💀 Necro Nordic THQ has bought the Kingdom of Amalur IP

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Kingdoms of Amalur is on the Xbox Marketplace for $20, and another $20 for the DLC packs.
Excellent price for a gem of a game.

awesomeocalypse

Validated User
i always felt like this game really suffered because of its release date. iirc, it came out in the same 6 month period as Skyrim, Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. basically any fantasy rpg was gonna look underwhelming against that sort of competition. in another time it might have been better received

Jack

Wave Man
Validated User
Its a neat game and I'm glad its not deady dead dead, but I feel like unless it had a new version that got a serious push and was just amazing? It can't count on much fan boosting from the original.

That said, that shouldn't stop them from trying and making a great game. I just hope nobody at THQ thinks they're getting much of an Amalur fan boost.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Its a neat game and I'm glad its not deady dead dead, but I feel like unless it had a new version that got a serious push and was just amazing? It can't count on much fan boosting from the original.

That said, that shouldn't stop them from trying and making a great game. I just hope nobody at THQ thinks they're getting much of an Amalur fan boost.
I think even fans would necessarily jump on it right away after Darksiders 3.
Aside of anything else, DS3 has cut down on open world aspect of the game series, and that something even more important for KoA.

Sjogre

Validated User
i always felt like this game really suffered because of its release date. iirc, it came out in the same 6 month period as Skyrim, Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. basically any fantasy rpg was gonna look underwhelming against that sort of competition. in another time it might have been better received
Even with that, it actually sold decently for the first entry of a new property. But there was some kind of super financial fuck-up behind the scenes, so even a smash hit might not have been enough.

I think even fans would necessarily jump on it right away after Darksiders 3.
Aside of anything else, DS3 has cut down on open world aspect of the game series, and that something even more important for KoA.
Enh. First, not even Darksiders II had much of an open world, and neither of the others really took steps in that direction.

Second... Why on Earth does that matter? It's not like a new Amalur game would be made by highlighting Darksiders III and hitting Ctrl+C. An Amalur sequel doesn't have to be a copy of the first game, either, and could go for a smaller scope.

I just played Darksiders III and after seeing this thread come up I kinda want a crossover. The end of the game gave an easy way to do something fun with that.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Welp I'm playing again.
Just as fun and I'm having a blast.
Direct download to the harddrive and no problems so far.

SelectiveHonesty

Validated User
I don't say this often but I wouldn't mind a smaller sequel, the first game was fun and I completed it could stand to be a tighter experience.

Top Bottom