Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnusth

Validated User
So, just in case this has gone over people's heads, Martin Ericsson, lead storyteller of WW, has hired Zak Smith as the author of their "Vampire Preludes" steam and mobile game. For the record, Zak Smith is a well known harasser, and has, among others, sicced his fanbase on David Hill, of 'lead developer of chronicles of darkness and changeling second edition' fame, Avery Alder, of Monsterhearts fame, and a bunch more i won't mention because there's a real chance that mentioning more people could lead to them getting death threats. Again. He's also named the litterally predatory transwoman who sexually assults and kills people in the new Vampire game after Avery Alder, a real life transwoman.
WW, of course, is claiming that all of his harassment never happened. Despite the fact that David hill and other of Zak's targets have litterally worked for and with whitewolf and helped developed some of their major properties.

You can find a fairly comprehensive list of accounts and evidence here:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/114866807979873380367/posts/SbKuHb1thS4

And whitewolf's denial is at the bottom of this page:
https://blog.white-wolf.com/2017/02/17/a-howl-for-our-bloody-writer-artists/

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Re: Whitewolf Hires Zak Sabbath and Denies Harassment.

Despite the fact that David hill and other of Zak's targets have litterally worked for and with whitewolf and helped developed some of their major properties.
Would just like to clarify that they haven't actually worked for this incarnation of WW, which is a wholly separate thing from either the previous incarnation of WW (either as a separate entity or during the CCP days) or Onyx Path Publishing.

But anyway, this is is... distressing & mostly reinforcing the general vibe I've been getting from nu-WW. Because even if Zak S had not did all the horrible things he has done (which he did do), I still would have a negative opinion of him (from his time around here & such) & want his brand of "edginess" expressing itself in V:tM / WW stuff (let alone what it means about going for him over the people in OPP & other established WW writers he has repeatedly clashed with).

Yora

Validated User

Seriously? Visiting a forum you haven't been to for a year just for the pupose of starting a thread to get people on your outrage train?

Regardless of who you want to rant about, this doesn't feel like an attempt to solve conflicts.

This isn't even news or anything. It's just "Hey, there's this guy I want you to hate on."

Last edited:

Sphinx of Black Quartz

Huggable Space Caterpillar
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Seriously? Visiting a forum you haven't been to for a year just for the pupose of starting a thread to get people on your outrage train?

Regardless of who you want to rant about, this doesn't feel like an attempt to solve conflicts.

This isn't even news or anything. It's just "Hey, there's this guy I want you to hate on."
Please do not accuse others of "starting a thread to get people on your outrage train". If you feel a thread is inappropriate, report it. This is a warning.

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Zak has targeted multiple friends of mine, driven a transgender game designer out of the hobby while using her old name and making slurs about her appearance, and impersonated Shannon for a year. Here's an account from David Hill about the severe harassment he's gotten.

This is probably stupid. But whatever.

I want to clarify here, because I think it's important: He didn't threaten my children, that I'm aware of. The phone call that I received came from a cheap prepaid phone purchased in the city he lives, but millions do. The phone call directly referenced him, and things he's specifically obsessed with. Around that time, I received an email rerouted through the United Arab Emirates which featured a photo of my child's school and a number of very specific threats. I don't know who did that, but it referenced things he's said about me which were not true, and at the time, he lived some 20~ minutes from me.

I know every time he brings me up, because I tend to wake up to a stream of threats and very disturbing anonymous messages.

I don't know how much of this is done directly. I know he's told his fans to "destroy" people and "get at them" before. This is all well-documented - and I'm really, really tired of trying to validate my abuse. And, once it came out how his fans were threatening my kids, he put up a sarcastic, joking post to his fans telling them to stop threatening my children. I'll note, he told them to stop threatening my children. Which as far as I'm concerned is a direct admission that he endorses the attacks against me. Just not my kids.

For the past seven or so years, he's screenshotted and saved everything I say online, even things I've said in private groups, in spite of thorough blocks. I've had to aggressively block people suspected of being his sock puppets. At one time, a friend of mine being harassed by him actually had an associate who is a plagiarism expert identify a few of his sock puppet accounts who write exactly like him.

And right now, he's very, very obviously impersonating a member of the RPG community, a mod on RPG net. He's been impersonating this RPG net mod for over a year, constantly talking himself up. He's slipped up in a way that makes it painfully transparent (he first posted under the false account on Reddit, referencing Zak as "I" from the impersonating account. Then, almost immediately, he deleted the impersonating post. He reposted the exact same thing under his personal account. When called on it, he said it wasn't him and it didn't happen. When logs were shown, his story changed and now he's saying it isn't him, but someone that shares a computer with him, who has been impersonating this community figure for over a year to defend him and talk him up. And who writes with an almost laughably similar style to him.

As well, in his most recent game, he named a murderous trans vampire who asks people about social justice issues, and murders them if they answer insufficiently, after a noted trans RPG developer who his fans have hounded and harassed before. Why did they harass and hound her? Because during her last Kickstarter, she removed a stretch goal by someone who went on the limb defending his harassment campaigns.

I think the idea that I can "talk out my issues in a mature way" is actually a thing I can do here. My issue is that he stalks me. He saves everything I say online. His fans threaten me and my family. I have tried for the better part of a decade to get him to leave me the fuck alone, but he absolutely under no circumstances will not. This isn't some thing where I can sit down with a cup of tea and meet him half way. And it's not just about me. He's abused a number of figures in the RPG community. He's currently impersonating someone who banned him on a role playing game forum. Let that sink in for a second. FOR OVER A YEAR, HE'S IMPERSONATED SOMEONE WHO BANNED HIM ON A PRETENDY FUN TIME GAME FORUM. This is not some rational disagreement. He's a stalker. He's an abuser. I'm not going to kindly ask him to pretty please stop abusing me and everyone else he's abusing. Because I have before. It didn't work. It won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom