• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[necro]Infinity RPG on the way.

johnnype

Emaciated do gooder
Validated User
I just saw this on Google+

It's based on the setting of the Infinity miniatures skirmish game.

Full details here.

Synopsis:

Modiphius Entertainment is writing it.

2d20 rules system.

Kickstarter Summer 2015.

6inTruder

Oscars are Duche!
Validated User
Re: Infinity RPG on the way.

Any word on the 2d20 system? I *just* got into Infinity so I'm very interested in this, but I'd like to know what the system has to offer.

smarttman

I do some stuff
Validated User

I've heard Infinity takes a lot of cues from X-Com, so this is for sure of interest to me

Edit: As an aside, Modiphius is killing it lately with their releases. Lots of high quality stuff in their pipelines

Last edited:

Allistor Preist

Spaghetti Monster

Hell yes!

Sure the game has some cheesy elements in the recreations of historical figures and werewolves, but it is a cyberpunk setting I would love to play in. I hope the pen and paper is as fun as the minis game.

johnnype

Emaciated do gooder
Validated User

Any word on the 2d20 system? I *just* got into Infinity so I'm very interested in this, but I'd like to know what the system has to offer.
I'm not familiar with it myself other than what it says on the Modiphius web page. Apparently it's a cinematic system developed by the company for their Mutant Chronicles RPG. You roll multiple d20's and roll under a target number. Lastly, it has some similarities to the existing Infinity rules.

Spectralent

Time for octopi
Validated User

Huh; interesting. I've kind of been vaguely interested in the miniatures game, but, wallet-eaters they are, never interested enough to take the plunge.

Durandal

Rampant Construct
Validated User

It's the same system they're using for the Mutant Chronicles reboot. I think there is a quickstart version of the Mutant Chronicles rules over on DriveThruRPG if you want to take a look.

I haven't gotten a chance to run it from the beta rules yet, but my quick skims of the rules looked promising. It is basically a d20 roll-under system but with a bit of a feel of a dice-pool game since you are usually rolling a small pool of d20's and looking to get multiple successes. The basic mechanics seemed pretty solid, should be a good medium-crunch game with a more traditional feel (though the Mutant Chronicles version does have an interesting narrative mechanic, not sure if it will show up in this version since it is representing some particular metaphysics in Mutant Chronicles).

I'll definitely be kicking in on this. The setting has some really interesting stuff going on and it will be nice to see the non-military side of things (or even just more depth on that). The market can always use another Transhuman sci-fi game, especially one with heavy Shirowpunk trappings (landmates, and boomers, and cyborgs oh my!).

I had kind of figured this was the big rumour since it had started up at the beginning of the month. It has been something the community has been wanting for a while.

Gentleman Highwayman

Validated User

The Infinity miniatures game is a love letter the Shirow Masamune and particularly Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell. (You could see the Human Sphere as Olympus, Poseidon et al... IN SPACE!!!) Infinity is a skirmish game that is often played with under 10 figures a side. And 2d20 does sound very similar to the core skirmish game system.

Pre-order for the RPG core book then a KS for additional material and RPG minis.

This on a day I bought 4 Kingdom Death minis and committed the the Heavy Gear KS.

Iain.

Last edited:

johnnype

Emaciated do gooder
Validated User

This seems like a good time to say that I'd prefer it if the RPG did not require miniatures the way the Iron Kingdoms RPG does. That made me lose all interest. Smacked too much as another way for them to just sell more minis. Please Modiphius, don't do that to me (us?).

Top Bottom