• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Night's Black Agents: The Hesselius Letter

pstjmack

Validated User
London: present day

pub.jpg

You're drinking together one evening in the bar of The Coachman, a pub in Hammersmith run by ex-IRA informant Thomas Deegan, reputedly bugged to the nines by MI5, but tolerated by them as a nexus/hiring venue/neutral ground for the London covert ops community. As you swap war stories over your drinks, a scrawny teenager in a hoodie comes in, holding a plain envelope in one grubby hand.

"Mistah Klarfeld?" he asks.

Last edited:

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Eddie was with a collection of acquaintances and contacts, people like him within the London community, all bemoaning their current burnt state. The teen who approached drew an eyebrow, and a two-finger acknowledgement. He could ask the kid who sent him, but odds were this was a cut-out, or other lack of information to go by. It was how these things worked. "Anything else besides the envelope, kid?"

Last edited:

pstjmack

Validated User
Edgar Klarfeld

Eddie was with a collection of acquaintances and contacts, people like him within the London community, all bemoaning their current burnt state. The teen who approached drew an eyebrow, and a two-finger acknowledgement. He could ask the kid who sent him, but odds were this was a cut-out, or other lack of information to go by. It was how these things worked. "Anything else besides the envelope, kid?"
The kid cocks an eye at you. He looks exactly like any other ticket tout you'd see hanging round Piccadilly Circus, or sticking up cards for call-girls in phone booths and public places.

"Only other thing, mate, is nuffink. I was paid my whack, and I got told there'd be no return message. Now, If ye'll excuse me, I was never here, and ye never got this from me."

He passes you the envelope. It's a regular postal envelope, sealed and completely unmarked.

OOC: Any skill use on the boy, or the envelope before you open it up? I'm not charging pool points here because this is core clue territory.

tutunaku

Be Seeing You
Validated User
Stuart Shen had wandered off, purportedly to the bathroom, though somehow ended chatting up a tall blonde in Louboutins.

Seeing the kid pass something to Klarfeld, he excuses himself, after getting her number, and sidles over to see what's going on.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
The kid cocks an eye at you. He looks exactly like any other ticket tout you'd see hanging round Piccadilly Circus, or sticking up cards for call-girls in phone booths and public places.

"Only other thing, mate, is nuffink. I was paid my whack, and I got told there'd be no return message. Now, If ye'll excuse me, I was never here, and ye never got this from me."

He passes you the envelope. It's a regular postal envelope, sealed and completely unmarked.

OOC: Any skill use on the boy, or the envelope before you open it up? I'm not charging pool points here because this is core clue territory.
OOC: Human Terrain/Streetwise for the kid, for the envelope? Tradecraft or Streetwise?

Last edited:

pstjmack

Validated User
Edgar Klarfeld

OOC: Human Terrain/Streetwise for the kid, for the envelope? Tradecraft or Streetwise?
OOC: Notice or Tradecraft for the envelope: Tradecraft for the way the whole drop goes down. No spend for any.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
OOC: Notice or Tradecraft for the envelope: Tradecraft for the way the whole drop goes down. No spend for any.
Edgar studied the kid as he left then the envelope.

OOC: So Human Terrain and Streetwise for the kid, Tradecraft for the envelope/drop.

Last edited:

Cannonball

So bouncy!
Validated User
“Oo! A huddle?” Coco followed Stuart, curiosity piqued. “Gotta love the freelance work, eh? No boss to march over and bark-bark-bark when there’s something you need to do,” Coco mimed a little yappy thing as she sat down, drink in hand. “Just street-toughs looking for spare change and anonymous envelopes! So much more exciting than boring war.”

pstjmack

Validated User
After weighing up the whole situation against his tradecraft and human traffic talents, Edgar realizes the sender must be either a) a total amateur, b) desperate, or c) looking to set him up. The courier was disposable and highly unreliable street trash, the handover was so public he might as well have used skywriting. No one in Edgar's current stable of clients is that dumb. So it could be a set up. Still, how much harm could there be in one plain envelope?

pstjmack

Validated User
OOC: Anyone else wanna add something before the inevitable opening?

Top Bottom