[Netflix] The Dragon Prince Book 2: Sky (Discussion Thread)

That Other Guy

Validated User
So I gathered that Ezran's power comes from the same place as the blind sailor's - an intuitive understanding of something "other". For the sailor, it's of the winds as he connects to them, but for ezran, it's animals due to his natural empathy. He connects with other living beings in a deep and intimate level, and that's only going to grow stronger.

One thing I think may be explored in the series is that humans having this connection to the primal forces isn't as rare as we are initially lead to believe, and far from the "impossible" that the elves believe. It's just that most of the time it's far more subtle than the connection elves and magical creatures have, so it takes more for humans to harness it in particular ways (particularly beyond the sensory). and it's not as intense.

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
Something interesting is that the books Varen looks in to find out about Aravos aren't just gibberish before they blur. One is a page written in Danish and another is a poem in Arabic, translated well
Spoiler: Show
they suggest Aravos has been doing this for a long time and is the force behind teaching humanity Dark Magic to begin with, as the Danish translation involves a human writing about how Aravos treats them with respect unlike other elves and is teaching him something that will change the course of human history and the Arabic poem is about a girl fleeing from a dragon who is found by Aravos and taught Dark Magic to empower her.

-Naxuul

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Something interesting is that the books Varen looks in to find out about Aravos aren't just gibberish before they blur. One is a page written in Danish and another is a poem in Arabic, translated well
they suggest Aravos has been doing this for a long time and is the force behind teaching humanity Dark Magic to begin with, as the Danish translation involves a human writing about how Aravos treats them with respect unlike other elves and is teaching him something that will change the course of human history and the Arabic poem is about a girl fleeing from a dragon who is found by Aravos and taught Dark Magic to empower her.

-Naxuul
I kinda suspected that, so it doesn't really shock me.
And look he found a new willing catspaw.

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User

-Naxuul
The unexpected thing for me is that this is set in a world that has Danish and Arabic in it. I had assumed this was a pure fantasy world, but now I guess it's some degree of historical?

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The unexpected thing for me is that this is set in a world that has Danish and Arabic in it. I had assumed this was a pure fantasy world, but now I guess it's some degree of historical?
I would put much tough in to it.
It most probably a more meingiful version of Lorem Ipsum with bonus for non-rglish or multi-ligual veiwer.
A bit of tease.

shikomekidomi

Validated User
I wouldn't take that as hard evidence any more than the characters speaking English. It's probably just translation convention.

LordofArcana

Validated User
I kinda suspected that, so it doesn't really shock me.
And look he found a new willing catspaw.
I'm just curious what his motivation is. He is way too secretive here to be altruistically inclined towards humans and if someone says not to trust them, then that's a really good sign that you shouldn't. At the same time his actions seem to have had significant negative effects on his life and he has had plenty of time to reconsider and yet he hasn't.

Seroster

Miw!
Validated User
Wow, the level that fans will go to! Also, very cool :)

Top Bottom