(Official) Game of Thrones S8x1 “Winterfell”

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
There's something to that.

Of course you can make an argument that a good part of the whole show has been women looking at men decide how their lives should go, and to one degree (for good or ill) going "Fuck that noise."
I think that's one of the three themes of GoT. The other two are that it's an advertisement for democracy, and an object lesson in why it's important to stop trying to win at politics and concentrate on climate change.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The ritual creating the first WW (
) predates the fall of Valyria, I believe.
Valyria fell a few hundred years ago. The First Men came to Westeros long before that, a couple of thousand years if not more.

Creating autonomous bio weapons is rarely a good idea.

Gargoylewing

flying over a post-factual world
Validated User
Dany really should have realized the North operates differently from what she's used to
Yeah, but despite her big talk about breaking the wheel, she is still walking around Westeros trying to rule and conquer it like it was her godgiven right as Granddaughter of the last conqueror, that she lost due to a rebellion. Despite that, a), Targaryans rules half of Essos and then conquered Westeros by draconic force, and Robert led more of a counter-conquer in historical hindsight, and, b), now that the Dead march, we really should focus on that. Sure, Danny may make the lot of the lower classes easier, but she still thinks in tracks of the old ways of rulership. Like everyone seems to do, to be fair - like it still is The World Of Thrones. Except Jon. He may even be able to ignore his soon to be newfound rulership claim to defeat the Night King. And afterwards… well, heroes seldom get a happy ever after outside of fairytales. And despite the little folk of the forest, and the dragons, The World of Ice And Fire is no fairy tale world. At least not the shiny happy one...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So viele edle Ritter, sie fanden frühen Tod. Hier ist die Mär zu Ende, das ist der Nibelungen Not.

SpaceNinja

Validated User
So the Night Kings' message is the same kid who needed horses and wagons for his people? And the Brotherhood without Banners is outside Winterfell?
Yes, that's the Umber kid.

Jon also swore to forsake all titles when he joined the Watch, though it's not like his enemies would credit his claim anyway, and not like his followers care.
He did, but I think his vows end when he dies. He was resurrected, but I think his vows have ended when he got stabbed. "My watch has ended" is what he said after hanging the people who killed him.

Dany really should have realized the North operates differently from what she's used to based on the Northern war council. I mean, Jon Snow got smacked down hard by a ten year old girl.
To be fair, that ten-year-old girl is the biggest badass in the North.

N0-1_H3r3

Bemused and Bewildered
Validated User
If House Mormont doesn't receive a significant boost in status by the end of this, I'll be disappointed - between Jeor taking John under his wing in the Night's Watch, Jorah's continual, dauntless devotion to Daenerys, and Lyanna's general badassitude, House Mormont have done a lot to shape the fate of the world...

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
If House Mormont doesn't receive a significant boost in status by the end of this, I'll be disappointed - between Jeor taking John under his wing in the Night's Watch, Jorah's continual, dauntless devotion to Daenerys, and Lyanna's general badassitude, House Mormont have done a lot to shape the fate of the world...
Wow, you're right, House Mormont really does seem to be a House that produces badasses.

Speaking of smaller Houses, does the death of little lord Umber pretty much mean the extinction of House Umber? Last Hearth was in ruins and Greatjon Umber was killed at the Red Wedding, IIRC. That's a sad fate for that House...

Vault Dweller

Bard of Hope
Validated User
Wow, you're right, House Mormont really does seem to be a House that produces badasses.

Speaking of smaller Houses, does the death of little lord Umber pretty much mean the extinction of House Umber? Last Hearth was in ruins and Greatjon Umber was killed at the Red Wedding, IIRC. That's a sad fate for that House...
There might well be cousins knocking around.

Top Bottom