• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Official] Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Thread Part II

Crothian

Validated User
Anyone seen Endgame with the extra footage? I'm curious to what it is and if it is worth seeing again for it.

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
Anyone seen Endgame with the extra footage? I'm curious to what it is and if it is worth seeing again for it.
It's a tribute to Stan Lee, some extra (unfinished) footage of the Hulk saving people during the Blip, and... Some extra stringer stuff? It's almost certainly skippable and certainly nothing that changes the story.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I could have sworn someone post it.
Anyway, I haven't seen it but pretty much leaked on to the internet after the first showing.
It an unfinished scene of Hulk saving civilian when he gets a call for Cap to meet him and Scott.
It rough (Hulk mouth doesn't move when he speaks).

It's also an after credits scene (not iterated into the movie)

Colapso

Cosmic Cat Pandemonium
Validated User
As others have mentioned why it hasn't been expositioned, we see Mar-Vell's cruiser losing power as Carol goes Binary. As she comes down to confront Yon-Rogg the power lines are going nuts. And she completely no sells Thanos headbutting her. That last one could be uber brick but it makes sense that there's lots of energy absorption going on.
While it didn't receive any exposition, in a Captain Marvel rewatch, it's actually a crucial plot point: when she is absorbing energy from the cruiser, the sci-fi bindings holding Fury and Maria fizzle and stop working. So Carol does, directly, interfere with them as she is powering up.

One could say 'her powers generated an EMP', but 'she has the same powers she has in the comics' is a far simpler explanation.

See also how The Vision went through things in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment in Age of Ultron before full-on clearly using his density powers in Civil War, and people wondering if Peter even had a Spider-Sense (despite a scene in Civil War where he realizes he's going to be attacked from behind) before the newest movie made it a major plot point. Many times ancillary powers are there, they just don't get exposition until a good enough time comes to do so later on.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
While it didn't receive any exposition, in a Captain Marvel rewatch, it's actually a crucial plot point: when she is absorbing energy from the cruiser, the sci-fi bindings holding Fury and Maria fizzle and stop working. So Carol does, directly, interfere with them as she is powering up.

One could say 'her powers generated an EMP', but 'she has the same powers she has in the comics' is a far simpler explanation.

See also how The Vision went through things in a blink-and-you-miss-it moment in Age of Ultron before full-on clearly using his density powers in Civil War, and people wondering if Peter even had a Spider-Sense (despite a scene in Civil War where he realizes he's going to be attacked from behind) before the newest movie made it a major plot point. Many times ancillary powers are there, they just don't get exposition until a good enough time comes to do so later on.
It was also speculated that one of the main reasons for Carol to have the inhibitor is to prevent her from passively draining Hala and any adjacent parts of the Kree Empire.

I also like the idea that the exposition is limited and things are more shown than just explained.

Colapso

Cosmic Cat Pandemonium
Validated User
I also like the idea that the exposition is limited and things are more shown than just explained.
Same. Good movies should trust their audience, at least to an extent (I do tend to dislike arthouse biography movies that make no sense unless you /already/ know the person or situation being shown contextless scenes)

And really, of course the authors will keep her absorption powers. They are a good way to have her be able to just no-sell Thanos' headbutt (because she had just absorbed the energy of his cruiser, or bathed on a nearby star) and also be troubled by a group of far weaker enemies in some later movie (with a throaway line about how she is low on energy); dynamic power levels are very useful as a writer tool.

ShadowbaneX

Validated User
They are a good way to have her be able to just no-sell Thanos' headbutt (because she had just absorbed the energy of his cruiser, or bathed on a nearby star) and also be troubled by a group of far weaker enemies in some later movie (with a throaway line about how she is low on energy); dynamic power levels are very useful as a writer tool.
A better explanation is that the headbutt is just kinetic energy. The reason she no sells it, is because she absorbed the force of the blow, much like Cap's Shield or Black Panther's armour absorbs the kinetic energy of any attacks directed against them. Hummm, I wonder if there's any correlation between Carol's powers and Vibranium.

Last edited:
Top Bottom