• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[nWoD] So - anyone have "Mirrors" yet?

Ranko85

From what I've read and heard in rumors, its supposed to be really good - but my FLGS doesn't have it and probably won't order it, so I'm stuck waiting for reviews to decide...

Now, to quote my topic: Anyone here at RPG.net already have it? I'd love to hear about the contents!

the_seraph

Writer-Monk
Validated User
Ditto.

I know that one of my players/STs has it on order from Amazon, but I haven't heard that she's gotten the book in the mail yet.

Ranko85

What's it about: Supposedly, alternate morality systems, alternate character creation, System hacks (aka alternate settings), alternate everything. It sounds really exciting from what I've heard, but I sure would love details.

DanMcS

☉
Validated User
I just picked it up at Borders.

Chapter 1 is mechanical options. 3 attributes instead of 9, 3 skills instead of 20+, Insanity rules (a la Cthulhu), merits, morality rules, and Extraordinary Mortal rules.

Chapter 2 has combat options, diceless combat, minis rules, initiative options, streamlined combat, injury options, social and mental combat, and relationships rules.

Chapter 3 is setting options. WoD Revealed is for open supernaturals; WoD Destroyed is apocalyptic stuff, and WoDark Fantasy touches on sword and sorcery, high fantasy, weird fantasy, and modern fantasy.

There's an appendix with house rules from some of the authors.

The afterward is by Richard Thomas, about the history of White Wolf, and how this is the last WoD book that will be traditionally published.

JustinCognito

Crepuscular
Validated User
The afterward is by Richard Thomas, about the history of White Wolf, and how this is the last WoD book that will be traditionally published.
Is that even technically true anymore? I mean, we've got the upcoming line-up of PDFs in print and unprinted books (such as Signs of the Moon and Mage Chronicler's Guide) coming up...

Peter Svensson

Reads Too Many Comics
Validated User
Except for Danse Macabre, Signs of the Moon, Mage Chronicler's Guide ... man, the timing on this didn't pan out.

Pete Whalley

Has Destrucity!
Validated User
Chapter 1 is mechanical options. 3 attributes instead of 9, 3 skills instead of 20+, Insanity rules (a la Cthulhu), merits, morality rules, and Extraordinary Mortal rules.

Chapter 2 has combat options, diceless combat, minis rules, initiative options, streamlined combat, injury options, social and mental combat, and relationships rules.
So it's a Storyteller version of D&D's Unearthed Arcana? Frickin' awesome. That's a must buy.

WoDark Fantasy touches on sword and sorcery, high fantasy, weird fantasy, and modern fantasy.
:D:cool:

:(

Top Bottom