(Official) Game of Thrones S8x1 “Winterfell”

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
Nah, he waited for that particular moment for a reason, I think.

If he'd spilled it sooner, Daenarys would have rightly seen Jon as a threat and either set loose her dragons or try to pull him even closer. Waiting until Sam was just told his brother he loved was executed was precisely when Bran wanted the information to come out.
Yep. Sam having learned what happened probably made it easier for him to tell Jon the truth.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
And I loved that they've returned to the original end credits music too.
Speaking of bookends- that may be the one thing I flat out did not like: the new opening. It’s just plain not as good. No idea why they’d have spent the money to make that big a change after seven seasons of the greatest show opening ever.

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
Speaking of bookends- that may be the one thing I flat out did not like: the new opening. It’s just plain not as good. No idea why they’d have spent the money to make that big a change after seven seasons of the greatest show opening ever.
Fewer locations, so they had to stretch the sequence out to fit in all the credits.

Amethyst

Validated User
I feel as if that scene between Sansa and Tyrion was meant to dissuade us from shipping them.

Overall, though, this episode really feels like the beginning of the end.

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
I will laugh heartily if we end up with three factions all with their own dragon and Cersei sitting there supremely pissed she doesn't have elephants.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
In the wise words of Beyoncé, First of Her Name...

"If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it."
I can’t wait to see the awkwardness of this conversation between Jon and Daenerys. I mean... daaaamn. That’s some weapons grade awkward.

Hell- the dead get there? Jon oughta just march himself and Dany up to the Night King, and tell her there. Zombie bastard’ll march that whole horde back above the Wall just to get the hell outta the room for that conversation. :ROFLMAO:

Tokezo Tenken

I R Serious Monkey
Validated User
I can’t wait to see the awkwardness of this conversation between Jon and Daenerys. I mean... daaaamn. That’s some weapons grade awkward.

Hell- the dead get there? Jon oughta just march himself and Dany up to the Night King, and tell her there. Zombie bastard’ll march that whole horde back above the Wall just to get the hell outta the room for that conversation. :ROFLMAO:
Whoever does that mashup of Arrested Development and Game of Thrones is going to have a field day (if that's still going on.)

Also it just clicked for me (Duh) that this episode and the first episode of the series are bookends with Jaime and Bran confronting each other.

Top Bottom