• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Nintendo] Needs Your IP; Create the Future

ryven

softie
Validated User
For the record, Pikmin 2's multiplayer mode was a darn good RTS.

I'd still play the hell out of your giant robot programming game; just want to give the Pikmin series its due.
Interesting - I only played the first Pikmin. I had no idea that Pikmin 2 even had multiplayer.

martikhoras

Banned
"Yaaaaaaay" after a new year of nothing RESPONSES...
I can't wait to read them. High fives, hugs, cigars all around, unless you hate smoking then something else brown and phallic. Recorders Yay recorders all around.

Ryven and Chikahiro.

It seems the Minecraft or strategy game is something you are into. Also you would like another female lead franchise.

Online/social media experience integration is also key.

I'm torn on the giant robot one because to me it does sound like Pikmin but it isn't like there is only one strategy group game. So Custom Robo meets pikmin meets Dark Souls (Without the heinous difficulty just more minecraft/from dust creepers or similar challenges). The Dark Souls bit is that aside from difficulty Dark Souls is about piecing together the information and situation of the world through exploration and challenge. So I have heard.

The Princess Platformers do sound promising with Peach using a parasol and Daisy with.. whay a fludd-alike designed extendo arm

Ahem that was an actual Nintendo (b4vidjagames) product.

The issue is that do inherent as to customized differences in characters sell? And overall what will differentiate this from other platforms. Kirby is kinda more accessible and kid friendly but also distinct (saying something for a mascot that I don't think hasn't had a normal platform installment in a decade) that would look out of place or not fit just dropped in mario. Just like Sonic differs from Bubsy. Hell how the 2d marios, differ from paper mario, differ from 3D big installment marios while all being distinctly Mario.
I guess this isn't a reall discouragement just an inquiry. How will you handle having two different player characters that have different abilities, even if similar (that isn't as down with Mario and Luigi anymore). How will the Princess'es adventures differ or just be planned?

Same for Custom RoboCraft. What will be the resources to gather, objectives to make? Will this be more animal crossing (do what you want?) will building an Ansible enable more spot and street and web passes? Will there be trading? How is the mechanicism and the depiction?

Last edited:

martikhoras

Banned
SINGING ABOUT NINTENDO

How I learned about Ultra Hand:
[video=youtube;xR5DaYuDWYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR5DaYuDWYs[/video]

ryven

softie
Validated User
Same for Custom RoboCraft. What will be the resources to gather, objectives to make? Will this be more animal crossing (do what you want?) will building an Ansible enable more spot and street and web passes? Will there be trading? How is the mechanicism and the depiction?
I dunno, I'm the IP promotion guy, not the game design guy. :p My objective is basically to break into the strategy games for gearheads market, and to get more female lead representation. If there is online trading or whatever all I know is it needs to be handled very carefully, because Nintendo really botched online last generation and now they need games with stellar online play to make up for it.

martikhoras

Banned
I apologise, you're right you have a great idea now we just need the mechanics to make it happen.

That said I would stand by the princess platformer needing more detail because.. well its a platformer staking out an identity and appeal and a market is crucial

Top Bottom