• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

North Seattle, Exalted Group

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
All's fine by me, Alok and Brian.

I'm just trying to remember the best route now to Scott's shop. Memory failing me... I'll just MapQuest it.

~Tri

bwridge

Validated User
By the way... when you do your character background, can you include details on family. You know... parents, siblings, stuff like that.

<laughs fiendishly>

Brian

SunnyD

Banned
Hi, this is Rick from Scott's. Sorry I didn't contact you earlier, but I'm hopeful for once being in an Exalted game. Be seeing you on Sunday.

Oh and if any of you hang around http://www.exaltedcompendium.com/ you'll see me there as well.

Oh and I sent ya an e-mail Brian. Should detail the whole thing.

but here's the copy anyways.

Hi Brian,

Sorry this is late, but I just saved your message for hotmail deletion. I'm glad to finally be able to join in an Exalted game for once. I tried rpg.net after I saw your message but even after registering and activating my account it's having problems recognising my account.

Anyways my characters history will a tad different. Half of the characters history I detail is part of his previous exaltation. That way he may one day meet up with old acquiantances... ; )

------------

Many Solars were imprisoned in a tomb of jade beneath the sea, yet a "lucky" few would continue their troubled exhistance. Exalting time and again, a Solar soul would find a suitable host every few decades. Yet some suffered a fate much worse than death. Some seemingly dropped out of exhistance all together or were imprisoned in the Jade Tomb.

It began in the 2nd Age, Realm Year 52. Back then he was known as Malkav, a herioc cell leader readying to join with the 7th Legion's army to fight back the occupation. The officers who coodinated with him offered him a leadership position within their army for his distinguished assistance to the resistance. So Malkav was taking his cell with him to the locale recruiting officer, but he would be delayed for quite a while. Traveling within the deep woods of the East, he followed a trail made by the resistance early in the war. But then from above and all around, Dynast soldiers sprung from the scenery like hungry ghosts! Oddly, Malkav could see amongst them robed men joining the fray. The resistance cell was hemmed in from all sides fighting desperately to live, yet the Dynast would certainly win. Especially with monks who moved faster than anyone else. Malkav swore he would take down a dozen before he'd let them kill him, and in a moment frozen in time a sun burst within his skull.

Light shot from his eyes and mouth and white molten blood ran through his veins. The leaves around him blew in a maelstorm of drying crackling leaves that stung the Dynasts eyes. Seemingly roaring into exhistance, two golden drakes roared their anger beside their master Malkav. The Dynast soldiers could not take on a god and fled. Malkav's comrades were apprehensive yet grateful to be alive, yet feared if their own hero was now possessed. The robed men were still there, burning with their own firey banners. Measuring the new anathaema that had sprung to life before their very eyes, the robed men took ready and seemingly replied a challenge with raising their own banners to their greatest height. Yet Malkav's was a burning star, it brought light to every tree and bush beneath the East's dark forests. The two Immaculates circled him and all the while burning to cinders the scenery beneath their feet. Then in an explosion of violent motion the two fires clashed with a burning sun, and was consumed. The fight was over in a flash and beside Malkav were two very dead Dragon Bloods.

Clap, clap, clap. It was not his cell that was congratulating him, yet another robed... women, leaning against a yew tree. Having enough of of mysterious robed people, Malkav jumped to the ready, but stopped with a motion of peace from the women. She quickly told her alliance with the 7th, and pointed out that those two were not alone. She was about to continue but a wave of mailed soldiers were crushing at all sides and little "fires" of colored light could be seen further between the trees. It was a hopeless battle, and she motioned him to follow. Seeing as his men quickly cut down he did agreed to follow her, for now. Malkav was having trouble following as she weaved through the forest as though it were nothing. Eventually they found a place that they could rest in security. There she revealed to him of her nature. A Sidereal of Gold. She told him that he had no future with the 7th, or anywhere out of it. It was though he simply died.

This was a lot in just one day, journeying to the 7th Legion all to be ambushed, then with all the confusion of his entire nature changing to that of a god and now be told he would not exhist another day. What the hell was going on? She told him if he wished to fight another day, some day in the future, he'd have to trust her. She told him he'd have to die. They stood their, silent, and he asked her if she was dropped as a baby. Growling with frustration, she told him if he met with the 7th Legion officer they would turn him in as readily as the officer who was recruiting him. This drew a sharp look and reply from Malkav. The recruiter was contacted by the Immaculates that an anathaema would wreck disaster to Creation if he was not stopped and provided the Immaculates with soldiers to capture the "demon". There he would be captured and be imprisoned in Jade, then... his Solar exhistance ended. If he tried to avoid his capture, sometime in Creation he would simply disappear from exhistance, which seemed to trouble her even more...

Malkav could not believe her, his exhistance is not just his exalted soul but himself as well... why should he end his to continue this occupier? Then she asked him why he joined the Resistance. He told her the Dynasts massacered his town and crushed the entire River Provinces under their brutal rule. Then she told him what he'd do for the memory of his town and the East. He told her he would die for them. Asking him again, she inquired what he would be willing to do if all of Creation was threatened. The scale and scope of the question seemed baffling, one man, help save all of Creation? But an inkling at the back of his mind told him it was within "our" reach... and Creation is something far more important than anything else. He would die for it, and at the back of his mind another voice agreed.

She told him his exalted soul would be kept in safe-keeping, and his mortal one honored for all time. She brought out a diamond knife incased in a beautiful filigree of brilliant gold. It radiated warmth and well-being. Malkav closed his eyes and said his final prayers, and then there was darkness.

It would begin anew in Realm Year 761, 709 years after Malkav sacrificed himself for the greater good. In a besieged village a dozen miles away from Nexus, a boy named Invictus desperately fought against a wave of wyld beastmen. His village was being raped and pillage, another victim to the predations of the 2nd Age. His father lie dead a few yards away and his home was already being raided where his mother and sister lay. It was all too much for someone so young, and raged like a maniac against a beastial man twice his height, and narrowly missed having his head caved in. All around him huts and fields burned and the screams of women and dying men lay everywhere, then muting it all, a roar of god-like wrath and a brilliance like a summer sun crashed into exhistance, leaving dead a beastmen at the feet of a new-born god. Everything was a red-hazy blur as Invictus scythed across the ranks of beastmen who got in his way. The beastmen's fate was final, they will die.

-------

From here my hero narrowly saves his village from total obliteration, but none of his direct family will survive like so many. The only people left he knows is a few uncles in Lookshy and Nexus. From here he travels to Nexus along with several survivors, but makes it on his own from there until he can get into contact with his relative. He exalted because the Gold Faction believed it was time their Solar be released as the Empress is truly missing and the Wyld Hunt is not what it used to be. They will no doubt track him down... that is unless he is met first by the Wyld Hunt.

Name: Invictus

Player: Richard

Caste: Dawn or Zenith if its really needed...

Concept: Champion

Nature: Matyr

Anima: Two Golden Dragons roughly forming a sunburst

Strength 5, Dexterity 2, Stamina 4

Charisma 4, Manipulation 2, Appearance 3

Perception 2, Intelligence 2, Wits 3

* are favored

Martial Arts 3, Melee 5, *Athletics 3, Awareness 1, *Dodge 5, Stealth 1, *Endurance 3, *Performance 2,*Presence 5, Resistance 2, Survival 1

Mentor 4 (previous affiliation draws more attention), Artifacts 2 (later when he meets the Gold Faction), Resources 2 (When he meets up with his uncle in Nexus)

Artifact: Orichalcum Thunderbolt Shield. It is beautifully shaped with two Dragons forming a sunburst with their limbs and spines.

Charms: Golden Essence Block, Dipping Swallow Defense, Bulwark Stance, Fivefold Bulwark Stance. (I'm currently missing my main Exalted book, but planned on getting a melee die adder and trying for the Terrifying Apparition of Glory path.)

Compassion 3, Temperence 2, Conviction 2, Valor 2

Willpower 5

Essence 3

Virtue Flaw: Red Rage of Compassion

Last edited:

bwridge

Validated User
OK, guys, as you can see, Rick has finally showed up (the guy that Scott over at the shop was talking about), so there's no more question marks. Welcome, Rick.

I just came back from Scott's place and we are confirmed to meet there on SUnday afternoon at 12:30. He sells snacks (candybars, chips) and coke, and said he doesn't mind if we bring our own munchies, but prefers that we buy the drinks from him. I have no problems with this, and I hope everyone brings a few bucks to throw his way. He is, after all, hosting the game.

So we have myself GMing, and Rick, Tri, ALok, and one or two of ALok's friends coming (one of whom is a one-shot). That should give us 4 regular members... which is a good number.

Rick sent me a loooong character profile, who will probably end up as a Dawn caste. I'm still waiting for backgrounds from everyone else.

I have the adventure outlined... I just need to prepare a few things. It'll be a simple quest... heavy on combat, light on roleplaying... just so we can get the mechanics down.

That's about it... I hope to see your characters before we start, so please post them here.

And I'll see you all on SUnday!

Brian

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
My basic character outline is below. I'll work out his Backgrounds and history in play.

See you all tomorrow!

Name: Daine Gelfenwater
Player: Tri
Concept: A Most Cunning Tailor
Caste: Twilight
Nature: Judge
Anima: ""

<Attributes>
Strength 2, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2
Charisma 4, Manipulation 3, Appearance 2
Perception 4, Intelligence 3, Wits 4
</Attributes>

<Abilities favored=*>
Melee 2, *Thrown 3, *Endurance 2, Performance 1, *Presence 3,
Survival 1, *Crafts 3, *Investigation 3, *Lore 1, *Medicine 1, *Occult 1,
Awareness 1, *Dodge 3, Bureacracy 1, *Socialize 2
</Abilities>

<Backgrounds>
Mentor 2, Ally 2, Contacts 1, Influence 1, Resources 2
</Backgrounds>

<Charms>
Triple Distance Attack Technique, Precision of the Striking Raptor,
Ox-Body Technique (twice), Golden Essence Block,
Dipping Swallow Defense, Flawless Handiwork Method,
Object Strengthening Touch, Harmonious Presence Meditation,
Listener-Swaying Argument
<Charms.

<Virtues flaw=*>
Compassion 1, Conviction 3 *(Heart of Flint), Temperance 2, Valor 3
</Virtues>

Willpower 7
Essence 3
Personal Essence 16
Peripheral Essence 37

SunnyD

Banned
Before the death of Invictus' family, his father Erik was among 3 other brothers originating from Lookshy. All born to a middle-class military family. Two of Invictus' uncles followed their family tradition and accomplished well in their respective roles among the 7th. One would find a knack in buisness, and Invictus' father, would lead a more simple life as an independent farmer. Much to the dismay of the family's patriarch.

Lookshy:

Uncle Vespar is a distinguished sergeant among the 82nd scouting division. Leading his squad to spy and disrupt enemy supply lines with great success. When Invictus' father left, Vespar was furious at his brother; disobeying the wishes of the family patriarch and leading a life of cowardice in his eyes. Married to Marie, a patrician of higher class, and two adult children, Marcus and Vallerie. Both on their way to graduate from the 7th's military academy.

Uncle Peitro was a more easy-going guy, unlike his brother Vespar who was a jerk in his opinion. Peitro and Erik were great pals, always showing off in their school, sneaking girls in their dorms, and partying half of the time. However, Peitro didn't succeede much and Erik didn't find interest in the military academy. Single and works as an assistant to a staff officer.

Nexus:

Uncle Garrick is the eldest of the brothers and worldly yet very sober and stern man. The family expected him to join the army much like Peitro and Vespar did based on his character, but it would not be. Sometime in the academy he found a philosophy of life to open his mind and experience other cultures, despite how superior Lookshy feels about their own culture. Perhaps it was disgust, or desire for self-enlightenment, he made his own path and from his experience opened a small buisness in medicinal tonics and herbs. Invictus' when he can assists his uncle, although takes no part in the fabrication of medicines, sometime the experience may rub off him and he'll perhaps learn a thing or two.

Tri Nguyen

Validated User
Please meet Croos

You may have seen my e-mail. After our first session (Exalted is fun!), I decided to create a different character concept.

I'd be happy to hear any of your thoughts on the character's concept, mechanicals, history or relationships.

Thanks,
Tri

CROOS: A puckish, self-made swordmaster from Nexus, Croos was reared in the chaotic househood of his Father, Croot, a repeated failure in the silk trade, and his Mother, Sooka, a reader revered by neighbors for her insight in the Tarot. Foreigners having business with Croos' Father often dropped in, unannounced. Gatherings of the larger family would occasion storytelling: half-truths whispered about demons and spirits, in particular, fired Croos' imagination. Allowed to nurture his talents, he apprenticed to a local Swordmaster until a time he surpassed his master. By custom here, unmarried youths live under their parents' roof, but, unlike his only sister and 3 brothers, Croos keeps apartments that overlook his sword studio. Time not teaching finds him riding - one of his few luxuries - or sharing tea with those more talented of his students who practice the healing arts or play at historian of First Age mysteries. Croos exalted as a Twilight one year ago.

What Croos wants:
* To marry for love instead of convenience
* To experience foreign lands, customs and women
* To fulfill the promise of his caste, find a teacher to initiate him into the sorcerous arts
* To discover and win an artifact of the First Age

Name: Croos
Player: Tri
Concept: Black Swordmaster
Caste: Twilight
Nature: Judge
Anima: ""

<Attributes>
Strength 2, Dexterity 4, Stamina 3
Charisma 2, Manipulation 3, Appearance 2
Perception 3, Intelligence 4, Wits 4
</Attributes>

<Abilities favored=*>
Martial Arts 2, *Melee 4, Endurance 2, *Resistance 2,
*Crafts 1, *Investigation 3, *Lore 3, *Medicine 3, *Occult 4,
*Athletics 2, *Dodge 3, Larceny 1, *Ride 3
</Abilities>

<Specialies>
Lore (The First Age) 1, Dodge (Full Dodge) 1,
Melee (Sword) 2, Dodge (Ranged Attacks) 2
</Specialties>

<Backgrounds>
Mentor 2, Allies 2, Contacts 1, Resources 3
</Backgrounds>

<Charms>
Shadow Over Water,
Reed in the Wind,
One Weapon Two Blows,
Excellent Strike,
Fivefold Bulwark Stance,
Bulwark Stance,
Dipping Swallow Defense,
Golden Essence Block,
Ox-Body Technique (Twice)
<Charms.

<Virtues flaw=*>
Compassion 1, Conviction 3 *(Heart of Flint), Temperance 2, Valor 3
</Virtues>

Willpower 7
Essence 3
Personal Essence 16
Peripheral Essence 37

Health Levels: (-0), (-1) x 5, (-2) x 4, (-4), (Inc.)
Weapons: Straight Sword & Knife
Armor: Breast Plate

Top Bottom