• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

Rose Embolism

Validated User
I'm kind of the opinion that it's not so much that there's been an increase in supers, but an increase in PUBLIC supers.

We know there's been supers for a long time: Aliens in the 90s, technologists in the 80s, Captain America in the 40s, and the wizards and um, the Impossibles? Internals? were around pretty much forever. But the thing was, they were mostly quiet about it, and Shield was able to keep a lid on things.

But then Hulk breaks Manhattan. Thor publicly gets in a fight with a giant robot, then FREAKING ALIEN INVASION! The cat's out of the bag: people actually notice that the local PI has super strength, a lot more people are experimenting with super and alien tech, and before you know it some teen has put in a homemade costume and shown up in YouTube fighting crime and saving people.

Obviously SOMETHING must be done. And since flying murder platforms are out, legislation is the next step.

Kuildeous

Validated User
Not that I'm generally opposed to rewatching Endgame, but I'm curious what the rerelease has to offer. Anyone got a spoilerific summary of what's been added? I hear there's commentary after the credits, but I am imagining that there are a few extra scenes.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Not that I'm generally opposed to rewatching Endgame, but I'm curious what the rerelease has to offer. Anyone got a spoilerific summary of what's been added? I hear there's commentary after the credits, but I am imagining that there are a few extra scenes.
There's an unfinished scene (as in the CGI isn't complete) of Professsor Hulk saving people during the interregnum, and then another stinger that's apparently the first scene from Far From Home. And a tribute to Stan Lee before the movie.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
Yeah, there's not much there, but I was looking for an excuse to go see it again. I wouldn't have bothered going specifically for the extra stuff, but since I was already there it was a pleasant little bonus.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Having rewatched the movie recently I realized that after Captain Marvel, Wanda may be the most powerful hero out there*. It certainly looked like she was going to take down Thanos before he went with the nuclear option.

*Yes, I realize that there is plenty of room for debate here.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Having rewatched the movie recently I realized that after Captain Marvel, Wanda may be the most powerful hero out there*. It certainly looked like she was going to take down Thanos before he went with the nuclear option.

*Yes, I realize that there is plenty of room for debate here.
Oh I definitely agree. She’s near the top on blasty power and also has mental tricks that haven’t gotten much focus as a good guy.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Oh I definitely agree. She’s near the top on blasty power and also has mental tricks that haven’t gotten much focus as a good guy.
Yeah it occured to me that she should have been using those mental powers to at least stall Thanos, a la Mantis in IW.

Top Bottom