• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Netflix] Wu Assassins aka Holy Neo-90s Schlock, Batman!

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Two episodes in and it took some effort to stop and make dinner.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hey, it's Jeff Fahey! Haven't seen him in a while.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm going to make a prediction for how the season ends.

Spoiler: Show
Five elements + five protagonists (Kai, Jenny, Tommy, Lu Xin and CG) + a repeated emphasis on YOU HAVE TO KILL THEM ALL from a mentor who is at least not being totally forthcoming = five new Wu Masters.

Last edited:

kenichi-kun

Validated User
Saw first two episodes, enjoyed the fights! Kai seems not too perturbed by the random visits to the inbetween realm...I wonder where that is going.

Antendren

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just watched the first episode, and it's a ton of fun. It's a bit janky at times, especially during the empowerment scene, but I suppose that's to be expected when it's a TV show rather than a blockbuster movie.

I'm not yet clear on their convention as for which face the camera shows us and what it means. Kai was seeing Dacascos's face in reflections during the apartment fight, and based on the gangsters' recounting, it seems everyone else was seeing that face on Kai. So does that mean he's always wearing the face we see in the reflection? What does that say about the bit in the hospital bathroom where his reflection flicked through three different people?

There were some shots where we saw Dacascos not in a reflection. At least some of those were framed as being from other people's perspectives; I can't remember if they all were.

I imagine this will all be clearer after watching a few more episodes.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just watched the first episode, and it's a ton of fun. It's a bit janky at times, especially during the empowerment scene, but I suppose that's to be expected when it's a TV show rather than a blockbuster movie.

I'm not yet clear on their convention as for which face the camera shows us and what it means. Kai was seeing Dacascos's face in reflections during the apartment fight, and based on the gangsters' recounting, it seems everyone else was seeing that face on Kai. So does that mean he's always wearing the face we see in the reflection? What does that say about the bit in the hospital bathroom where his reflection flicked through three different people?

There were some shots where we saw Dacascos not in a reflection. At least some of those were framed as being from other people's perspectives; I can't remember if they all were.

I imagine this will all be clearer after watching a few more episodes.
I haven't watched the show yet (but this thread makes me want to), but in the trailer his face physically changes in front of what seems to be his team mates.

Asklepios

Validated User
You had me at Mark Dacascos.
Hey I'll stop by for the mark, but I'll stay for the summer.

But yeah, this has to be awesome. It has to be. Or there's something wrong with the universe. Gonna look this up tonight, thanks for the heads up.

Owesome

Social Justice Warmonger
Validated User
So I'm 7 episodes deep and it's a rollicking good time so far. Excellent fight scenes, some hokey CGI but serviceable enough - the budget definitely went towards stunt improvised weapons instead and I heartily approve of this choice.

Top Bottom