• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

North Seattle, Exalted Group

bwridge

Validated User
Play Location/Method: I have two possible locations in mind, Gary's Games and Hobbies on Greenwood and 85th or Fantastic Games and Toys in Lynwood

Game/System: Exalted

Player or GM? I'm willing to GM, but I'm new to the game. If someone else wants to take over the duties, that's fine.

Time/Frequency: Flexible, but at least once a week

Current needs: Trying to get a group going. Maybe 4-6 people, preferably a mature group.

No drop-ins... no spectators.

This is all very early in the planning stages, so don't flip if it doesn't pan out. I'll talk with Scott at Fantastic Games and Toys and see about running a game there (he's invited me to do so before). If that doesn't work, I'll talk with Gary. Of course, other suggestions are welcome if someone knows a good place to play.

PM me if you're interested, or leave a note here... I'll keep you updated.

Brian

Last edited:

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
I'm interested! I just re-read my copy of Exalted CRB this very week and wanted to play (I played one con session only at last year's Dragonmeet).

Gary's is more convenient for me. Ideal time for me would be Sunday afternoons.

Keep me posted.
~Tri

bwridge

Validated User
Hi Tri,

I spoke with Scott at Fantastic Games in Lynnwood and he gave me the go ahead to run a game there. I put up a notice on the bulletin board last week, and I'll be dropping by tomorrow to see if anyone has signed up. I'll let you know...

Brian

Randil

Validated User
I'd be interested in getting in on this, as I was just about to post a note looking for an Exalted game in the area. If you could keep me updated also (email in my profile would be best, but posting here or a PM also works), I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
Brian,

Lynnwood's a longer drive for me, but it's not a problem. I used to drop by Scott's storefront even at its old location near the Alderwood Mall. Good of him to host the game!

Just to get a head start, do you have any guidelines in mind for character creation?

~Tri

bwridge

Validated User
Hey guys,

We got three... that's good.

I went by Fantastic Games two days ago but no one had signed up yet. Scott did tell me that he knows a few people who would like to play... but it's up to them to contact me or to sign up on the bulleting board.

If I was the one running the game (and I am willing to do so), I'm thinking of having a gold-faction Sidereal serve as a 2-dot mentor for all the PC's (which could include Solar and Lunar exalts). He would be the organizer of the circle and the "mission generator," so to speak.

The only other restriction I can think of would be Artifacts no higher than 3.

I have a lot of reading to do... I found a used copy of Dragon-Blooded at Gary's on Tuesday and my LUnars and Games of Divinity arrived from Amazon yesterday. I'm backed up!

Brian

Randil

Validated User
Those creation rules sound fine to me. I've never been to Fantastic Games myself (or Lynnwood, for that matter), so I'm going to head out there later today to see how long a drive it is (20-30 minutes, according to Mapquest).

Are we still thinking about Sunday afternoons as the ideal time? That's fine with me, incidentally.

I certainly have no problem with you running the game, Brian. For what it's worth, I have nearly every Exalted book except Time of Tumult and Manacle and Coin, the latter of which I'm trying to pick up. I also have all the Castebooks, and I'm certainly willing to share for chargen or during the game. That brings me to my next questions: any changes to basic character creation, is the Mentor "free" or paid with normal background points, and how much supplementary stuff do you want to bring into the game (from Castebooks and the like, not net stuff)?

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
Brian,

Before I had a handle on the world or the mechanics, I played a session of Exalted at last year's Dragonmeet. It was perplexing, but still fun.

Since we're all new to Exalted, can we keep ourselves to the Core Rulebook to start? Between background and rules, the CRB has material in it (tons!) to involve a group for many campaigns.

So may I suggest keeping ourselves to the Core Rulebook? At least to start up.

What do you all think?

~Tri

p.s. I can print up Solar Charm Cards for everyone's use.

Randil

Validated User
For my part, I'd obviously like to include the other sourcebooks, as there's a lot of excellent information and mechanical stuff in there, and I don't think they're more heady than the CRB (and, admittedly, I would like to use the books that I invested in). If the vote is to add that stuff later, though, I'm all right with that too.

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
Randil,

I understand your viewpoint: I also have "Storyteller's Companion," "Games of Divinity," "Book of Three Circles," "Castebook: Dawn," and eventually I'd like to use them, too.

But to start, it might be a good idea to limit scope. It could take a while to nail down the intricacies of combat, charms, stunting, sorcery, not to mention figuring out our characters, the Circle interaction, the World, etc.

Just a thought. If people feel comfortable with loading up the game early, that's fine, too!

~Tri

Top Bottom