[Netflix] The Dragon Prince Book 2: Sky (Discussion Thread)

Rainfall

Validated User
Yeah makes sense, feel dumb having forgotten that obvious point, still seems at odds with what we know about Harren's nature since he had to have known that the blowback wouldn't have been worth it, would like to see more background than that. Guess we didn't see him in full-blown vengeful grief mode.
Normally, he was not THAT guy. But Arrow at this point wasn't a rational actor. His wife was dead, which on top of his grief robbed him of his most reasonable advisor.

By the time he woke up and found out his vengeance didn't make him feel any better? And found out that the Dragon King's son had been killed on top of that?... Well, no wonder he's quite resigned to his fate when the Moonshadow elves showed up. :(

Naxuul

Emo hair power!
Validated User
My bet on why they killed the Storm King: Viren convinced Harrow he could bring back the dead using parts of the Storm King. Either it outright failed or failed in less pleasant ways. It would explain the early interactions between the two pretty well, especially Harrow's reaction to the offer of a dark magic solution.

-Naxuul

Rainfall

Validated User
Hmm... I dunno, Viren doesn't seem to be the kind to over-promise like that. Dark magic is nasty and very dangerous but it ain't outright Faustian. If Viren says he can do something, he can do it.

Now whether any given "something" will actually solve anything, or not cause further problems... that's less his strong suit.

Bashful82

Dwarf - Cook Level 10
Validated User
Gawd, I love the characters in this show. I was so glad Soldier Dum-Dum survived his imprisonment - for some reason, I just love that character.

vernuf

Validated User
Gawd, I love the characters in this show. I was so glad Soldier Dum-Dum survived his imprisonment - for some reason, I just love that character.
Any guy who can remain cheerful and optimistic in a completely unjust and terrible imprisonment is pretty awesome.

Top Bottom