• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Nobilis] The deeper meaning [IC]

fictionfan

Validated User
It was a day just like any other. However today was different. Today was a beginning.

Brad Saunders
It is the late hour of school. The seconds tick by like hours. The air crackles with anticipation. Everyone is waiting for the beginning of summer.

Joseph Knight
Even in the astral plane anticipation grows steadily. For in one hour the planets will come into line and a gateway will open between the astral plane and prosaic earth.

Michael
Michael is waiting. Something big will happen this hour. His Tarot deck foretells it.

Attaris II, Magister
The end of school is coming. It is important to wrap up lose ends.

Daryl Hughes
Is walking down the street when everyone around him puts on dark sun glasses and turns to look at him. The closest one say "Hello my lost self. Ready to breck free from your chains?"

Spoiler: Show

Lesser enchantment of Scelto of the Provenance.

OOC thread
The wiki

Last edited:

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
Brad take a moment from his target practice to revel in the dreams of campers. Today is one of those days where all of his worshipers spend at least a few moments dreaming about camp that year. How they'll be, what they'll take, what kind of costumes to bring. He lets his consciousness flow out, touching hear and there, listening to his Estate and growing excited. His thoughts turn to his task in the Chancel, to the camp he is to be starting. Soon the hard work will begin, but for today, he just lets the magic of anticipation feel him.

Technically I'm using a lesser divination, but I'm not actually trying to learn anything, just feel and listen

Serpents

Validated User
Joseph had seldom left the Astral Plane for several months now. He sulked about in his private retreat, a psychedelic tea garden at hand. An assortment of scrying portals directed his attention toward this or that. Most of them displayed his Mortal Self, Mr. Knight. He was enjoying a quiet meal with his family. They were content in their ignorance of the mythic world. Joseph reached out to them, as if on his death bed, and let his arm fall limp at his side. He had devoted considerable resources to preventing today from happening... yet here it was. The planets conspired to align and open the gateway to his domain.

"But I AM the gateway! All things Astral come and go through me..."

He rubbed his temples with a great sigh, to no one in particular. What did this mean? Would he be unable to contain the denizens of his realm? Could things freely walk through him to either side? If so, it was best to lock himself up in the Astral Plane. Whatever crossed through him would be at a disadvantage here. But there was another possibility: Mr. Knight. If he was also the gateway to the Astral Realm, by virtue of being his Mortal Self... what untold wonders would come to pass in the waking world?

Joseph poured himself a cup of tea. He let the vapor flare up his nostrils before downing it in one quick slurp. It was time to get to work. The majesty of his estate washed over him as he combed over it for any irregularity.

I want to do an Estate Divination as a level 4 miracle. It gets a free 4 strike :D Basically, I just want to know if my estate is in danger, if there is any strange activity going on and where, etc. Also... if anyone would like to start having tea with Joseph, feel free. Maybe he invited you there to see if you could help him with his problems.

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
"Um ... no. Hey Scelto," responded Daryl, brushing off the ineffective miracle like a mosquito buzzing around his head. "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm Daryl Hughes, the one and only. I'm not you, for as much as you have a concept of such distinctions."

He looked at all the poor people around him, claimed by Scelto. They had their identities overlaid, the corrupting nature of the Deceiver adorning them like ill-fitting clothes. Underneath they were still themselves but for now they were just appendages of a greater evil.

"You wanna get a soda or something?" he asked the nearest, shades wearing Scelto. "Also, I thought I told you not to come to Hell's Kitchen anymore. Did I tell the wrong one? Which one of you is the one who listens? C'mon."

He headed towards the nearest corner store. He knew this neighborhood like the back of his hand; he was essentially it's guardian, though he liked to focus on the orphans. There were a lot of people in Hell's Kitchen and Daryl wasn't going to let the Provenance just swallow them up so easily. He was thirsty though, and he was hoping one of the Scelto's might be to. Maybe they'd hit up a rooftop and have another long talk about the nature of identity.

He wished the people underneath the Scelto masks would find themselves, and that wish became a blessing.

I cannot be Scelto, a 5 pt Affliction surrounds me with an Auctoritas insisting that I am Daryl Hughes, the one and only. Unless he had 5 strike on that, in which case I may have to do an Enchantment of Daryl Hughes just to reinforce it. Either way, I ain't becoming Scelto, and I should probably work on saving all these people he has Sceltofied.

I think I will, I do a Lesser Preservation of Identity on all but one of the Sceltos present, strengthening the underlying personality he Enchanted to reinforce itself, resist the possession and reclaim it's rightful position as the primary identity. For that miracle I'll throw in 1 strike from "I can tell anyone who they are except for me."

Last edited:

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
Deep in the woods around Camp Anganot is a large Oak tree, taller than any of the trees around it. And in this tree there is a door, and a little window, and a chimney that merrily puffs smoke when the stove is on. Inside the tree is a quaint little home, where lives a sweet little girl.

It is a horrible place, and the spirits of the land and trees recoil from it in fear.

[HR][/HR]

Inside her tree-house, Eilonwey Tane is busy baking a rhubarb pie. She's turned her oven and her tools into her terrible Playthings, but she's using her own skill to put all of her love into this pie.

Eilonwey's going to put 4 Will into the Passion "I want to be Free (2)" to make this pie. Buttering up her captors is the first step towards freedom! Not to mention her Playthings should help make it good.

She hums happily to herself, but she can feel the way the spirits of everything around her want to pull away, want to avoid the unnatural blasphemy that she is, the way they fear what she could make of them.

"Bunch of babies" she thinks to herself.

[HR][/HR]

After finding out whatever he wanted to about his Estate, Brad is pulled back to his body by a voice calling his name:

"Hey Brad! Hey Brad! Hey Brad! Hey Brad... Oh, hey Brad."

Eilonwey is standing in front of him, holding a pie. She has suddenly realized she might just have interrupted something. She stares down at her pie, too embarrassed to meet Brad's eyes.

"Um... I... um... You weren't busy, were you?

"Well, I was just wondering if you knew where Daryl was. We had a bit of a fight earlier, and so I made him this pie. So... you can't have any. Sorry. But if you want to come back to my place later, I could make you dinner?"

She looks up at Brad with hope in her empty, dead eyes.

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
After finding out whatever he wanted to about his Estate, Brad is pulled back to his body by a voice calling his name:

"Hey Brad! Hey Brad! Hey Brad! Hey Brad... Oh, hey Brad."

Eilonwey is standing in front of him, holding a pie. She has suddenly realized she might just have interrupted something. She stares down at her pie, too embarrassed to meet Brad's eyes.

"Um... I... um... You weren't busy, were you?

"Well, I was just wondering if you knew where Daryl was. We had a bit of a fight earlier, and so I made him this pie. So... you can't have any. Sorry. But if you want to come back to my place later, I could make you dinner?"

She looks up at Brad with hope in her empty, dead eyes.
Brad blinks and ignores Pipers mental message of 'It's her.' He shakes his head to clear some of the lingering remains of his immersion in camp love and addresses Eilonwey.

"No, just taking some target practice. I haven't seen any of Daryl today, I'm guessing he's out and about in the prosaic. Dinner is a maybe, I was hoping to get the lounge raised today. Maybe the art cabin too."

Brad takes a deep breath, holds it and fires off a final shot, slightly left of the center. Piper giggles an 'I told you you were canting.'

"And I'm not sure Daryl's issues with you can be solved with pie. Loudly telling someone that there family hates them often takes more in the form of words. Words you actually mean."

Brad takes a deep sniff.

"Still, that smells good and it certainly can't hurt. Unless he doesn't like rhubarb. "

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
Brad blinks and ignores Pipers mental message of 'It's her.' He shakes his head to clear some of the lingering remains of his immersion in camp love and addresses Eilonwey.

"No, just taking some target practice. I haven't seen any of Daryl today, I'm guessing he's out and about in the prosaic.
"Ugh, Great. I don't suppose you want to let me out to go look for him?"

Dinner is a maybe, I was hoping to get the lounge raised today. Maybe the art cabin too."
"Oh! Great! How long can it take to build some cabins? Can't you just wave your hands around and do it in an instant?"

"And I'm not sure Daryl's issues with you can be solved with pie. Loudly telling someone that there family hates them often takes more in the form of words. Words you actually mean."
"Yeah, well, he started it. He shouldn't have made it personal.

"Anyway, I keep trying to be nice to him but he just never believes me no matter what I do! What does Scelto have that I don't, huh?"

Brad takes a deep sniff.

"Still, that smells good and it certainly can't hurt. Unless he doesn't like rhubarb. "
"Thanks. You can have it if he doesn't want it."

fictionfan

Validated User
"Um ... no. Hey Scelto," responded Daryl, brushing off the ineffective miracle like a mosquito buzzing around his head. "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm Daryl Hughes, the one and only. I'm not you, for as much as you have a concept of such distinctions."

He looked at all the poor people around him, claimed by Scelto. They had their identities overlaid, the corrupting nature of the Deceiver adorning them like ill-fitting clothes. Underneath they were still themselves but for now they were just appendages of a greater evil.

"You wanna get a soda or something?" he asked the nearest, shades wearing Scelto. "Also, I thought I told you not to come to Hell's Kitchen anymore. Did I tell the wrong one? Which one of you is the one who listens? C'mon."

He headed towards the nearest corner store. He knew this neighborhood like the back of his hand; he was essentially it's guardian, though he liked to focus on the orphans. There were a lot of people in Hell's Kitchen and Daryl wasn't going to let the Provenance just swallow them up so easily. He was thirsty though, and he was hoping one of the Scelto's might be to. Maybe they'd hit up a rooftop and have another long talk about the nature of identity.

He wished the people underneath the Scelto masks would find themselves, and that wish became a blessing.

I cannot be Scelto, a 5 pt Affliction surrounds me with an Auctoritas insisting that I am Daryl Hughes, the one and only. Unless he had 5 strike on that, in which case I may have to do an Enchantment of Daryl Hughes just to reinforce it. Either way, I ain't becoming Scelto, and I should probably work on saving all these people he has Sceltofied.

I think I will, I do a Lesser Preservation of Identity on all but one of the Sceltos present, strengthening the underlying personality he Enchanted to reinforce itself, resist the possession and reclaim it's rightful position as the primary identity. For that miracle I'll throw in 1 strike from "I can tell anyone who they are except for me."

He didn't target you yet. Also he has 5 strike from the bond "wouldn't you rather be me?"

"I heard you. I always hear you. I don't keep secrets from myself. I hate how creation has taught you to do that. I just want to know if you have changed your mind yet."

Last edited:

fictionfan

Validated User
Brad take a moment from his target practice to revel in the dreams of campers. Today is one of those days where all of his worshipers spend at least a few moments dreaming about camp that year. How they'll be, what they'll take, what kind of costumes to bring. He lets his consciousness flow out, touching hear and there, listening to his Estate and growing excited. His thoughts turn to his task in the Chancel, to the camp he is to be starting. Soon the hard work will begin, but for today, he just lets the magic of anticipation feel him.

Technically I'm using a lesser divination, but I'm not actually trying to learn anything, just feel and listen
You find that in a school in evil world there are my prospective campers. In fact your IMP seems to have invited them. No telling what sort of behind the sense dealing brought this on. Surly your IMP just hadn't gotten around to telling you yet!

Last edited:

fictionfan

Validated User
Joseph had seldom left the Astral Plane for several months now. He sulked about in his private retreat, a psychedelic tea garden at hand. An assortment of scrying portals directed his attention toward this or that. Most of them displayed his Mortal Self, Mr. Knight. He was enjoying a quiet meal with his family. They were content in their ignorance of the mythic world. Joseph reached out to them, as if on his death bed, and let his arm fall limp at his side. He had devoted considerable resources to preventing today from happening... yet here it was. The planets conspired to align and open the gateway to his domain.

"But I AM the gateway! All things Astral come and go through me..."

He rubbed his temples with a great sigh, to no one in particular. What did this mean? Would he be unable to contain the denizens of his realm? Could things freely walk through him to either side? If so, it was best to lock himself up in the Astral Plane. Whatever crossed through him would be at a disadvantage here. But there was another possibility: Mr. Knight. If he was also the gateway to the Astral Realm, by virtue of being his Mortal Self... what untold wonders would come to pass in the waking world?

Joseph poured himself a cup of tea. He let the vapor flare up his nostrils before downing it in one quick slurp. It was time to get to work. The majesty of his estate washed over him as he combed over it for any irregularity.

I want to do an Estate Divination as a level 4 miracle. It gets a free 4 strike :D Basically, I just want to know if my estate is in danger, if there is any strange activity going on and where, etc. Also... if anyone would like to start having tea with Joseph, feel free. Maybe he invited you there to see if you could help him with his problems.
Your estate is in no danger but in an hour people double ganers are going to start being able to force there way though mirrors.

Top Bottom