• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Moderator Text:

Please do take the time though to read our official policy regarding this thread here before posting:
https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/avengers-endgame-spoiler-policy.844628/

If you feel the need to report a post, then do not include spoilers in your report out of respect for any moderators who haven’t seen the film yet. (Yes, some of us haven't. Such are the horrors of adulting.)

Big notice: If you have been banned from the first thread, you are still banned from this thread as well.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
So I've heard it mentioned a few times that since Endgame moves the MCU timeline forward by 5 years, that Marvel should throw out some prequel/interquel stuff to let our real timeline gradually synch up with the MCU timeline. Obviously any Black Widow movie is going to be a prequel/interquel work, but what other sort of period piece or interquel movies could we see? Shang-Chi as an 80s piece?

Grumpygoat

Validated User
While I'm not opposed to Black Widow playing out during the gap, I'd rather Marvel start playing in the new sandbox. It avoids the question of why certain heroes weren't active during the final fight, or hadn't stepped up during the gap (and, thus, come to Nat's attention).

taschoene

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I really wouldn't bet on the Black Widow movie being a prequel or interstitial. Now that they've fully opened the multiverse can of worms, there are so many other options that would actually advance the setting.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
For people complaining about the shot with all the ladies forming up behind Marvel: I stand by the interpretation I gave my roommate, which is that women see Carol Danvers and instinctively go 'okay, there is somebody who has her shit together.'

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
For people complaining about the shot with all the ladies forming up behind Marvel: I stand by the interpretation I gave my roommate, which is that women see Carol Danvers and instinctively go 'okay, there is somebody who has her shit together.'
Honestly, if I'm in that fight, I'm going to go stand next to the lady who just singlehandedly took out Thanos' dreadnaught, without breaking a sweat.

BethDragon

nominally Good Person
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think LawOrc commented to me that one of Carol's superpowers is 'has her shit together'/'adults well'.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
Honestly, if I'm in that fight, I'm going to go stand next to the lady who just singlehandedly took out Thanos' dreadnaught, without breaking a sweat.
The problem is the dialogue doesn't support that the characters are doing that - it's specifically about helping Marvel get across the battlefield, when she's the one person on the field who really, really doesn't need that support. That's part of the reason why the scene feels contrived - Carol's the biggest badass on the field.

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
The problem is the dialogue doesn't support that the characters are doing that - it's specifically about helping Marvel get across the battlefield, when she's the one person on the field who really, really doesn't need that support. That's part of the reason why the scene feels contrived - Carol's the biggest badass on the field.
It feels just about as contrived as a comic book panel, so I don't mind.

petros

Validated User
And Marvel gladly takes that help. She's not there to show off, she's there to get the MacGuffin where it needs to be without taking any unnecessary risks.

I'd have liked the whole scene to have been framed a little differently, and give us some team-up tactics between those Avengers like we've seen with the male Avengers.

Top Bottom