• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Need a cool name for my WIP

KorbohneD

Validated User
Joho Guys,

Quick checkin in. Half decided to make my homebrew rules into something resembling a real system.
But I don't want to keep naming all the folders "WIP" or "Homebrew-Project" so I need a name.
Sadly, I am not a nativ english speaker, and thus it's pretty hard to come up with a good sounding name.

The basic thing I want to convey is, that you mostly play commoners. Everyday people, who worked their normal jobs in the past, who were fisherpeople, woodworkers, smiths and so on.
Then one day, something happend and they got yanked out of their comfort zone and got dragged into adventuring.
So you basically play former peasants and you have to use your peasant skills to overcome all the things the DM throws at you.
Oh and magic is also very rare, up to almost non existant, if that is an important titbit.

What I came up with:
- The Common Ways
- A Hard Life
- Pitchfork & Broom (Which definitely doesn't sound quite as catchy as Sword&Sorcery)
- Living the Dream
- The Life of a Peasant
- Born to Die
- Rising from the Ground

All of those do not really sound good in my ears and some don't read very well.
But I am very eager to hear your takes on this.

Harlan Quinn

Mild Mannered Reporter
Validated User
Well, if you change Endure to Enduring you could combine it with other words like:

Enduring Change
Enduring Hero
Enduring Metamorphosis

kenco

Validated User
Joho Guys,

Quick checkin in. Half decided to make my homebrew rules into something resembling a real system.
But I don't want to keep naming all the folders "WIP" or "Homebrew-Project" so I need a name.
Sadly, I am not a nativ english speaker, and thus it's pretty hard to come up with a good sounding name.

The basic thing I want to convey is, that you mostly play commoners. Everyday people, who worked their normal jobs in the past, who were fisherpeople, woodworkers, smiths and so on.
Then one day, something happend and they got yanked out of their comfort zone and got dragged into adventuring.
So you basically play former peasants and you have to use your peasant skills to overcome all the things the DM throws at you.
Oh and magic is also very rare, up to almost non existant, if that is an important titbit.

What I came up with:
- The Common Ways
- A Hard Life
- Pitchfork & Broom (Which definitely doesn't sound quite as catchy as Sword&Sorcery)
- Living the Dream
- The Life of a Peasant
- Born to Die
- Rising from the Ground

All of those do not really sound good in my ears and some don't read very well.
But I am very eager to hear your takes on this.
Can you give us a little more information?

What is the scope of the game? Is it all about peasants surviving (or failing to survive) catastrophe? Or is it about the rise of lucky/ skilful rare individuals to great social heights? Or about slaying dragons?

What kinds of situations does the GM introduce? Natural disasters? Invading armies? A con man visits town? An unplanned pregnancy? Crop yields are low? Can't meet rent payments? Dragon invades the county? Miller is defrauding peasants? PCs are haunted by a dead ancestor? Raiders enslave half the village? Sectarian controversy in the village?

I'm trying to get a handle on how violent/ fantastic, scale etc.

What is the tone? Is it comic? A parody of D&D? Noir? Tragic?

What kind of society is it set in?

Is it a game for one PC or a 'party', or... what?

A few rough thoughts are:

- Salt of the Earth
- Commoners
- The Common
- Tales of the Common
- Folk Tales
- Red Earth (or Black Earth)
- Empty Handed (Bare Hands)

Also: Have you seen HQRP?

Top Bottom