• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Yellow Signatory

Formerly 'Lord Stilt-Man'
Validated User
Hi

I poke my head into the pretty active 40k threads here, so I know that guys are all very knowledgeable, and some of you have pretty reliable tipsters. So I'm figuring this is a good place to ask. Do we have any relatively solid info on 9th ed yet? I'm mostly interested in what shape the forces will take. Since I've quit smoking I've decided to use the money to start an army and I have friends who are intending to slow paint on 9th.

I'm mostly asking for the sake of seeing what models I can get cheaply from previous editions, I'm hoping at least some things will be usable.

The options I'm most interested in are, Orcs & Goblins: But specifically Savage Orcs and Forest Goblins. Chaos: Either Nurgle flavoured, or more inclusive Beastman army. Skaven are a possibility, but I think Goblins mostly fill that spot in my heart.

So yeah, any info at all, the more concrete the better about the shape those armies will be taking would be a massive help.

Thanks in advance :)

Yellow Signatory

Validated User
Thanks I'll give it a look.

When I discussed starting an army with my friends one of them did a quick Google and rattled off what the 6 remaining factions would be. But I knew that people on here likely had a far better idea of what was likely to be true.

Scutarii

Validated User
Can anyone give me a clear run down of what is happening to WHFB? I've heard noises of armies being discontinued, world ending events and the like but it;s only random snippets.

Summary please?

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
I'm not a professional WHFB watcher, so take with a grain of salt, but I've been watching.

Basically, they introduced a big mega-event that brought out a whole mess of giant big models, expensive codexes, and art books, etc. Nagash decided to become the god of death, the Skaven went crazy big, the Lizard men were getting into things called Exodus Engines, dogs and cats living together.

At the end of the last book, they say "boom--the world got engulfed by chaos and no one saw the same apocalypse, and the chaos gods got bored and went to go play a better miniatures game, apparently".

So now we're all kinda waiting to see what they do with 9th. The real-word reason was that WHFB wasn't hitting the numbers they wanted, and after that whole "space marine heads copyright lawsuit" I think their lawyers went kinda nuts and wanted a world more different than 'vanilla' fantasy/copyright enforceable.

SO everybody's kinda waiting to see what happens in the next book. What OG has said, it sounds like all mini's will be allowed but they're narrowing down to five core armies, and it's probably going to a different game mechanic that's probably more skirmish based. But again, all this is grain of salt stuff.

I'm curious to see where they go with it.

Yellow Signatory

Validated User
Wow I had no idea there was so little info out there. I would've thought GW would be doing all they could to build buzz.

Crumbs

Validated User
GW doesn't work like that they know that you will either buy their product or you won't so they don't bother trying advertise. Also GW tends to get a lot of flack for anything and everything they do so it really isn't worth their time to wade through all the angry emails they would get if they released real spoilers.

Just look at all the complaining over prices. I've been playing this game for 20years and realistically over the course of that 20years the average increase of price has been about $1 a year.

Yellow Signatory

Validated User
That's not the GW way. The GW way is to hide everything until a week before release.

...for some reason.
Goes to show how out of the loop I am. Even when I've been playing games and buying GW models I haven't really done more to keep up with the company than buy the occasional White Dwarf for about 20 years, and I stopped even doing that way before they killed it off.

Top Bottom