New Ban: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Citizen of Ireland
Validated User
This is a very bold move. I support it, and am sad that it is necessary, but am honestly rather shocked that it's actually come to this.

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
I'm glad you did this and pissed off you had to. Thank you for taking this moderation hobby seriously.

Sphinx of Black Quartz

Huggable Space Caterpillar
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Do you plan to clarify what side of the "off-site conduct" divide this falls on?
This is explicitly only about behavior on RPG.net: "We are banning support of Donald Trump or his administration on the RPGnet forums." (Emphasis mine.)

I can't think of any ban for off-site behavior that was not a result of directly threatening an RPG.net community member — like deliberate, sustained harassment or threatening to stalk somebody at a convention.

Notsteve

The work of an enemy stand
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just wanted to note that the forum rules and guidelines at the top of the list of forums has not been updated. It was the first place I checked for details.

Thank you for the hard work of moderating you do.

tosken

Validated User
I can't think of any ban for off-site behavior that was not a result of directly threatening an RPG.net community member — like deliberate, sustained harassment or threatening to stalk somebody at a convention.
From your Rules and Guidelines, relevant portion underlined:
Values/Rules & Off-Site Conduct: We draw a distinction between our site’s values and rules. We infract based on rules violations if they occur on our site. If you call someone a shitbag in TRO, that is a rules violation on our site and you’ll probably catch an infraction. If you call someone a shitbag on ENWorld, that’s their problem. However, values matter regardless of where the conduct occurs, and social media now makes drawing distinct lines between identities across multiple online platforms impractical. If you are an alt-right racist, self-identified incel, white supremacist, Nazi, sexual predator, stalker, doxxer, or otherwise demonstrate offsite that you hold values incompatible with the RPGnet community, and we can identify you to a reasonable degree of certainty, we will ban you from RPGnet as based on the fact that you posting to RPGnet is a violation of our values.

TL;DR: We don’t police off-site rules violations, but we will ban people over unbridgeable divides in values as demonstrated by off-site conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom