• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Nobilis] Evil Friends

JaneBond

Saint of Obscurity
Validated User
OOC: For my Surface Wound I'll take; "Nick gives me strength"

I will let the guy grab me, save miracle points.

I do a Level 7 Aspect with +5 Strike from my heroism bond to yank the chains and him off of this building and smash him into the ground.

Excie threw forward all of her strength to protect her soul and for a moment it was it Hather was holding onto. As he grabbed hold she felt even worse the sadness that had overwhelmed her when she had said no to him. She felt a horrible bleakness. Like nothing mattered. Her heart seemed to stop, her breath seemed short. How could she fight him? How had she put behind everything they had gone through, everything she felt for him? How could she get her strength back?

Then Nick hurled a fire extinguisher and she remembered he stood beside her. More than that, he stood up for her. She remembered how far she had come without Hather, how close she was to finding all she had lost. With him by her side her feelings came rushing back, she remembered her friends, she remembered her purpose. And just as the hungry chains clamped on full force she took back her strength letting them clamp onto her soul painfully, but it was nothing compared to the hurt she already felt knowing she had to destroy the Shard of Hather Cristnos. The fiery creature with Hather's voice pulled her into the air and Excie did nothing to resist. She waited until he let his guard down, felt victorious, felt he had her in those inescapable links.

And then she grabbed onto the fiery chains, her skin smoldering, and barrelled downwards over the edge of the roof and towards the ground, exerting more mass and leverage than should be possible at her angle, yanking the monster along with her, piledriving the Shard into the city street below, sending pavement and cars flying in a gigantic cloud of asphalt and smokeless flame.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Roger felt the blade cut into that portion of his power, but the sudden appearance of Artus snapping at the Abhorrent Weapon caused him to smile. And, out of a sense of drama to the situation, formed a bone with a long curve, both edges sharpened to a cutting blade. "En garde." Roger swiftly shifted into a fencing stance and thrust his bone sword forward.

Spoiler: Show
Going to let Roger take the hit there. Lesser Creation + Lesser Preservation for the bone sword. And an Aspect 1 use to attack (Intent 4), spending 1 TMP and 2 PMP for Strike 3

AMP: 4/5
DMP: 5/5
PMP: 5/5 -> 3/5
TMP: 1/5 -> 0/5

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
NICK AND EXCIE

In a dramatic conclusion, the Power of Obscurity becomes really blatantly obvious and flying piledrives a fake chain-demon six stories up into the pavement. In a burst of smokeless fire, cracked asphalt and cars rolling, the Shard is smashed into the ground painfully and loudly. When the dust settles, Excie can see nothing but chains in the crater she made. Limp, lifeless chains.

From above Nick can see the commotion brewing. There are bystanders, witnesses, wounded and curious. It's a circus down there and its rapidly getting worse. Boston doesn't have this kind of thing every day. The Shard seems to have dissapeared, leaving only mysterious chains behind.

The sound of distant police cars approaching start to wail. Excie is down there in the clearing dust cloud. At least all the smoke probably avoided any Dementia Animus. Only time will tell.

DURI, NATE and ATTARIS II

All around the three nobles, the voice of the Lonely Serpent, distressed and omnipresent, echoes.

"Bring this corpse to me," it hisses. "I would taste those who wish to do me harm. Where is Roger, perhaps he would prepare the Shard for me properly."

There is a slithering sound, as if the Serpent was all around you but leaving, the halls creaking and twisting as they do, as if in the Ymera's passing.

The dead Shard continues to be dead.

Last edited:

AsgarZigel

Has Gone Matchmaker Mad
Validated User
Duri breathed in, the dusty, slightly sweet air filling hair lungs. She felt it, every molecule, just like the stinging smoke down in the marshes below. She took a few steps, just a bit heavier here. A bit more purchase on the ground, slight footprints in the thin layer of dust on the ground, She could feel her clothes, the weight of her phone in her pocket, the vibrations of the voices of her family. It always felt so good, coming back into the Chancel. Here, she just felt a little bit more real.

Not too far away, she did notice the statue though. Or the lack thereof. It was a space where one of her statues ought to be, but there was none.

"I wouldn't be suprised if our brother also had to deal with one of these invaders. There seem to be a lot of Natalis running around.", Duri said to her siblings.

She pulled out her phone to send a message to Roger.

Duri: Hey >BoneMeal
Duri:
mother wants to eat something
Duri: she has a sudden craving for shard flesh
Duri: we got the ingredients in the temple, but need your expertise
OOC:
Using my phone anchor with a level 4 Treasure miracle to throw Roger a text message with my phone, he will get it telepathically if he doesn't have a phone, can't use it right now

Slybrarian

Self-Replicating Machine
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nate considers the corpse and whether he wants to touch it. He does a little Jedi wave and it lifts up and bobs gently mid-air, limbs dangling, like the world's most inappropriate balloon.

"It does seem like there's a lot of him, yeah. I didn't realize they could spin off so many at once."

OOC: A Lesser Creation of Motion.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
"Siblings," Attaris says in greeting, watching dispassionately as Nate levitates the dead monster.

"This is the second Rider I have faced in the last few hours," she says heavily, "The first still lives but has left the region and seems to be no danger at this time, This one is dead and, therefore, is not currently a danger, though I will be happy once it is quite digested. One can never tell."

AsgarZigel

Has Gone Matchmaker Mad
Validated User
"There were two more of them making a fuss at the Orphanage. I gave them a ghost that gave me some trouble get rid of them, but that might have been a mistake. They're definitely up to something."

She points out the dharmic thread connected to the wound at her arm.

"I managed to attach this to it though, so we should be able to find them. Plan is to mess them up and get the doll back.
Ghost. Ghost doll.
Bound it into a doll to protect the Orphanage."

JaneBond

Saint of Obscurity
Validated User
NICK AND EXCIE

In a dramatic conclusion, the Power of Obscurity becomes really blatantly obvious and flying piledrives a fake chain-demon six stories down into the pavement. In a burst of smokeless fire, cracked asphalt and cars rolling, the Shard is smashed into the ground painfully and loudly. When the dust settles, Excie can see nothing but chains in the crater she made. Limp, lifeless chains.

From above Nick can see the commotion brewing. There are bystanders, witnesses, wounded and curious. It's a circus down there and its rapidly getting worse. Boston doesn't have this kind of thing every day. The Shard seems to have disappeared, leaving only mysterious chains behind.

The sound of distant police cars approaching start to wail. Excie is down there in the clearing dust cloud. At least all the smoke probably avoided any Dementia Animus. Only time will tell.
With only chains left in her hands, surrounded in dust, Excie wondered if she had destroyed the Shard. It was like in a movie, if you can't find the body were they really dead? She wasn't sure if the Shard was a piece of Hather or how many pieces made up the Excrucian whole. But she was sure that she didn't want to be caught standing around here when the police showed up. She didn't have time for that, she had to rescue her friends.

She had faced this sort of problem back in the town Hather had kept her in. It was like he had been training her to use her powers all this time. She didn't exactly feel like thanking him, not after he had attacked her with some demon with his voice. Nonetheless, she put to use what she had learned. She summoned up the essence of Obscurity, wrapping herself and her movements with the protective power of her Estate. When she darted toward's Nick's building again (remarking at how well it had survived being lifted off of it's foundation and dropped during the conflict), she left behind only fuzzy memories, out of focus camera snaps and vague descriptions. Most of Bostonians on the street forgot her entirely.

She dashed up the stairs towards Nick. She wasn't sure what she was going to do next but she knew she could count on her newfound friend.

OOC: Doing a Lesser Enchantment of Obscurity on myself to glide out of that situation and head back to Nick.

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
MYTHIC CYMRU

The flowers surround the Excrucian and the Power of Bones, signaling the immanent arrival of their draconic master and Emmerich Natalis' sworn foe. The symbols of friendship attempted to ensnare the two, but with a wave of his hand the Shard obliterated the flowers, and the friendship they nursed in his heart. He had no time for these foolish games. He was in a sword fight.

Roger's phone buzzed but he didn't pick it up right away. The skeletal Sovereign instead lunged with his hastily summoned bone sword, but Natalis moved with a flawless grace, effortlessly catching the weapon and turning it into dust in his fingers.

"Fix Iolithae Septimian, Gothic, or I will have your head!" He reached out with his dark power, turning the World Breaker's Hand on Roger. He attempted to do the same thing he had done to his sword to the Dominus Ossium, all but for his skull.

Unfortunately, he should have been watching his own skull. Distracted by his magics, Artus dramatically returned and bit into him, hungry for the shadow of Regret he bore. The Shard screamed, suddenly snatched up into the dragon's maw. He was tough, far tougher than human, but in the jaws of a dragon he was so much meat.

OOC: Roger's gift gets knocked out with a sustained Treasure 6 miracle, or at least that's the resistance to overcome it as long as the Shard keeps the effect going.

Artus does a Treausure 5 attack on Roger and the Shard of Natalis, trying to make them friends. I suppose there's little reason for the Shard to resist, he feels the friendship, and then he turns his hand inward and destroys itself. Friendship status cancelled.
Roger does an Aspect 1 attack, but that operates on the mortal scale, his intention is good but the opposition is fierce. The Shard can catch the blade, it has Aspect 3 and you're just doing an effectively mundane action, Strike or no. More than that, it uses the World Breaker's Hand to wreck your sword.

Then it tries to wreck you, everything but your head. World Breaker's Hand is a Lesser Destruction (Miracle level 5) with no Strike. He would be in to you spending some time as just a skull.

Then Artus bites him, and since he's occupied with his two miracles on Roger he really can't do anything to defend himself. Roger gets him in his jaws but finds he's pretty chewy (Durant Gift), but he does end up taking a Serious Wound (mangled by dragon jaws).

BOSTON

Excie left the chains, the crater and the scene of the crime behind and dashed towards Nick. Nick had a life always filled with danger and from above he could see the police arrive and step out of their cars, working their way through the gawking crowd and examining the situation.

Nobody saw anything clearly. Everyone's descriptions of the event were vague. There were a few pictures but all of them were blurred and useless. One drunk vagrant insisted a young girl had smashed an ifrit into the pavement like some luchador, but nobody believed them.

Passing by Nick's office, Excie could see what the Shard had said was true. The window to the office was still broken (she herself had broke it, deflecting a missile) and her friends were all gone. Also Nick's secretaries. All of them.

Her phone buzzed. It was a telepathic text. It was short enough the preview on her lock screen told her the content of the message. It was from Hather. It just said 'Come back home'.

THE OSSEOUS TEMPLE

The entire corridor the three Powers were in shifted, twisting within the puzzle cathedral before realigning with a different chamber. Here an enormous avatar of the Lonely Serpent rested. Taking up a massive room like a football stadium, the humongous Ymera lay coiled among itself, shrouded in smoke, surrounded in bones piled high. Even when it slept things around it seemed always in motion, bones rolling, smoke separating into unique colours around it.

The avatar flicked a huge tongue as three of its Powers entered her den. The Shard bobbing behind Nate caught its attention. The Serpent never had problems seeing Duri and it related to Attaris II like few other living creatures did. This was Her, your Lady. Mwg Hell hissed and a telepathic voice entered your minds, slithering in your bones, filling your lungs with smoke.

"This is a diversionary tactic," it said. "The Strategist works in multiple layers of intrigue, a subject I know all too well. The question is, my children, while you were all distracted with Emmerich and his allies, what pocket was he picking?"

It eyed the Shard again, hungrily.

Last edited:

Insertname

Validated User
Mythic Cymru

Artus swallows the Excrucian shard whole, or at least as whole as the mangled bloody creature still is, into the furnace belly of the dragon, the fires burn, but not so sharply as the hungers. Artus pours into the creature the hungers of Hell, awakens fury and vengeance and wickedness in his opposition. Carefully Artus shifts that hunger into a focused point.

All your rage, Artus thinks, Into my heart.

And the blade follows the course of nature, of anger, of hate, of the inevitable animosity between the Not and Creation, and even more so between Emmerich Natalis and Dragons, the great gaping emptiness that rushed to engulf and destroy the shinning wonder...

The blade struck home, but Artus's heart belongs to Cymru, and is not in his chest. The blade struck into the stone, the heart of a mountain, Artus had traded with his heart. The blade sank into the stone as a knife slides into hot flesh. The stone bled Artus's blood, but also the fresh spring waters of the mountain, pouring over it, anointing it, as it drew within the stone and fused with it.

The dragon roared out with mindless, hungry triumph.

Spoiler: Show
So, here's the breakdown:

Artus swallowing the Excrucian is mostly flavor, since I've already chewed him up. If he really wants to resist, not a big deal, but it's also not harming him mechanically. Just giving him the opportunity to cut his way out, like heroes do.

Once inside, Artus uses Persona 4 (oof) to awaken the hungers of Hell in the shard, causing him to bring the blade to bear right at Artus's heart...

Persona 4. Lacks any true Bond to work with this particular action (even though the plan fits one). I'll chuck 2 DMP and 1 PMP at it for 3 Strike, just to be safe.

Only, of course, Artus's heart isn't strictly there.

Once the blade strikes home, Artus takes the bleeding wound of it all, to draw the blade into the mountain heart within him, to make it one with him.

That's right, Treasure 6 Miracle to claim a Miraculous Anchor. 4 Strike from 'I take what I want' and let's throw the rest of my DMP into it to make that 7 Strike.

Technically if this works the HG gets to declare what the associated Wound is and what level the wound is.
Can't speak to Level too much (I think if I was HG I'd rule this one Serious... but that's fairly arbitrary. I would not argue with it being Deadly. I'd be surprised if it was Surface, but if that makes sense for some reason I'd roll with it).

But, I would suggest something like:

Regret cuts the Heart

Last edited:
Top Bottom