New gm running All of Their Strengths one shot

LindyHiker

Hello, I'll be running a one shot of All of Their Strengths tonight, and I'm trying to brainstorm ways to flesh out my story seed. I used the random generator in the book to get "Criminal deepfolk want to destroy an object in ancient ruins because of a weakened enemy". So far I'm thinking that reduced numbers of angels have resulted in ancient site X being underdefended, and X houses a holy object which contains the sea, preventing it from covering all land on earth. Player characters in this game are hybrids from 2 different monstrous lineages. If any player has either deepfolk, angel, or demon as a lineage, I've got a pretty easy hook. Things I'm still brainstorming: what to use as a hook if no player uses those lineages, the nature of the ancient site, the nature and title of the object, fun complications that might show up. Any help?

g33k

Validated User
Hi, LindyHiker!

Sorry to be late responding.

FWIW -- and I guess it's too late now -- this "Starting Gate" subforum gets a LOT fewer eyeballs-on, and much more slowly, than the big main "Tabletop Roleplaying Open" subforum (usually called "TRO").

Anything to do with a relatively unknown/niche game such as this, and/or with such pressing time-limits as you had, is likely to get better response there (or in the D&D/d20 subforum, if it's a topic regarding the 800lb-Gorilla lineage of games).

I hope your game went well, despite not getting any ideas from this site.

LindyHiker

Hello, thanks for the tip! It actually won't start for another 5.5 hours, so maybe I'll get some eyes on it in time.

Knaight

Validated User
Assuming that any of the characters are real old (which is often a safe assumption) you could have them know about the holy object for some reason, especially if you can tie it to their human background. A werewolf/vampire originally from the Byzantine empire might very well take notice when the San Marco bowl goes missing.

Top Bottom