• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

New Aladdin Trailer- Better!

Isator Levie

Validated User
It's possible that the lines of dialogue in which Jafar is trying to present himself as helpful and trustworthy are not quite how they're going to play the character when he's more openly doing villain shit.

Just a thought.

Brawndo

Murder Time Fun Time!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Well, I'm in.

I was fairly confident Will Smith was going to be able to sell it to me, and I'm more convinced now.

A lot of people are going to comp[lain that he's just "doing Will Smith," but I really think that's kind of the only way they could go with casting Genie. Original Genie was Robin Williams "doing Robin Williams," and while those two things don't exactly compare, I'm hard-pressed to think of any other big-name stars that have that kind of built-in recognizable persona. The kind that makes you think you know exactly what you're going to get which leaves you open to be surprised. Will Smith is a solid choice. Plus, the CGI played a lot better in this trailer.

I was upset that Gilbert Gottfried wasn't back as Iago, but then I found out it was Alan Tudyk and jeez how much does Disney love hiring Alan Tudyk? Not complaining that's been in every Disney animated movie since Wreck-It Ralph plus a Star War. I love the guy, will watch/listen to him in anything.

I felt the same when I found out Rowan Atkinson wasn't back as Zazu in The Lion King - but then I heard it was John Oliver and decided that different choices can still be perfect choices. But then, they haven't actually had an actor reprise their role in a remake, have they? Other than James Earl Jones, but that's James Earl Jones.

King Snarf

Validated User
But then, they haven't actually had an actor reprise their role in a remake, have they?
Frank Weller is back for this one as the Cave of Wonders.

Oh, and Jim Cummings for Pooh & Tigger in Christopher Robbin.

Last edited:

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Frank Weller is back for this one as the Cave of Wonders.

Oh, and Jim Cummings for Pooh & Tigger in Christopher Robbin.
Also, not exactly a remake, but James Woods is always down to reprise Hades from Hercules (Which is the best part of a fairly mediocre movie, even if James Woods himself is an awful person). He even once again took up the role in Kingdom Hearts 3.

King Snarf

Validated User
Also, not exactly a remake, but James Woods is always down to reprise Hades from Hercules (Which is the best part of a fairly mediocre movie, even if James Woods himself is an awful person). He even once again took up the role in Kingdom Hearts 3.
With the exception of one episode of "House Of Mouse" (the other episodes were all him), he's done the voice of Hades in every appearance since. And Hercules is an AWESOME movie, I will fight you. It's a better remake of the Donner Superman movie than Superman Returns.

But spin-off media doesn't count, as many of the voice actors return to reprise their roles. At least half of the remakes they've done have been the older films (Cinderella, Jungle Book, and Dumbo) and I'd be surprised if the cast is still alive, let alone able to reprise their roles. Though it should be noted that they got Richard Sherman in to write additional lyrics for "I Wanna Be Like You".

King Snarf

Validated User
I remember my favourite part of Superman is when he responds to news of a disaster with excitement about the opportunity that gives him to show off.
... Yeah, it's not a shot by shot remake, obviously, but when you look at the beats of both movies, they're remarkably similar. Guy from "up there" raised by simple, kind, salt of the earth folk, youngster feeling he doesn't belong and then finds out the truth, jaded girl, villain who lives underground, jaded girl dying and the hero bringing her back, etc.

Grumpygoat

Give a damn
Validated User
Two words- Tony Shalhoub.
Ah yes, the well-known man of menace, Tony Shalhoub. His voice like a cobra ready to strike. His eyes like twin coals of burning hate. Truly if we wanted a Jafar to invoke terror and awe, Disney should have gone with Antonio Scarpacci, of Wings fame.

Top Bottom