• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Nobilis] Recurtment

fictionfan

Validated User
I am currently playing 2 Nobilis games right now and I decided that I am still not getting enough. To that end I decided that I want to run a game.

Prospective players should give 3 character idea.

fictionfan

Validated User
Maybe the Nobilis market is a bit saturated. Ether that or I suck at making recruitment threads.

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
I know I've been checking regularly to see a post like this. I'm in to play.

Edit: Might not be helping that you typo'd recruitment in the thread title.

Last edited:

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
I'm scratching my chin and thinking about it.

I'm in a couple other Nobilis games as a player, and between that and running a game I'm starting to run out of Nobilis creativity. On the other hand, both the games I'm a player in are struggling to get off the ground.

What kind of game are you going to run? What interests you about being Hollyhock God?

fictionfan

Validated User
Mostly it's because lately I have been getting a lot of ideas for characters that only really work as NPC's. Especially Excrucians. So the game would be rather focused on the war. Besides that I really would have to see the characters and see how they all fit together.

fictionfan

Validated User
I most certainly hope so! I'm hoping to get about 8 players because I just know some people are going to drop and I want to keep the game rolling when they do. It's a bit like a rocket you keep jettisoning parts till only the payload is left.

Last edited:

Yadal

Validated User
Alright, some concepts.

Power-wise, I'd like to experiment with a time-travelling Power. You can decide the rules for dealing with how it works, since it isn't clear from Nobilis proper, but I think it would be interesting however we go about it. The two bits which appeal to be in particular are:
-Time travel short distances to 'do-over' things as a power
-The massively complicated things which can occur with different characters in different time periods indirectly affecting each other

As for three possible concepts(sketches only. My apologies, but I've got some writer's block right now):

A: The Loyalist. Is loyal to a human faction, person, or persons- completely loyal. They don't care about anything else- they just serve the object of their loyalty, even over their Imperator. There are several ways this could go- from creepy stalker (love interest), obsessive family man/loyalist to friends (family/friends), to fanatical idealogue (of nation or idelogy). In any event, part of the conflict is that there is a single human figure that they will obey even above their Imperator, and their Imperator knows this. Presumably, he doesn't like it.

B: The Tempted. A Power who is all too human psycologically, with powers other than time travel that give him considerable influence over human mortals (but not anybody else- too expensive). His storyline is based on the struggle with temptation to take advantage of mortals in various ways. He wants to be a good person on some level, but has problems with making excessive amounts of rationalisations to himself for his actions.

C: The Wannabe Mortal. A variant of the Loyalist here, as I'm stuck for ideas. This character would really, really prefer to simply keep living his ordinary human life and doesn't want to be a Power at all. Too bad he doesn't really have a choice about that. His ultimate goal is to force his Imperator to release him from his responsiblities, permanently. Has a lot of 'ordinary' pressures on his time- jobs, girl he has a crush on, friends to keep in touch with, etc which clash with what the Imperator may desire.

fictionfan

Validated User
I like the idea of a time-traveling power. However I really don't like the idea of "do-over". That leads to alternate universes and from there the complexity increases exponentially. I am a great believer that when it comes to time travel there are no paradoxes and that it is the responsibility of the traveler to make sure of it. I like to follow the Continuum roleplaying game laws of time travel. Likely would be easy to do if you just take a bound to that effect.

I don't mind going back in time and doing stuff, but no paradoxes.

Last edited:

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
With 8 people that seems like there should be room for something lighthearted among this war tribe. Can I pitch my Power of Summer Camp?

Top Bottom