• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Night's Black Agents: The Hesselius Letter

pstjmack

Validated User
How do you want us to go about collecting "gear"?
Sorry everyone that Alerts have been fucked up and completely messed up my responses.

Quinn's plan is excellent - the only proviso I'd make is that he can do plenty of the recon from Google Maps, and prep plenty of the exfil routes etc. in advance. Edgar could also hack the traffic grid to take over lights etc. if needed. Remember that in the UK you've got pretty good public access to traffic cams on almost every major route.

As for commandeering gear, with a millionaire behind you, you've got access to any reasonable amount, up to and including a typical saloon car, SUV or van. (No assault weapons or body armour etc. without discussion tho.) I'll handwave any typical monitoring gear, including drones, boom mikes, etc. I know tutunaku tutunaku is pretty busy right now, so don't worry about waiting for him to go through the motions IC.

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
So let’s do a full mock up of the grounds from Google Earth, specifically. Entry/ exit points, cover, etc.

pstjmack

Validated User
Yeah, Eddie will have to do that.
For continuity's sake, we'll assume that Stuart left you a one-off cash pool to shop some gear with - equivalent to Steady Funds on page 95. Plus, Eddie can presumably scrounge most off-the-shelf surveillance gear (IR scopes, bugs, fibre-optic probes, stealthy mini-drones, etc), and improvise anything short of a laser eavesdropping set. He'd have good lines of supply through former CIA contacts and suppliers too. So for now at least, you will have most of the gear you need.

pstjmack

Validated User
So if someone would like to call a certain Irsaeli solider they know to sneak around the grounds and take a closer look at things...
Yup, either Eddie or Quinn can call for backup in the shape of a longtime ex-Mossad buddy, and you'll all be making the entry together.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
So Eddie has Military Science 1, Quinn has Architecture 2. If we go all in here, that's 12 points before we add in anything Samson has.

pstjmack

Validated User
So Eddie has Military Science 1, Quinn has Architecture 2. If we go all in here, that's 12 points before we add in anything Samson has.
That's the rules as written on p.108. That said, I rather prefer to limit the crazy overbuild of TFFBs by limiting them to1 pt spends and only one type per character in a given scene. For instance, one provides the pool of added combat pools, another adjusts the Difficulty rolls, another provides refreshes, etc. And remember that an IA point spent in one scene won't be around to use later.

Regular Guy

"Lemme make a call."
Validated User
Let's have Quinn add a single point from Architecture to the pool. He would have to know the types of trucks vs amount of 'work' being done to the castle/ mansion, i.e. a bathroom remodel would be a pick-up truck, the creation of a below ground mausoleum would necessitate earth moving equipment, concrete trucks, etc.

pstjmack

Validated User
Let's have Quinn add a single point from Architecture to the pool. He would have to know the types of trucks vs amount of 'work' being done to the castle/ mansion, i.e. a bathroom remodel would be a pick-up truck, the creation of a below ground mausoleum would necessitate earth moving equipment, concrete trucks, etc.
That'd work fine. Once again, do note that no major work has been done in recent decades according to the satellite feeds, so whatever was built/rebuilt has been lying there dormant for a long time now.

Top Bottom