• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

New releases at Gencon 2019?

Aysez

Quietly Mad
Validated User
Please forgive me if there's already a topic. I have a friend going already, so if anything truly neat is coming out, I'd REALLY appreciate a heads-up.

Medved

Validated User
The biggest ones I can think of are the second edition of Pathfinder and a new edition of Cyberpunk 2020.

Starkiller77

Validated User
At gencon only a jumpstart kit will be released for cyberpunk red for the complete corebook we will have to wait, anyway I am really excited for this new edition of cyberpunk.

BigJackBrass

Two Separate Gorillas
Validated User
James Raggi has said that there will be four GenCon exclusive Lamentations of the Flame Princess booklets, as they did last year, but no details.

Andy-C

Setec Astronomer
Validated User
I'm hoping to see Rebellion in the Rim for Armada, and the Epic conversion kit for X-Wing 2E.

flashman

Validated User
I am hoping Kenzer brings copies of Aces & 8's Revised edition, but I'm not holding my breath.

eskatonic

Still the Prettiest.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
GenCon doesn't seem to feature a lot of new new releases any more, at least not like back in Ye Olde Dayes, when the convention was one of the big deadlines for game companies to churn something out. Most of those happen via Kickstarter, it seems.

Connallmac

Crown Prince of Next to Nothing
Validated User
GenCon doesn't seem to feature a lot of new new releases any more, at least not like back in Ye Olde Dayes, when the convention was one of the big deadlines for game companies to churn something out. Most of those happen via Kickstarter, it seems.
Indeed! I hardly bother to make a complete sweep of the dealer's these days. I had gone in 2009, 2010, and 2011 and there were still debuts back then. I skipped 2012, 2013, and 2014, and when I made my triumphant return in 2015 they were down to a trickle. Last year I don't really recall seeing anything in the TTRPG category.

flashman

Validated User
Looking at my purchases, 2018 was a down year for new releases; mainly just completing gaps from releases over the previous year. This year at least has PF2 and Shadowrun.

Top Bottom