• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [NWoD] Parks and Requiem

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"Yes, actually, though..." She glances over to Karen. "Retention ponds are there so stormwater doesn't pool in property and facilities. You don't want to imagine what settles in there, though - I mean, basically everything does. Even when dry I can't recommend them as a usable space for anything, especially athletics." Normally she was somewhat disquieted by her coworker who fed on nightmares instead of blood, but she didn't mind this constituent being an appetizer. "It'll be easier to show you on the system," she says, turning back to Magnus, now largely ignoring Karen as well.
"That sounds divine, Melissa. Miss Krieger, if you would go with her."

Magnus' eyes darken subtly as he catches the annoying constituent's gaze, and she will feel the sensation of looking out through her own eyes as something puppets her body away. That would be Zalgo, an ephemeral tentacle reaching out to command and control her.
Karen huffs, a definitively Karen sort of huff. "I don't need to patronized by you - I know what a retention ponds does. But Billy is the captain of the LaCrossin' Buffaloes, and he has a responsibility to lead them to victory. I would think you'd understand the importance of civic pride."

"The mayor understands civic pride, and you can bet your boots he's going to hear about this." Checkmate apparently; she turns away from the pair, no doubt to write an extremely Karen email to the Mayor.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Karen huffs, a definitively Karen sort of huff. "I don't need to patronized by you - I know what a retention pond does. But Billy is the captain of the LaCrossin' Buffaloes, and he has a responsibility to lead them to victory. I would think you'd understand the importance of civic pride."

"The mayor understands civic pride, and you can bet your boots he's going to hear about this." Checkmate apparently; she turns away from the pair, no doubt to write an extremely Karen email to the Mayor.
Two sharp claps turns off the lights in his office. Karen doesn't even notice. Which suits him just fine.

Because that's when his Lair in the Primordial Dream starts to open - a horrid bubbling well of twisted existence that corrodes all matter, snuffs out all light, and rips all breath from the lungs as its blood-red glow suffuses the area.

Magnus twists and transforms, becoming something utterly eldritch and horrifying as flesh channels void, tentacles tipped with claws and noxious needles sprout, and thousands upon thousands of eyes open, staring into the infinite abyss.

Some people are about be fangoriously devoured by a nightmarish monster.

Karen has about five seconds.

Maledicta

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Two sharp claps turns off the lights in his office. Karen doesn't even notice. Which suits him just fine.

Because that's when his Lair in the Primordial Dream starts to open - a horrid bubbling well of twisted existence that corrodes all matter, snuffs out all light, and rips all breath from the lungs as its blood-red glow suffuses the area.

Magnus twists and transforms, becoming something utterly eldritch and horrifying as flesh channels void, tentacles tipped with claws and noxious needles sprout, and thousands upon thousands of eyes open, staring into the infinite abyss.

Some people are about be fangoriously devoured by a nightmarish monster.

Karen has about five seconds.
Just as Magnus is about to crush Karen in a most satisfying manner with his cavernous maw, Nicholas appears almost from nowhere (as he is wont to do, often scaring the shit out his co-workers) and furrows his brows.

"Mr Raynor, care to explain what's going on here?"

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Just as Magnus is about to crush Karen in a most satisfying manner with his cavernous maw, Nicholas appears almost from nowhere (as he is wont to do, often scaring the shit out his co-workers) and furrows his brows.

"Mr. Raynor, care to explain what's going on here?"
A thousand eyes looked in one direction, then the other, then in nine different ones simultaneously.

GLORP!

"Nothing," he replies innocently, as both the room and himself have returned completely to normal. "Just dealing with Miss Krieger here, who's very enthusiastic about emailing the Mayor concerning the water in the retention pond."

Maledicta

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nicholas turns to Karen and says with an absolutely straight face, "Miss Krieger, I understand that this is a very important issue for you. However, even if it was empty now, we'd still keep it barred from the public since our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our constituents. Retention ponds are dangerous to stay in because sometimes, backflows occur which can flood the pond in a matter of seconds."

OOC: @smilingbandit I want to use the Embed "Common Misconception" (DtD p. 149) to make Karen believe the bullshit Nicholas just made up. It's not exactly the function of the Embed, so if you want to put in a veto go ahead. Anyway, here goes: Common Misconception (Man + Sci, spending one WP)... bleargh. Fail.

smilingbandit2

The man of the future! The Machine-Man!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nicholas turns to Karen and says with an absolutely straight face, "Miss Krieger, I understand that this is a very important issue for you. However, even if it was empty now, we'd still keep it barred from the public since our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our constituents. Retention ponds are dangerous to stay in because sometimes, backflows occur which can flood the pond in a matter of seconds."
Nicholas is right (more or less), as is everyone else. This matters not to the Karens of the world. With a final harumph! that promises an extra paragraph on that email, she departs with bad grace.

OOC: Remember, Mayor Ehrlenmeyer is not a particular threat to anyone, monstrous or otherwise. He just cuts ribbons and makes speeches.

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"...Should have just eaten her..." Magnus grumbles as he sets back into the paperwork attempting to turn his desk into a nest. "All I can say is her 'precocious boy-captain' had better watch it -- he's getting too involved in the skin of our reality for his own good."

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
OOC: Is there still a chance for Melissa to take a shot?

MrPrim

Bleak Academic
Validated User
”Hey Edony, you mind making me a cup while you are over there?" he asks as he walks into the room and slips into a seat.
“Oh, er, of course, Mr. Fording,” she squeaks, pulling out the little drawer nervously. “Brew Moon Medium Roast, right?” she asks, popping the little plastic cup into the machine — a vague pang of guilt about the environment fluttering in her chest.

As she dug a mug out of the cabinet (a white one with the city logo on it and something handwritten in what appeared to be Sumerian on the bottom): she stammered for somethin to say. “So.. um... er... sir, how is... um... how's your evening going?”

squidheadjax

Social Justice Cultist
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Melissa crosses her arms and gives Magnus a beleaguered look, but quickly refocuses on dealing with the nagging mortal. She smirks softly at Nicholas' argument - it wasn't even very wrong, but that sort of thing usually happened in flood diversion channels instead. But it has about the expected effect on the nagging... and she's gone.

"Eating constituents is never the answer. That's how we run out of constituents. Take sips, not swallows. " Melissa sighs. "Really though, there's a blockage and it looks like it's around Cross Street. Who's going to check it out? I need to get back to prepping for the council meeting..."

Top Bottom