[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

petros

Validated User
Five

Years

Later...

Blind Al returns and still wants to live there but the new roommate (Hydra Bob) doesn't want to go!
>I've been gone for five months and you two haven't cleaned this place once?!

>>oh I'm sure it hasn't been THAT long ... but it felt like so much longer

petros

Validated User
Actually, DP has a family to take care of now. What would Russell / Firefist do if his father figures (Wade, Cable, Colossus, maybe Juggernaut) were all dusted?

The Watcher

Validated User
Actually, DP has a family to take care of now. What would Russell / Firefist do if his father figures (Wade, Cable, Colossus, maybe Juggernaut) were all dusted?
Cable would never be dusted. Thanos considers him a Bro... ;)

MuscaDomestica

Help Me!
Validated User
I love Doctor Strange so much, you guys!

The fridge-gut-punch is realizing that when he told Tony he'd sacrifice him and Peter and anyone else to protect [the universe]*... he stayed true to that statement (and twice displayed the remorse he had for doing so, in his own subdued way).

*Technically he declared his dedication to protecting the time stone, but he did specifically qualify "because the fate of the universe depends on it". He later came to realize that the fate of the universe depended on more than the continued existence of the Time Stone, so he stayed dedicated to his truest priority at all costs-- exactly as promised!
Really like that this version of Strange got most of his training/power by fighting Dormammu and dying untold numbers of times.

Kreuzritter

Validated User
I definitely hope Deadpool 3 opens with Wade having been dusted, and Weasel having been killed by Hawkeye in the intervening five years.
Actually we did see Wade get Snapped on the Colbert Report. I can't show the clip due to the politics moratorium, but his last words as he turned to dust were

"YOU DON'T HAVE THE BUDGET FOR THIS COLBERT!"

Mr Teufel

Dashing
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If DP isn't snapped, I see him getting up to hi-jinks in a parody of Hawkeye's reaction.
Maybe combine it with a parody of John Wick.

Thanos6

Desperately Seeking Apotheosis
Validated User
Earlier in the thread, there was talk about how the MCU has normalized stuff that, just a few years ago, no one ever thought would be in a movie. And I can't tell you how happy that fact has made me.

I mean, just look at my name.

Ever since I was about 9, Thanos has been one of my favorite villains; The Infinity Gauntlet changed the way I thought about things and affected my own writing to the point that it's one of the rare bits of pop culture I can say really changed my life.

I used to think that the best I could ever hope for was an adaptation in one of Marvel's animated series, since of course we'd never get a live-action movie.

A live-action movie featuring a small team, like X-Men or Avengers, was already pushing it. Dozens of heroes all fighting a cosmic villain who manages to kill half the universe? Nah, that'll never happen.

But it has. And I'm overjoyed to see the Infinity Gauntlet become part of mainstream culture, almost overnight. Thanos has gone from obscure to the new go-to example of "terrifying unstoppable villain." Even with his motivation being changed (which his own creator was fine with), even with the Infinity Gems/Stones actually being powered down, I'm so satisfied in a way that, for over 20 years, I never thought I would be.

petros

Validated User
Earlier in the thread, there was talk about how the MCU has normalized stuff that, just a few years ago, no one ever thought would be in a movie. And I can't tell you how happy that fact has made me.

-snip-
Also me. I was giddy like a 12 year old, it was like discovering comics or films were good for the first time all over again. I have new smile-lines on my face from the expression I held all the way through Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War, and Endgame. What is next?!?

Dweller in Darkness

Excelsior
Validated User
Also me. I was giddy like a 12 year old, it was like discovering comics or films were good for the first time all over again. I have new smile-lines on my face from the expression I held all the way through Avengers, Age of Ultron, Infinity War, and Endgame. What is next?!?
Oh, yeah. I mean, I nearly split my head in half smiling when they had all of the Avengers show up in a fighting circle as the camera pans around them in the first movie, and this time we got an epic battle with EVERYBODY, all charging in after Steve tells them to "assemble."

Top Bottom