• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [Nobilis 3E] Lines in the Sand

Maerok

Validated User
Righto! OOC thread and all that. As far as our rogue's gallery goes, we have the following player-driven individuals upon which to cast our aspersions and dispersions and fancies and ballots and curses, etc:

• Arthur Kingsley (played by Skycroft), Power of Legends: The man, the myth, the legend.
  • Delanis Corona (played by Insertname), Deceiver: The Goddess to Be, Born of Desecration's Shadow. (Owed several character sheets)
  • Daryl Hughes (played by Aincumis), Power of Identity: He'll put "you" and "I" together.
  • Carter, "The Tourist", Power of Time Travel (or TBD Aspect 5 Noble!) (played by MrPrim): Causality is for suckers!
  • Claire Ehrenberg (played by Cyrith), Power of Archery: Sharpest arrow in the quiver.
  • TBD, TBD, or TBD (pondered by HeWhoSpeaksOfDarkness)

Let's get this ball rolling Sunday, shall we? Any sheets can be reposted in their latest form here or transferred to the Wiki.

Inqy

World Breaker's Sigh
Validated User
Aww. :(

Edit: Did Clio not make the cut? I figured she didn't but in the light of day there seems less reason to assume that than a typo. Either way I figure I'd better ask for confirmation.

Last edited:

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Hrm, I'm still torn. Time Travel is hilarious but Natalia would be really fun in a Nobilis game... A d hunting a unicorn is exactly where I'd see her.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Well, here's a quick, unfinished Natalia sheet.

Natalia Kotoulika, the Prodigy, Noble of the Bleak

Dobroye Utro, Vunderkind!

I will remind you of your history.

You lived in Russia and you were cold. You were cold and hard and bitter and you were just a child. You were smart and you were street-smart. You were fierce and you were strong. You were truly incomparable — one of the best, perhaps the best, in an entire mortal generation — and you were in despair; for no matter how strong or smart or clever a little Russian girl was, no matter how many math problems you could solve or black belts you could beat up, there wasn’t any way that you could change the world.

Your heart froze over. You gave in to despair.

- Glass-Maker's Dragon​
Spoiler: Show

Vervain (Key II) Key of Something Powerful
Heart: My Identity
- a prodigy
Shadow: Burdens
- bound by duty
- set apart

Aconite (Key V) Key of Rage
Heart: Natalia's Rage
- victim
Shadow: What Lets Me Oppose
-

Foundation: Something Cool
- Heart of Vervain: The greatest of her generation... At everything

My Estate: Bleakness / The Dark Side of Human Experience and Something You Live
- Heart of Aconite: a cold and strangling rage has frozen my heart
- Heart of Aconite: my past is filled with mysterious and unspecified hardships

Origin: A Troubled Life
- Heart of Vervain: I was trained by the very best, but you don't get to be the best by being nice

Legacy: Some Scars Remain
- Shadow of Vervain: I hold myself to a higher standard than is in any way reasonable

Contacts:
- Shadow of Aconite: My friends, I don't deserve them but they won't let me go.
- Heart of Aconite: Nemesis: A mirror me is out there... Or maybe a great golden snake made of my rage... I can't be sure.

Spoiler: Show

Skills
  • Mathematics 3
  • Martial Arts 3
  • Dance 1
  • Student 1
  • Russian Emigre 0
  • Cool 5
Bonds and Afflictions
  • Affliction: My Heart is Frozen (3)
  • Bond: I have Mad Skills (3)
  • (7 Points Left)
Attributes
  • Aspect 5
  • Domain 0
  • Persona 0
  • Treasure0
Gifts
  • (9 CP Left)

Last edited:

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
Hmm, Daryl Hughes and me with a bow. Deja vu.
You thought there'd only be one Daryl? Not sendin' me to camp this time, though. Nyaaah!

Hopefully, also, Scelto doesn't so rudely make things not fun anymore. I'm sure Maerok will have a much defter hand with this. The stuff he did while he was Tifon Leer remains some of my favorite Nobilis stuff ever (in competition with Insertname's "Evelyn Adams" who will also always have a special place in my heart.)

So, yeah, I have REALLY high hopes for this game, and all the faith in the world in the players and the HG especially. You rock Maerok!

Last edited:

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
In fairness, I didn't want to send us to camp either, at least not that quickly. Blowing up Scelto was entertaining though. And I know quite well there is more than one Daryl Hughes.

Maerok

Validated User
You thought there'd only be one Daryl? Not sendin' me to camp this time, though. Nyaaah!

Hopefully, also, Scelto doesn't so rudely make things not fun anymore. I'm sure Maerok will have a much defter hand with this. The stuff he did while he was Tifon Leer remains some of my favorite Nobilis stuff ever (in competition with Insertname's "Evelyn Adams" who will also always have a special place in my heart.)

So, yeah, I have REALLY high hopes for this game, and all the faith in the world in the players and the HG especially. You rock Maerok!
@Aincumis: Something like Scelto is best used with a light hand. And since there's a character directly aligned/opposed with him I see that influence being more focused than chaotic.

Evelyn Adams was the type of character you can play when you really know how the system and setting work.

Ahhh, no pressure!

@MrPrim: The Bleakness is a concept from Chuubo? I'll have to give that whole thing a read.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
In Chuubo, "Bleak" is the term that denotes things that are... Bad. From the Outside, the Far and Sunless Land that hates Reality. It is the dark opposite to the Wishing Power of the Heart, the power used by the Riders and the death spirits and the Magisters of the Bleak Academy.

To explain better, more Nobilisy, it is the unmaking power of the Not, the hatred of existence that Nonexistence feels.

Now, since she's a Noble, Natalia's "Bleakness" really just means "Things that are bleak". It is the desolation of the soul and the world, cold windy peaks and windswept sadness. It is what is meant when you say that you are "feeling bleak" or that somewhere is "a bleak wasteland" or "a bleak November day".

Natalia is a Chuubo character that I am coopting. She's a superpowered, super skilled, profoundly depressing you woman with a cold heart. In Chuubo her role is to be the friendless perfect young woman that needs to learn the value of relying on your friends. She is prone to being dragged into tear-jerking adventures, losing loved ones, and, in the end, consigning herself to the Bleak Academy on the borders of a Far and Sunless land.

Her frozen heart and general demeanor will predispose her to wandering off the path of good Nobilis society. She'll be drawn to our resident Deceiver, I'm sure. One of her first Projects will be about finding someone who can teach her something new... And the strange powers of the Not will definitely fall in that category for the girl who is perfect at everything.

Last edited:

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
I have no clue how Daryl will go about hunting a unicorn.

Probably by making the unicorn Daryl Hughes and understanding what it feels like to be hunted.

Or something equally emo.

Did Inqy make it or not?

Last edited:
Top Bottom