[Netflix] The Dragon Prince Book 2: Sky (Discussion Thread)

Matchstick

Validated User
New season dropped today. Nine episodes.

D
I
S
C
U
S
S
!

I'm waiting to binge the season with a friend of mine tomorrow, but I did watch the opening scene. That was pretty awesome.

That Other Guy

Validated User
Spoiler: Show
So Callum gets his first levels of Storm Sorcerer
Ezran is rolling Druid
Claudia continues her training as a Necromancer
And Viren is getting some levels of Warlock

Karanov

GAIA subsystem
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just watched episode 6. I'm not crying... you're crying! Shut up I'm watching cartoons!

Also, I'm pretty sure Callum and Ezran's mother is still alive.

NobodyImportant

Validated User
I was gonna binge the first two seasons this weekend, but after seeing certain comments I’ve gotta ask something:

Did they bury their gays? Did they seriously, unironically, in the year of our lord 2018 bury their goddamn gays? Is that an actual thing that actually happened?

Karanov

GAIA subsystem
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They had a lesbian couple heroically sacrifice themselves so that tens of thousands of people could live. And they showed how their daughter is still struggling with this loss. Also, just as with Callum and Ezran's mother, their fate is... well... told by an unreliable narrator.

Last edited:

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Just watched episode 6. I'm not crying... you're crying! Shut up I'm watching cartoons!

Also, I'm pretty sure Callum and Ezran's mother is still alive.
Yes. Yes to everything. Every once in a while I worry this show is going off the rails into “too silly town”, but then they go and pull something like that. Damn, this show’s good.

Also: unconnected to Episode 6 (or anything after, as that’s as far as I’ve gotten): I love Claudia so much. And, for that matter, badass Not Leanna Mormont.

swordsman1612

Ring Slinger wannabe.
Validated User
Man, Soren's just a dumb sack of bricks! I... kinda wish Claudia hadn't killed a deer to heal him. He tried to kill a child and then endangered an entire town. He can take a long walk along a short plank.

Any bets on Callum picking up other Primal Sources? We saw Mirror elf using several, so it is possible.

Speaking of Mirror elf... is he a Sky Elf? Other than Sun Elves and Moon Elves, do we know of any other kinds of elf? Presumably one kind per Primal Source, right?

Brawndo

Murder Time Fun Time!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Sky Elves (I don't know if that's what they're called) have lighter blue skin and wings (or possibly winged cloaks). Both a sky elf and some kind of star elf (which appears to be what Aaravos is) appear briefly in the very first episode, during the history at the beginning.

According to an AMA on Reddit with the writers, there are also earth and sea elves that we haven't seen yet.

Bruder_Wen

The Cunning Geek
RPGnet Member
Validated User
One thing that did slightly confuse me Anya's mothers, how? It didn't seem she was the daughter of just one of the queens, she had the lighter skin tone of one and the yellow eyes of the other. In most fantasy settings the answer would be magic, but other than black magic humans don't have any.

Top Bottom