• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Oh Shit Son - Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Matt.Ceb

40 Years of Unknown Pleasures
Validated User
Veteran Start.
Three hours in.
Just got the Jump Drive and will head out to Nevada.

The game is all I wanted it to be.
It's engaging, it's fun, it looks amazing, it plays amazing, it pulls all the right strings.

Easily the best 25€ spent on a videogame in ages. I would not have been disappointed if it had been a 40€ or 50€ game, to be honest.

Grumpygoat

Validated User
I've been sating my urge to skip out on work early by reading reviews. That most of the negatives are holdovers from Privateer is good - I don't necessarily disagree that they're negatives, but they're stuff I'm well-accustomed to. Hell, I'd been playing Privateer again while impatiently waiting for this to drop. Just another hour or so...

Vargen

Validated User
Oh look, Epic charged my card but didn't give me the game. Maybe I shouldn't have trusted their web storefront. I guess I should have looked harder for the store client download link rather than clicking on the shiny space ships on the front page.

Ranmyaku

Gone Snake
Validated User
So is it as good as we hoped?
Hey do you remember Privateer!? It's Privateer only way better! It's Privateer with smooth controls and pretty explosions and a cool protagonist and losing embarrassingly at 8-ball and a poster of Barto Reynolds in the cockpit! It's awesome!

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
Hey do you remember Privateer!? It's Privateer only way better! It's Privateer with smooth controls and pretty explosions and a cool protagonist and losing embarrassingly at 8-ball and a poster of Barto Reynolds in the cockpit! It's awesome!
Good to hear! :D

(I never actually played Privateer. 😅)

CLAVDIVS

Postmodern Futurist
Validated User
Welp, I pulled the trigger. Haven't had a chance to get into the actual game yet, but I was able to confirm that the game will launch from within Steam after adding it to my library, even without the Epic launcher running.

Frustratingly, though, it doesn't seem to recognize my controller over the Steam Link. If anyone's able to get that to work, lemme know; I rather enjoy being able to play my games in the living room.

Top Bottom