated housecat can kill a 1st Level human mage.
As the proud owner of a chihuahua puppy, I like that mental image.

In a V:tM LARP I played and STed there was a Toreador who claimed to have been the true author behind the pseudonyms William Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, and Stephen King. All of this with Expression 1!

Another wanted to play a thousand year old priest who only spoke Latin who was actually a True Toreador with a discipline called Glitterism.

Then there was a Brujah known as the "Ultamate Warrior" (sic). He was from "the land of Brussels now known as England" (sic). He killed over 700 knights as a mortal over the course of two years as a mortal (come to think of it, this whole concept made me sic.)

The guy who played the last concept wanted to give him "Eiditic Memory", but asked for it as "Idiotic Memory". The other storyteller said he could definitely take the latter.

AmesJainchill

Validated User

apparition13 said:
It sounds like it could have been good. Must have been a problem in the execution.
I suppose it could have been...but the guy didn't really roleplay his character...

...he roleplayed him being bored there wasn't any combat in an investigative adventure previous to which I asked ALL nine players if they were okay with an investigative adventure...nine yes...es.

AusJeb

Dreaming One
Validated User

I had one player ask to join my Werewolf game (why do so many of these stories invovle WoD?). I went over to his apartment and worked with him to design a perfectly reasonable character.

Then, he shows up at the game with a new character. A metis with a skin condition that made the character allergic to the sun. So, the character would always wear big sun hats. The player was also really excited about using a handcuff as an improvised weapon.

He wasn't invited back.

SocratesGoneMad

Featherless biped?
Validated User

I actually feel kinda intimidated posting in this thread since this is Al Bruno after all. The Al Bruno who ran the Gamma World game with Doc Cock. :shudders:

Tennemar

Retired User

I was running Shadowrun a couple years ago, and one of my players handed me his amnesiac elven street-sam who used to work for the CIA. His name was left blank.

"What's your name?"

*thinks furiously for a moment, his face finally lighting up* "Call him... X!"

*everyone giggles*

*one of the other players in a deep voice* "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? X knows!"

We still mock him.

*edit. Oh yeah. Two-thirds of the groups ended up having amnesia.

Last edited:

Celisasu

The donuts speak to me!

A Saiyan Cyborg Ninja Wizard. :rolleyes:

I thought they were joking. Then I learned otherwise.

Top Bottom