• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Okay, you lot. Recommend me some anime!

Bicorn

Validated User
Oh, and should not forget - while it's mostly an action story, it has some genuinely touching emotional moments.

Afterburner

Remarkably expressive bandages
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Any other recommendations for younger teens? My Hero Academia? Made in Abyss? The Ancient Magus's Bride? Land of the Lustrous? Fairy Tail? Granblue Fantasy? Grimgar? Beuller?

Ikselam

may one day be worthy of your grace
Validated User
Any other recommendations for younger teens? My Hero Academia? Made in Abyss? The Ancient Magus's Bride? Land of the Lustrous? Fairy Tail? Granblue Fantasy? Grimgar? Beuller?
Yes, no (graphic violence), no (not actiony, subject matter), maybe, yes, yes, no (graphic violence, subject matter).

Soul Eater is pretty fun shounen fighty series, if they're into the comedically macabre, Tim Burton-esque aesthetic.

Last edited:

Afterburner

RPGnet Member
Validated User
That moment when you're watching Fist of the North Star and you get to the episode where the bad guy is a bodybuilding drag queen.

Truly, the past is a different country.

Afterburner

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Finally got around to watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and was quite surprised to hear "Roundabout" by Yes in the closing credits.

Bicorn

Validated User
"To be continued..." (cue Roundabout) has become something of a meme in Jojo fan circles.

Afterburner

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also binge-watched Cells at Work! yesterday, and man I enjoyed that one. The implications are staggering, though:

Implication #1: We see cells like U-1146 and Killer T bleeding. And U-1146 gets a bruise. And they sweat. Which implies that the cells in this specific body also have fully-functioning circulatory systems and sweat glands. And who knows what else. Which implies that the cells...

...have cells. So somewhere inside U-1146, there's a red blood cell like AE3803 and a white blood cell like U-1146 and so on.

IT'S CELLS ALL THE WAY DOWN! O_O

Implication #2: According to Wikipedia, the average white blood cell lives around 6 days before dying.

U-1146, the white blood cell we see in the first episode, is clearly the same U-1146 we see in the final episode. He's still alive and kicking.

So in less than one week's time, the body they live in experiences:

-The Flu
-Food poisoning
-Hayfever
-Heat stroke bad enough to require intravenous saline
-Head trauma bad enough to require a blood transfusion

To quote a comment from the Crunchyroll comment section, "Dude needs to take better care of himself."

Top Bottom