New Aladdin Trailer- Better!

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Looking at the trailer again, does anyone else think that having Jasmine introduced striding in with a tiger at her side makes her look like a villain?
She wasn't, though? She appears in disguise after Aladin loses the guards.

I mean, I find her being flanked by a handmaiden nd a tiger an epic diplay of royal bearing, but it's not her introduction in the trailer

Crinos

Next to me you're all number two!
Validated User
Nah. Jasmine's always had a tiger. Rajah's a good boy.
Also involved in one of my favorite scenes from the movie where the Sultan and jasmine are arguing over her shooting down all her potential suitors, and afterwards the Sultan turns to Rajah and says "Allah forbid you should have any daughters." And Rajah just gives this look to the audience like ".... um, what?"

kitty voodoo

Social Justice Sister of Battle
Validated User
Wow, Pascal and Maximus crushed it.
Maximus is a cool motherfucking horse.

Honestly, I was surprised the Seven Dwarfs did so badly. I've said it before, Snow White lives with half the cast of the Hobbit and runs that household like a motherfucking boss. Plus unlike all the other sidekicks, the Dwarfs have jobs...

Isator Levie

Validated User
Nah. Jasmine's always had a tiger. Rajah's a good boy.
I have seen the animated movie so many times that I know it inside and out (which is not a brag, just a circumstance of childhood and then having a brother who would put it on loads), and have distinct feelings about its depiction of the character of Jasmine. My assessment of how a shot was framed in a trailer does not come from ignorance about the characters.

LibraryLass

Feminazgûl
Banned
Validated User
I have seen the animated movie so many times that I know it inside and out (which is not a brag, just a circumstance of childhood and then having a brother who would put it on loads), and have distinct feelings about its depiction of the character of Jasmine. My assessment of how a shot was framed in a trailer does not come from ignorance about the characters.
There's no need to take it as a challenge. I just don't find it that way because of that context.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Maximus is a cool motherfucking horse.

Honestly, I was surprised the Seven Dwarfs did so badly. I've said it before, Snow White lives with half the cast of the Hobbit and runs that household like a motherfucking boss. Plus unlike all the other sidekicks, the Dwarfs have jobs...
Half the cast of The Hibbit with all the unruly mess that implies.

Also the implication that, if they’d Brent here and something was threatening, the phrase Baruch Khazad! Would come out :p
(Okay so that’s just my head canon but...)

Top Bottom