• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Nobilis] The deeper meaning [ooc]

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
Adding this here(and adding in Michael) for ease of reference.

Eilonwey Tane: She's an excrutcian, a cut and dry enemy of the world. But she's also kinda a child. And while the servant of the Light that stirs inside Brad's brain calls for her to be destroyed, the rest of Brad doesn't feel quite the same. Not that he always lets that show, and under no circumstances will he ever let her around his campers unsupervised, but her crush is cute, if strange. Her dislike of camp tends to give him a head ache, but he's getting used to it.

That said if any of the family are going to drive Brad to a whiskey and a cigarette, it's probably Eilonwey.

Attaris II, Power of Endings: Brad wants to like Attaris. He certainly doesn't dislike her. But there are times when he thinks that Eilonwey is closer to human. Attaris will end it all, for whatever that might mean, and for all that Brad hates the war he's not sure he really wants the age to change. Will there be a place for him?

Still, Camp without end would be a cult and eventually lose it's fun and power. And for the child of Lord Entropy, Attaris shows a heart. So Brad keeps trying to get closer. Family is family.

Joseph Knight, Marquis of Reflections: Brad never knows what to say to Joseph. Mostly because he's not sure which side he's talking to most of the time. He likes Joseph though, likes having someone around who reacts to things more normally than any of the rest of them. for certain definitions of normal. He worries what might become of his "nieces" now that their father is caught up in the Valde Bellum. The best he can do is to promise them free passage to any camp they so choose.

Daryl Hughes, Power of Identity: Brad feels for Daryl. It's hard sometimes for Brad to remember that Daryl is a power and fellow Noble, seeing only the confused, uncomfortable youth at the core, not the Power. More than any of his other siblings, Brad feels that Daryl needs him, needs the things that camp can provide, but doesn't want to push too hard. Camp isn't about changing people, though maybe in this case...

Michael, Power of Cycles: Brad likes Michael most of the time, but sees his partying and con's as annoyances as often as they are amusement. His status as redeemer is something Brad can get behind. Brad has certainly caught on the Michael isn't the most enthusiastic person in the world about camp, but is seeing that as a challenge. Brad does everything he can to ignore the Tarot deck, loudly humming "Unwritten" with his fingers in his ears most of the times the deck is being used. The future isn't to be known in the present.

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
You forgot about me! That probably means it's time to put my character on the wiki!

Sorry I keep putting it off; I'm getting a huge Legends of Wulin game off the ground and it takes a hellacious amount of prep.

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
More than any Nobilis character I've ever seen, I am pretty much impossible to turn into anything other than who I am.

Baffle Mint

Eastern Bloc Robot Cowboy
Validated User
Oh, some extra Eilonwey Tane bookkeeping things:

Second Skins: According to the Antithesis book, I describe these in general terms, and the Hollyhock God actually stats them out. The one's she's got are:

Plinth, Power of Puppets: This noble is a pillar of moonrock that has congealed around something terrible. It's a prison for something dangerous to Creation, but it really just wants to put on entertaining puppet shows. I'm hoping for him to be the high Domain type, if that's okay.

Minx the Muffin Sprite, Power of Advertisements: Minx was an advertising mascot for a now-defunct muffin mix company. He's in the midst of a long midlife crisis about not having a product to sell anymore.

I did up whole Lifepaths for them here.

Does Eilonwey get the Chancel Miracle Discount?

Who's in charge of Eilonwey's key, ultimately? Or does everybody just share in that duty?

Aincumis

Shichibukai
Validated User
Maybe Excrucians get the MP discount in the Lands Beyond Creation.

I like how our brief exchange from the setup thread has spilled into the game.

"Well I hate this place, I'm outta here!" goes and sulks off to New York City.

I figure Lesser Enchantments of Scelto of the Provenance is how the man says hello.

Last edited:

Cyrith

The Emerald Flame
Validated User
Brad would want the key holding duty to be shared, but would likely have only voiced that opinion if someone suggested he take it.

I was looking at my character and unless I miss my math, I think I have 2 Character Points yet to spend. So I may be adding some things, and I likely need someone to double check my math.

Edit: No, wait, only 1. I forgot to count my extra starting MP.

Last edited:

Xanoxt

Validated User
@fictionfan, I've activated lvl 6 Unleashing Miracles with chancel discount, if you be so kind as to describe what the cards are to tell me. I'll ICly show what happens as appropriate.

@familia, I kind of have a table with tea, and while my place isn't permanent enough to be rightfully called "war room", more like "war tent", um, so question is: Can I use the newly installed PA system to talk also?

Top Bottom