[necro]Modiphius' Conan RPG (where I ask about updates and such)

Ashigaru

Registered Yojimbo
Validated User
I seem to recall discussion on the Google+ Conan group of plans to allow Kickstarter backers to tie their purchase to their DTRPG account, so they could redownload books from there. Did anything ever come of this?

swammeyjoe

Validated User
I seem to recall discussion on the Google+ Conan group of plans to allow Kickstarter backers to tie their purchase to their DTRPG account, so they could redownload books from there. Did anything ever come of this?
They did it, at least if you had at least the PDF Master collection. I don't remember exactly what process they used, bit i have different emails on the accounts for KS, Pledgemanager, and DriveThru and it still worked.

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
So the situation as explained by Modiphius is that the additional shipping is required to just get the remainder of the books that I ordered at the very end of the process (and not a the three waves I ordered). If I want three waves, I will need to pay additional shipping on top of that, which would mean I would have to pay double what Modphius estimated in the KS.

What annoys me is that I went out of my way to double check the shipping cost with Modiphius by email when I made the order and none of this was explained at that time. Had I known the full cost, this could well have convinced me not to pledge for the Hoard at the time. At the very least I would not have spent extra to get shipment of the first wave to then have to wait for years before getting the rest of the books.

On top of all of that, there has still been no update explaining the change in shipment waves or why Modiphius shipping estimates have been blown out by 100%.

So, yeah. The product produced by the KS is good, but the KS itself is not. I am now much more concerned about the fact that Modiphius have not committed to what they are going to do about the print subscriptions, given that the two years will have run our before wave 3 sees the light of day.

swammeyjoe

Validated User
So the situation as explained by Modiphius is that the additional shipping is required to just get the remainder of the books that I ordered at the very end of the process (and not a the three waves I ordered). If I want three waves, I will need to pay additional shipping on top of that, which would mean I would have to pay double what Modphius estimated in the KS.

What annoys me is that I went out of my way to double check the shipping cost with Modiphius by email when I made the order and none of this was explained at that time. Had I known the full cost, this could well have convinced me not to pledge for the Hoard at the time. At the very least I would not have spent extra to get shipment of the first wave to then have to wait for years before getting the rest of the books.

On top of all of that, there has still been no update explaining the change in shipment waves or why Modiphius shipping estimates have been blown out by 100%.

So, yeah. The product produced by the KS is good, but the KS itself is not. I am now much more concerned about the fact that Modiphius have not committed to what they are going to do about the print subscriptions, given that the two years will have run our before wave 3 sees the light of day.
Did you pick 1 wave and now they're gonna ship it in two with an extra fee? Or 3 now into 4 waves?

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
I ordered three waves. Almost 2 years later I was charged extra and told that they had moved it to 2 waves only. It was only when I pressed by email was I told that if I wanted to go back to 3 waves then I needed to pay a second additional amount, bring the total cost to double the estimated one.

Despite asking twice by email I could not get a clear answer as to whether the balance of wave 2 is now a separate wave or combined with wave 3. I don't think the support team know what is happening in that regard and avoided answering it.

TBH it sound like Modiphius have been spooked by Brexit and is trying to ship what it can before it hits. I am not sure though as there has been no update or email announcement regarding the sudden changes.

swammeyjoe

Validated User
I ordered three waves. Almost 2 years later I was charged extra and told that they had moved it to 2 waves only. It was only when I pressed by email was I told that if I wanted to go back to 3 waves then I needed to pay a second additional amount, bring the total cost to double the estimated one.

Despite asking twice by email I could not get a clear answer as to whether the balance of wave 2 is now a separate wave or combined with wave 3. I don't think the support team know what is happening in that regard and avoided answering it.

TBH it sound like Modiphius have been spooked by Brexit and is trying to ship what it can before it hits. I am not sure though as there has been no update or email announcement regarding the sudden changes.
If you ordered three waves originally, shouldn't you have already gotten Wave 1 in Fall 2017? So you'd have two waves left and I think they're offering a third shipment if you want the first half of Wave 2 early. I've seen no indication they've removed a Wave.

Skywalker

Back Off the Buddha!
Validated User
That's not the case swammeyjoe. I was careful to get explicit confirmation from Modiphius.

I received wave 1 last year. I have then been charged more shipping and my waves were reduced from 3 to 2 without any notification. It was only when I pressed was I informed that if I want to move back to 3 waves then I need to pay another (2nd) 36 pounds on top of the original shipping and the additional shipping.

There is no indication as to whether the balance of wave 2 will be a separate wave or combined with wave 3. As said, I asked twice and did not get an answer either time. It seems other backers are suspecting the same thing, especially as this has been done without any update. If you recall wave 2 was unilaterally made bigger by Modiphius a while back and so wave 3 is now small (3 or so books IIRC). So, combining the two makes some sense in balancing out the waves.

Fortunately, Modiphius support did confirm that wave 3 will be out by May-June :D May-June 2020 maybe :unsure:

swammeyjoe

Validated User
That's not the case swammeyjoe. I was careful to get explicit confirmation from Modiphius.

I received wave 1 last year. I have then been charged more shipping and my waves were reduced from 3 to 2 without any notification. It was only when I pressed was I informed that if I want to move back to 3 waves then I need to pay another (2nd) 36 pounds on top of the original shipping and the additional shipping.

There is no indication as to whether the balance of wave 2 will be a separate wave or combined with wave 3. As said, I asked twice and did not get an answer either time. It seems other backers are suspecting the same thing, especially as this has been done without any update. If you recall wave 2 was unilaterally made bigger by Modiphius a while back and so wave 3 is now small (3 or so books IIRC). So, combining the two makes some sense in balancing out the waves.

Fortunately, Modiphius support did confirm that wave 3 will be out by May-June :D May-June 2020 maybe :unsure:
Wave 2 has been all the remaining "Conan the [BLANK]" books plus Nameless Cults, the enemies book and the locations book for as long as I can remember.

I haven't heard of anyone else having their Waves lowered from 3 to 2 and being forced to pay for more shipping. When did this happen?

FWIW, I was a PDF Master backer who bought print copies of a bunch of Wave 2 books via PledgeManager after the fact. Paid iirc 30GBP for shipping for 8 Wave 2 books and haven't heard a peep since. I expect them whenever they're all done.

Top Bottom