New Ban: Do Not Post In Support of Trump or his Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwydion

I am #426
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The thing is, you CAN'T ban discussion of politics and still have a viable rpg discussion site.
You can't ban discussion of politics and have a viable discussion site. The root of politics is "polis", the community. It's very closely related to the word "policy". Politics is life and life is politics. People who want to ban political discussion merely want to ban politics that they, personally, have not internalized to the point where they no longer think about it.
Kevin

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
The thing is, you CAN'T ban discussion of politics and still have a viable rpg discussion site. I'm running a Vampire the Masquerade game, presently set in the late 1980's, in Los Angeles. It's impossible to run that game without a ton real world politics coming up at the table. AIDS, the crack epidemic, the War on Drugs, Reagan Administration politics, and so forth abound in the game. Hell, my PCs just helped set up the first (illegal) needle exchange program in the city, to help keep the blood supply clean, since it's possible for vampires to carry and spread AIDS in the setting. And I certainly can't discuss the game on this board without the possibility of those politics being discussed on the thread. Anyone calling for a moratorium on discussing politics here, hasn't thought it through.
"No"politics" is, in my experience, more often than not code for "no politics that challenge the status quo" or "no politics I disagree with".

Baron Opal

Validated User
"No"politics" is, in my experience, more often than not code for "no politics that challenge the status quo" or "no politics I disagree with".
Perhaps, but sometimes its "I've argued about policies affecting my patients all day, and I just want to talk about elfgames for a while."

That said, as a self-described sane Republican, I have no problems with this policy.

Last edited:

Robert Bohl

Validated User
Thanks very much for standing up for basic human decency, as so few online platforms are willing to do. Thank fake god for you.

Theodore Jay Miller

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hasn't quite hit Fox & Friends level yet and infowars got banned. I imagine it'll take some time to cross his radar if at all.
If it times out right:
Analysts credit the overwhelming Democratic midterm victories to the fact that Donald Trump spent Election Day urging his followers to boycott a role-playing games website instead of spending it urging them to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom