• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[necro][Maid/Eclipse Phase] Gonzo transhuman silliness in the mode of "Maid".

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Is a Maid/Eclipse Phase mashup a mad and unreasonable notion?

Probably.

I'm going to do it anyway, though. :D

Here's the fruits of about four hours of random noodling, tentatively entitled (because I suck with titles):

Eclipse Maid

This is mostly a brainstorm/criticism thread, if there's anyone out there who'd like to toss a few ideas my way. If you have any ideas for new Ego Qualities, new Morphs, new Morph Qualities - or suggestions for any of the unfinished sections, like the yet-to-be-created Posthuman Master Qualities Table - feel free to post them here. Or, y'know, if you'd just like to express shock and dismay at the whole idea, you can post that too. :p

So... whaddaya think? Am I onto something here, or just on something?

Matsci

Magical Item like these are neat. I collect them.
Validated User
Re: [Maid/Eclipse Phase] Gonzo transhuman silliness in the mode of "Maid".

It's less crazy than Man What, I'll say that....

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User

It's less crazy than Man What, I'll say that....
Oh, is this how it's going to be? Every time I take a couple of hours out of my schedule to get some non-man what-related idea out of my skull, somebody's going to pop into the thread to chide me for not spending that time working on man what instead? :p

Matsci

Magical Item like these are neat. I collect them.
Validated User

No, not at all. I like it. But you asked for crazy level comparisons, and you have to set a bar somewhere...

Eric the .5b

It's all so esoteric
Validated User

It looks keen to me, but I haven't read Maid. I may have to pick that up.

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User

It looks keen to me, but I haven't read Maid. I may have to pick that up.
It occurs to me that one potential problem with getting feedback on this particular mashup is that fans of Eclipse Phase and fans of Maid are probably almost wholly disjoint sets.

Teleute

Dean of Misanthropology
Validated User

Maid/anything is a great mash-up in my opinion (see Maidxalted). I don't know too much about Eclipse Phase but what little I know tells me it would go great with Maid. The costume rules and morphs would blend very well together. If you have both rules running paralell, you could end up with a Giant Flying Space Whale Nun! Full on gonzo transhuman ridiculousness.

Other than that encouragement, all I have to say is that I think the (44) Animal Features table should be nixed for something else and its theme made into individual morphs like Nekomimi or a Kemonomimi category of morphs similar to Uplifted Animal. But I can see how it could go either way.

David J Prokopetz

Social Justice Henchman
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Other than that encouragement, all I have to say is that I think the (44) Animal Features table should be nixed for something else and its theme made into individual morphs like Nekomimi or a Kemonomimi category of morphs similar to Uplifted Animal. But I can see how it could go either way.
Mostly, I just wanted the possibility of gluing random cat ears onto any other morph. A giant space whale with cat ears? Why not?

mindstalk

Does the math.
Validated User

I was thinking you could just use the core rules, concentrating on robotic or other thematic maids, as enhanced beings, but your rules seem interesting.

The bit about protecting the physical body of a distracted posthuman made me think of Nobilis, too. Maidbilis?

Never actually played Maid; I like some of the ideas, not sure I'd be comfortable with the default playstyle in a normal group. Silliness + the idea of servants/defenders in a place gets me more.

spittingimage

hawwwk-ptui
Validated User

...so that's what the moment when someone finally snaps looks like from the outside.

Strangely arousing, actually.

(Actually, I think it's a brilliant idea. I love game mashups. Yours is written well, too.)

Top Bottom