[Netflix] The Dragon Prince Book 2: Sky (Discussion Thread)

shikomekidomi

Validated User
It seems weird to argue dark magic is benign when one of the three humans we see using it owns a butterfly terrarium so he doesn't wonder around looking like a Sith Lord, his daughter just turned a lock of her hair white using the stuff, and Callum put himself in a comma casting one spell.
That's purely an argument that it's hazardous to the user, not that it's morally wrong.

Rainfall

Validated User
That's purely an argument that it's hazardous to the user, not that it's morally wrong.
Oh no it's not that it's corrupting you chi or anything of the sort, it's that the transfer ain't perfect. The magic doesn't just transfer a deer's life energy on a one for one basis, it takes a bit of you in the process. Killing a bug to light candles is negligible. If you know what you're doing. Doing something like transfering a guy's soul is going to leave you blue and lesser than you once were.

This is bad enough, but the REAL trap is that it's amazingly easy and will play with anyone's sunk cost fallacy. Something that will sink it's hooks into someone like Varen something fierce.

... You know, if I were an elf designing a magic system to trap humans that's pretty much exactly what I'd do.

Rainfall

Validated User
You'd probably prefer something that doesn't make all your students give you a creepy look.
If they have trouble looking up information on you? That may not be much of a problem. :p

Seriously, that was a neat little trick. I do love Varen's storyline so much.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Seriously, that was a neat little trick. I do love Varen's storyline so much.
IMO, that not something Aaravos did. It's something that was done to him.
Basically, they locked him, threw away the key and employed the two most powerful dragons as his wardens.

Save-vs-DM

Knight of Stumptown
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Basically, they locked him, threw away the key and employed the two most powerful dragons as his wardens.
Which totally means that he’s going to escape at the worst time and our heroes are going to have to unite the kingdoms and defeat him once and for all.

Which I look forward to seeing.

Rainfall

Validated User
Oh no, I was talking about the text-scrambling thing. I was wondering if it was the little ritual Varen and Aaravos shared that did it... Or of it was something common to all dark mages. Varen may be an arrogant prick, but he's a learned and curious individual. It's weird that he doesn't know the name, especially considering Harrow did.

Just idle speculation, I'm not too serious about it.

We should get more of the Zadia point of view next season, which I'm very curious to see. The humans are missing a LOT of information.

Which totally means that he’s going to escape at the worst time and our heroes are going to have to unite the kingdoms and defeat him once and for all.

Which I look forward to seeing.
And then there was finally peace forever after the old enemies united to beat up the common enemy. I'm sure that exactly how it's going to play out. :p

Last edited:

Rainfall

Validated User
Point of Order:I think it's Xadia not Zadia?
I'm francophone, I'm allowed to mishear! Xadia, Zadia, Xzadia... Sounds all the same to me. It's that place across the river of lava with all the elves and unicorns and very mean dragons. :p

That said, you're most probably right. Looks more right spelled with an X.

Top Bottom