• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

New Aladdin Trailer- Better!

Kreuzritter

Validated User
Disney's not going to dub in a voice for a live-action actor unless it really has to. That's more work that has a strong chance of looking and sounding wrong. Most movies can't even make dubbed singing look right, and studios have had decades to practice that. And while Disney could have searched for a more menacing-sounding Jafar, largely limiting its pool to actors of Middle Eastern and central Asian descent severely cut down on the number of actors it could choose from.
Plus, Jafar's menace comes mostly from his look. he's an oily-voiced manipulator who gets people to do the work for him, be they Aladdin or the Sultan

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
Plus, Jafar's menace comes mostly from his look. he's an oily-voiced manipulator who gets people to do the work for him, be they Aladdin or the Sultan
A menacing look can be completely undone by the speaker's voice.

Maybe his tone is different when he's not trying to get Aladdin or the Sultan to help him. But one does not get a second chance to make a first impression.

Not a dealbreaker by any means, I'm still going to see it and this new trailer really is an improvement.

-Thornhammer

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
What I really like from the trailer...

Spoiler: Show
Is that at some point Iago becomes a Kaiju sized monster and chases Aladdin through Agrabah.

Did they get Gilbert Godfried back as Iago? Tell me they did. I mean of all the surviving cast he seems like the guy who would be totally up to voice Iago again.

vernuf

Validated User

Is that at some point Iago becomes a Kaiju sized monster and chases Aladdin through Agrabah.

Did they get Gilbert Godfried back as Iago? Tell me they did. I mean of all the surviving cast he seems like the guy who would be totally up to voice Iago again.
It's Alan Tudyk

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Okay, I'm definitely more excited. I never got the problem with the teaser trailer myself, I just didn't really see the point to do a live action remake of one of my favorite movies.

But it looks like this could be fun, for Aladdin doing parcour and Will Smith being himself.

Just want to point out? "There's a lot of ambiguity in 'Make Me A Prince'..." is something that Williams Genie would never have done even as a joke. He didn't seem to really understand the exact words concept. Now I can see Smith getting into an argument with Jafar like 'Oh so what you want is..." "NO!"

I somehow missed that was Iago, I thought it was a generic Rok.

Alan Tudyk? I just got more excited.

Isator Levie

Validated User
I'm pretty sure that if you asked Gilbert Godfried to voice Iago again, he'd have 'Nam flashbacks to when Disney made him need to hear himself singing, and he'd start running very far away.

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
I'm pretty sure that if you asked Gilbert Godfried to voice Iago again, he'd have 'Nam flashbacks to when Disney made him need to hear himself singing, and he'd start running very far away.

Gilbert Godfried singing? Why whatever do you mean? Do you mean THIS?

Ahahahaha yes your ear blood sustains me.

King Snarf

Validated User
And while Disney could have searched for a more menacing-sounding Jafar, largely limiting its pool to actors of Middle Eastern and central Asian descent severely cut down on the number of actors it could choose from.
Two words- Tony Shalhoub.

Hunter

Validated User
This trailer is so much better! It actually has color in it! It's like someone heard the complaints of, "Why do all the live action remakes have to be so DRAB?".

Top Bottom