• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Netflix] Stranger Things 3 Episodes 7-8 and General Spoiler Thread for Full Series

EvilSchemer

Well, I never!
Validated User
Prediction for Season 4.

Paul Reiser visits Joyce in her new city. She's working at some hum-drum retail job. She hates it. Paul is accompanied by a clean cut Marine lieutenant.

He says they've figured out what the Russians were doing with the Gate. They were trying to open a gate to the Upside Down through which they could launch an invasion force - enter the Upside Down from Russia, exit in Indiana. The Russians have even managed to establish a military base INSIDE THE UPSIDE DOWN! Now the Russians are looking for some very important MacGuffin thing within the Upside Down.

Since she's been there, the US Military would like to hire her as a consultant. They have built a new gate in (INSERT CITY HERE) and are sending a Marine strike team into the Upside Down to find the thing before the Russians do and they want her to accompany them as a guide.

They would also gather the kids together at the Marine base - strictly for interviews and consultation of course on how to defeat the monsters in the Upside Down - queue hilarious training scenes of 16 year old kids teaching US Marines how to fight.

She says no, at first. But her nightmares persist, so she calls Paul Reiser back in the middle of the night:
JOYCE
Owens, just tell me one thing. That you're going out there to stop the Russians. Not study. Not bring anything back. And when we get back, we close the gate.. ..forever.

DR. OWENS
That's the plan. My word on it.

CLOSEUP - JOYCE taking a deep slow breath. It's time
to look the demon in the eye.

JOYCE
All right. I'm in.

She hangs up before Owens replies, before she can
change her mind. She turns to her kids sitting on the
bed and her tone becomes admonishing...

JOYCE
And you my dears, are staying
right here.

They go in, find out the Russians found Hopper in the Upside Down and are holding him prisoner, mount an rescue operation. Of course there's a handsome Hicks equivalent who becomes a romantic rival to Hopper but he's committed to saving Hopper nonetheless. While in the Upside Down, they discover more about what happened to this world and how the Mind Flayer destroyed it.

Unfortunately, while the gate is open, creatures slip through the gate and overrun the Marine base where the kids are, and they have to survive until Joyce and the others can return with Hopper and the marines.

The whole thing ends with setting off a nuclear bomb in the upside down because why not?

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Watched the show a second time, and I now know what scene I want to see: I want to see Paul Riser on the the phone telling the army it’s got to get the boys together and get down to the mall. :ROFLMAO:

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Prediction for Season 4.

Paul Reiser visits Joyce in her new city. She's working at some hum-drum retail job. She hates it. Paul is accompanied by a clean cut Marine lieutenant.

He says they've figured out what the Russians were doing with the Gate. They were trying to open a gate to the Upside Down through which they could launch an invasion force - enter the Upside Down from Russia, exit in Indiana. The Russians have even managed to establish a military base INSIDE THE UPSIDE DOWN! Now the Russians are looking for some very important MacGuffin thing within the Upside Down.

Since she's been there, the US Military would like to hire her as a consultant. They have built a new gate in (INSERT CITY HERE) and are sending a Marine strike team into the Upside Down to find the thing before the Russians do and they want her to accompany them as a guide.

They would also gather the kids together at the Marine base - strictly for interviews and consultation of course on how to defeat the monsters in the Upside Down - queue hilarious training scenes of 16 year old kids teaching US Marines how to fight.

She says no, at first. But her nightmares persist, so she calls Paul Reiser back in the middle of the night:
JOYCE
Owens, just tell me one thing. That you're going out there to stop the Russians. Not study. Not bring anything back. And when we get back, we close the gate.. ..forever.

DR. OWENS
That's the plan. My word on it.

CLOSEUP - JOYCE taking a deep slow breath. It's time
to look the demon in the eye.

JOYCE
All right. I'm in.

She hangs up before Owens replies, before she can
change her mind. She turns to her kids sitting on the
bed and her tone becomes admonishing...

JOYCE
And you my dears, are staying
right here.

They go in, find out the Russians found Hopper in the Upside Down and are holding him prisoner, mount an rescue operation. Of course there's a handsome Hicks equivalent who becomes a romantic rival to Hopper but he's committed to saving Hopper nonetheless. While in the Upside Down, they discover more about what happened to this world and how the Mind Flayer destroyed it.

Unfortunately, while the gate is open, creatures slip through the gate and overrun the Marine base where the kids are, and they have to survive until Joyce and the others can return with Hopper and the marines.

The whole thing ends with setting off a nuclear bomb in the upside down because why not?
Well they’ve riffed off everything else. It could well be time for Aliens.

EvilSchemer

Well, I never!
Validated User
There were some pretty explicit visual and story allusions to Aliens in Season 2, Paul Reiser being chief among them. I would just like to see a team of marines on a mission in the Upside Down and some more clues about what happened there.

sartana

Validated User
I clapped when Dustin gave Erica the box of D&D books and her look of "touche, nerd".

Not just because it was a perfect moment, which it was, but also because it was PERFECT real world marketing for WotC!

What better way to open the door to wider target demographics than to make a literal case to young female person of color that if you like My Little Pony (by Hasbro), then you'd like Dungeons and Dragons (also by Hasbro).

My post sounds cynical but it's not. I think it's genius. Representation matters and I sincerely hope we get an entirely new influx of young female persons of color into our hobby as a result of this.
I think that was great too. Inspire not only young people, but young women and people of color. Anyone can play.

The character would be a great GM given how sharp she is.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
I think that was great too. Inspire not only young people, but young women and people of color. Anyone can play.

The character would be a great GM given how sharp she is.
True, though she’s got a bit too much of the Gotcha! Instinct. She would happily design the room composed entirely of creatures that would kill you. And/or be a terrible munchkin.

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
If they keep following the chronology, the next season would be 1986, which is the right year for Aliens.

My totally unfounded Season 4 theory: Hopper didn't just get zapped to Russia. He got zapped to Russia in the past. So that's not a new Demogorgon we see in the mid-credits sequence, it's the same one from Season 1, only before Eleven has run into it.

Of course, the age/growth of the kids makes it almost impossibly impractical to pull off a time travel story, unless we go WAY back to Hopper and Joyce's youth.

Kastor Krieg

Harano
Validated User
OK, now it all clicked.

Paul Reiser.
Green Goop.
A slightly smaller Demogorgon in captivity in a facility ran by Main Bad Guys, with the insinuation that there are more of them.
The same creature was the Main Monster in the first installment. Now there will be a hive of those same creatures.
Next year in-setting is 1986, the premiere of Aliens.

I'm calling it now - STRANGER THINGS SEASON 4 IS A BUG HUNT!!! 🤯

Top Bottom