• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Netflix] Stranger Things 3 Episodes 7-8 and General Spoiler Thread for Full Series

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
Ok so this show is officially the dorkiest fucking thing on TV.

Anima

Validated User
Best thing about the final two episodes was definitely Robin being a lesbian. There are just too few of us.
Otherwise this time it left me pretty cold. This didn't have the creepiness of the first season finale or the suspense of the second seasons.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Ok. I’m pretty sick right now, but that was some crazy shit, right? I mean... again, maybe it’s sinus infection, but I did just see Big Jim Hopper cosplaying as Magnum PI, fighting a bunch of Russians, and the Terminator, right? A giant Russian science base built under a mall in Indiana? Invasion of the body snatchers meets the thing vs the Goonies?

I’m worried people won’t like this season because of how (admittedly) goofy the Russian angle was, and the overall lighter tone in general- but I freaking loved this. There was so much time to live and breathe with the characters, which is weird cause it also felt like the shortest season yet.

And Season 4 better be The Search for Hop. That said, I doubt he’s “the American”. I think the American is probably 11’s “papa”, and Hop jumped through the hole in the world. Then again, we didn’t see any Russians captured at the end, so they could have taken Hop with them I suppose. And if “Papa” isn’t the guy in the cell... then he is definitely Suzie’s father, right? :)

Bellerophon

Unvincible
Validated User
Loved it. Very melancholic and I was super sad at seeing the kids grow up, but thematically this was childhood's end.

I kinda hope they stop with 4 before it goes too far. My one regret is that they didn't pull the trigger on Will being gay; everyone is getting paired up, this would've been the time to address it.

randlathor66

Validated User
Best thing about the final two episodes was definitely Robin being a lesbian. There are just too few of us.
Otherwise this time it left me pretty cold. This didn't have the creepiness of the first season finale or the suspense of the second seasons.
Man, not until Steve was saying his stuff there, and she dropped her head did I think they were going there, but as I look back it seems all too "No shit Sherlock." As for the finale, I was hoping to see Hopper in The Upside Down, or have El after she just read the note have a flash of him. Something like that. Or they could have gone for a full-on "Holy Crap" ending and have Hopper come in as everyone is doing whatever, saying something about how its not over.
Ok. I’m pretty sick right now, but that was some crazy shit, right? I mean... again, maybe it’s sinus infection, but I did just see Big Jim Hopper cosplaying as Magnum PI, fighting a bunch of Russians, and the Terminator, right? A giant Russian science base built under a mall in Indiana? Invasion of the body snatchers meets the thing vs the Goonies?
That is very likely the best description of it, by far. Yup, it was totally that.
I’m worried people won’t like this season because of how (admittedly) goofy the Russian angle was, and the overall lighter tone in general- but I freaking loved this. There was so much time to live and breathe with the characters, which is weird cause it also felt like the shortest season yet.
See, with all the gooey body dissolving I thought it was both more gross and darker in tone. (Really, all the bright 80s stuff seemed perfect to contrast the increased nastiness of the Mind Flayer and the Flayed.
And Season 4 better be The Search for Hop. That said, I doubt he’s “the American”. I think the American is probably 11’s “papa”, and Hop jumped through the hole in the world. Then again, we didn’t see any Russians captured at the end, so they could have taken Hop with them I suppose. And if “Papa” isn’t the guy in the cell... then he is definitely Suzie’s father, right? :)
Yeah, I don't know if I want to assume he is the "American" either, but I don't think it will have anything to do with Suzie. Who he is will have to dealt with next season. (Unlike Bellerophon below, I do not want this to be the last season.)
I kinda hope they stop with 4 before it goes too far. My one regret is that they didn't pull the trigger on Will being gay; everyone is getting paired up, this would've been the time to address it.
As I just said: Nope, nope, oh and nope. They have been able to keep each season awesome, so I will trust them to continue to do so. As for Will being gay, I guess they didn't want to "overdo it." I would have been fine if they did go that route (and they may still), but they probably just thought it wasn't needed.

I do love how Steve handled Robin coming out to him; way more mature than probably 90%+ of guys his age at that time. Looks like he got a new best friend (other than Dustin, of course).

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
I do love how Steve handled Robin coming out to him; way more mature than probably 90%+ of guys his age at that time. Looks like he got a new best friend (other than Dustin, of course).
It might just be the raw charisma of the actor but seriously how does Steve continue to evolve into being dangerously close to Second Best Pony.

(Best Pony is Dustin and I will fight anyone who says otherwise)

I mean, not that I want to make Robin a prop for Steve's maturation, because Robin is a fantastic character who brings a lot to the show and i love her, and a strong theme for the season is "dudes, girls are their own people with their own agency and the sooner you recognise that the better," but Steve is kinda not a terrible role model for young men.

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
Also, I kinda love that the series premiered on July 4 and ends with our heroes throwing fireworks at the gribbly, almost as if they're beating it up with the physical manifestation of 'murica

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Finished watching this morning and I have enjoyed it. First time I've ever really binged on a series.

I thought this was interesting with the transition of the kids into teenagers and the character development particularly with Steve.

Got a setup there for season 4 which has to be The search for Hop.

Hodden

The Great
Validated User
My one disappointment is that we didn't get a fight between Terminatorski and Flayed-Billy in all his Swayzesque glory.

Top Bottom