• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

New Legend of the Five Rings

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I cannot help but get the impression that one of those two princes is significantly more villainous than the other.
Sotorii is similarly cruel & generally asshaty as his counterpart from the original timeline was. And him being that was a major driving point of the story.

This time he even has a very personal reason to have beef with Toturi & cast him down when he gets an excuse!

I find funny Iuchi Shahai went from being the former baddie (Daigotsu) milf to the current Good Prince bestie.
Well... Given the Daisetsu / Daigotsu parallels (with his involvement with Sahai being a major one of those, actually)...

Nevertheless, they're cute together & still Not Evil (tm).

kenichi-kun

Validated User
I found Sotorii highly interesting...mostly because I feel he is the way he is because his father and other adults failed him. Yes, he has terrible anger management problems...but he is pre-gempukku, and someone should have done something about that, to teach him better. He knows his own failings, but has no idea how to solve them.

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
I found Sotorii highly interesting...mostly because I feel he is the way he is because his father and other adults failed him. Yes, he has terrible anger management problems...but he is pre-gempukku, and someone should have done something about that, to teach him better. He knows his own failings, but has no idea how to solve them.
No he's not. He passed his gempukku in the last 6 months, since the 'duel' flashback. Daisetsu even suggests that Sotorii only passed because he was the heir.

Speaking of Daisetsu, people do realise that he's the same person as Daigotsu was in the old continuity? Hantei XXXVIII's younger son. In the old continuity he was kidnapped by Bloodspeakers in the same attack that Yotsu sacrificed his son to save Sotorii from. This time round, that didn't happen and he's been raised in Otosan Uchi. Thus Shahai has met up with the same person again.

raistlin33

Validated User
This time he doesn't have the excuse of having his family assassinated or being possessed by Fu Leng. He is simply an asshole.

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
This time he doesn't have the excuse of having his family assassinated or being possessed by Fu Leng. He is simply an asshole.
Although there is something odd going on. Shahai thought that Daisetsu wasn't himself when the black rage took over and he got into the fight with Sotorii. And that's almost exactly the same sort of thing that came over Sotorii after he had gone to apologise to his father before killing him. He says he can't remember what happened. Maybe there is something malevolent around.

NeoSamurai

Validated User
Which is an interesting possibility because there is implication is that the scrolls have already been cracked open and floating around in use for a couple decades which suggests that Fu Leng's a bit stronger around this era and more insidious. Fu Leng could very well be possessing someone in the setting..0

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
Which is an interesting possibility because there is implication is that the scrolls have already been cracked open and floating around in use for a couple decades which suggests that Fu Leng's a bit stronger around this era and more insidious. Fu Leng could very well be possessing someone in the setting..0
Implication? The Obsidian Flower's description explicitly says that she read the contents of a Black Scroll she had stolen from the Yogo.

kenichi-kun

Validated User
That's not disputed, but I'm simply implying he's an asshole cause he wasn't raised better. In previous stories he's aware of his failings, but has no idea what to do, and well..someone should have paid attention to that in his childhood. That's my issue. What he did was...bad (understatement, but I need more coffee before I can properly word this here) but leading up until there, his dad should have taken a much larger role in shaping him.

Albertorius

Validated User
Speaking of Daisetsu, people do realise that he's the same person as Daigotsu was in the old continuity? Hantei XXXVIII's younger son. In the old continuity he was kidnapped by Bloodspeakers in the same attack that Yotsu sacrificed his son to save Sotorii from. This time round, that didn't happen and he's been raised in Otosan Uchi. Thus Shahai has met up with the same person again.
I mean, I thought that was pretty clear.

As to Sotorii, I'm pretty happy with the nuance we've got, personally. He's an asshole, but... well, he has issues.

And watching Kachiko squirm after realizing what the hell did she really do was fun :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom