[Nobilis] Evil Friends

Slybrarian

Self-Replicating Machine
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Well," Nate says, "it's probably a good thing the newbie didn't see that. Be a bit of an awkward first impression."

Last edited:

Insertname

Validated User
Osseus Temple
Slybrarian Slybrarian EnigmaticOne EnigmaticOne

Artus stares back at the Serpent as she retreats away after the meal. There is a brief clash of emotions. Disgust at the Ymera devouring so human a meal, and envy for her not sharing.

"The sooner the 'newbie'," for a man raised speaking English, Artus somehow manages to make the loanword sound entirely wrong between his Cymric words, "Sees, the better. No sense having a soldier unprepared for the worst."

Artus turns to Roger. "So, is the silly celebration off, or shall I re-invite the prospective victims to another locale?"

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Roger Gothic

"We'll just incorporate it with the one for our arriving member." Roger calmly replied, not going to let Artus wriggle out of this.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Nick points out things as Excie and he approach the temple. Including a pillar of smoke at the top. "The smoke there is special. You can get answers if you stare into it long enough; I spend most of my time here staring into the smoke, trying to get somewhere with the stranger investigations the war produces."

JaneBond

Saint of Obscurity
Validated User
Excie walked alongside Nick past the bony brick walls and felt a tingle go down her body. It was both an eerie feeling and one of excitement and awe. This place was like nothing she had ever seen and yet somehow it felt familiar. Being here it felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders, even with everything that was going on. She felt powerful, like her power was in her hands, instead of hidden deep within her. Here things seemed to always be moving, it should be disorienting, but it wasn’t. She felt like she was almost a part of it.

The eyes in the shadows watched as she smiled at them. It had been a long time since she had been afraid of monsters. The real monsters weren't the ones in the shadows, they were usually the ones right in front of you. Nothing in this place felt human. She took a deep breath in and looked above her at the pink skies. It wasn’t pretty and it certainly could use a woman’s touch, well a human’s touch, but oddly it felt like home, a feeling she never had in Obscurity.

She stopped, suddenly staring at the ancient hieroglyphs. They looked like writing she had never seen but they had an ambiguous nature to them, vaguely reminding her of herself. She ran her hand across them and without thinking, as if on reflex began to bring meaning to these ancient pictographs. She didn’t say anything to Nick, she just kept walking towards the temple. When they approached the steps she saw how grand the ziggurat really was.

Nick waves towards everything with his cigar. "Another facet of the war," he says to his new found sister, "our home base of sorts. Though I keep running the detective agency because it is a part of me, and I spend a fair amount of time on cases through it." He frowns. "Usually it doesn't get hit so hard in things, but that's war."
Home. That was all Excie needed to hear from Nick. She couldn’t wait to meet the others.

"Yeah we did get hit pretty hard back there, us and your office," she said racing up the stairs. "You have no idea how much this means to me, I know this can't be super convient for you. New girl shows up and now your office is all messed up and your secretaries got kidnapped. Thank you for guiding me here. You really are a good guy Nick!"

She looks back and notices she is substantially ahead of him. "C'mon Nick! I know you're a smoker but geez! I was telling you how great you are and how thankful I am!"

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
THE LONELY LOCUS

As Nick and Excie mount the crumbling temple building, they get closer and closer to the pit of smoke Nick uses to find visions. Inside are all sorts of strange moving figures the two Nobles somewhat recognize. The chain demon, crafted the smokeless flame, with the voice of Hather Cristnos. The rocket launcher wielding Shard of Emmerich Natalis. The muffled screams of Excie's friends and Nick's secretaries. A gathering of menacing figures with eyes filled with falling stars.

As they reach the top, the hovering spherical Osseous Temple comes directly overhead. There is a ladder like protrusion that dangles down for Nobles looking to grab a lift. The temple's shadow falls over the precognitive smoke and dashes away any recognizable forms within.

Within the Osseous Temple, the rest of the Familia could see from Sarff Unig's agitation that the Domina Obscuritas was growing closer. Her tail flicked and her demeanor grew restless. She never stopped moving but her smoky, boney form began to pace nervously, or whatever the Aaron's Serpent version of that would be. "She is here," the Ymera hisses. "Fetch her, bring her to me. I would have my Familia Potens be complete!"

Slybrarian

Self-Replicating Machine
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nate sighs and refrains from commenting on the fact that the imperator has waited upteen eons and a few more minutes is while they take a stroll is unlikely to hurt anything. Instead he reaches out to make sure his siblings take a speedy, direct route - or possibly that a speedy, direct route takes them, given the nature of the chancel.

OOC: A Motion of Motion. Free with the chancel discount.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
"I think the heart of the family's eager to see us," Nick says as the visions dissipate and the way to the temple becomes faster.

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
In a scene that had to be lived to believe, the two Nobles were drawn swifter to the ziggurat’s zenith and lifted higher still, swept up in an invisible motive force. The Osseous Temple shifted and seemed to open up, ancient stones unfurling like a Venus flytrap.

For a brief suspended moment, Nick and Excie were in midair, drifting towards the Temple, wreathed in sacred smoke, and could see the infinite complexity of the yawning puzzle sphere opening like a predator ready to swallow them up. It was surreal and marvellous simultaneously.

And then they were in the flying building's belly. The opening snatched shut behind them as they were pulled ever inward. The architecture on the inside was dark and mysterious, filled with ornate statuary and thick black stone. It shifted around them, time and space seeming to fold in on itself in an effort to pull them deeper into the strange fortresses heart.

With a creaking thunder as the rooms smashed into each other, a final passageway opened and the Powers of Smoke and Obscurity were in the presence of not only most of Excie's newfound family, but something greater still.

A divine Serpent carved of Smoke and Bone, burning with hellish fire and dreadful loneliness slithers about the back of the enormous chamber, nearly filling it. It's size is immense but frustratingly vague. It felt like the young Noble was in the presence of the most holy secret, the most Obscure truths, her mother, her mentor, her goddess and queen and much more as well. She was ineffable and majestic. She was Excie's Ymera.

"My child," Hoso Pinco hissed in a voice that resonated deep in her skeleton.

Speaking of which there was a skeleton here. And two men and a vague barely there presence. At some point Attaris II had slipped away. Guess they would have to save their introduction for later.

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
Or, perhaps Attaris hadn't stepped away.

Suddenly she was there, at the head of the procession. Upon her head was her crown of Endings, the badge of her office, all broken clocks and sharpened pencil nubs. She raises on bloody hand and reaches out to the newest member of their Familia.

"I am Attaris II, Magister, Regal of Endings."

"Welcome, sister."

Top Bottom