• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

New movie "Role Models" features LARPing...

Whiskeyjack

Banned
I didn't get to see the film due to schedule issues, but from what I've heard, it's not bad.
You heard wrong. Me, my friends and a number of other people got tired of wasting our time in this craptacular waste of celluloid and walked out.

It is officially the 4th movie I have ever walked out on.

Claus_Raasted

Retired User
I'm looking forward to seeing the thing... especially with Danish eyes, since the scene's quite a bit different here... here, larp is an incredibly popular and well-known activity, but primarily amongst kids. The adult scene exists, of course, but has a lot less media impact.

I think most of the Danish larpers will see it and laugh at the American larp scene... but I don't know about the public. Will be fun to find out. ;)

Claus

SkuLLySaurusRex

Retired User
The movie is where i actually first learned about LARPing, and i found it to be really interesting. So i looked it up some more, and I'm actually interested in it. It looks like it'd be a lot of fun.
So the reason why i have signed up here is really from watching that movie.
And I'm hoping to learn more about it and maybe get into it :)

Radendaren

pew pew pew lasers
Validated User
The movie is where i actually first learned about LARPing, and i found it to be really interesting. So i looked it up some more, and I'm actually interested in it. It looks like it'd be a lot of fun.
Welcome to the forums!
Have a poke around the threads, there are occasionally new people who ask questions about various things, so I'm sure you can find some info already there.
And if you have any particular queries, don't hesitate to ask! We're a friendly bunch on here, really.

Jared Thaler

Retired User
Good Luck

Unfortunately, the nearest Boffer LARP in that area that I know ( http://www.nerowest.com/ ) recently went on hiatus.

revlovejoy

Retired User
Does anybody remember Augie Fark's LAIRE name? I thought it might be Blifkin? It's driving me crazy!

I'm pretty sure it's Sir Blumpkin, which made me crack up everytime they said it. In case you don't know what a blumpkin is, check it out at urbandictionary.com. Hilarious!

Sunday

Human Being?
Validated User
Whispering eye.

I liked this movie. I've roleplayed (though not for a long time) but never larped. It did look like fun.

Also, while in the movie it did look kind of nerdy, it didn't look nerdy in a bad way - after all Augie hooked up with that cute chick because of larping, and that's kind of the opposite of 'stereotypical nerd past-times.'

Top Bottom